Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{ Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } (/Thread-Postgame-Reactions-Thread-Week-1)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Destro - 09-10-2023

Guess they all went out to the strip club before the game. Billy Bob couldn't block.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - casear2727 - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 09:37 PM)Leon Wrote: i tried to warn folks bout signing burrow to a fat contract. but folks didnt listen. he looked drunk out there today.

he was good at lsu for one year cause of chase an jefferson and marshall. hes looked good in the nfl cause of chase higgins and boyd. put him with the chiefs wrs and see how he looks. it wouldnt be pretty.

they shoulda let him play out this year then see who gets the 1 pick and traded burrow and drafted caleb. now they chose wrong and you saw today whats in store. you cant compete with such a ceazy contract. bad move by front office.

The Browns message board is that way >>>>>>>>>>>

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Nicomo Cosca - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 09:37 PM)Leon Wrote: i tried to warn folks bout signing burrow to a fat contract. but folks didnt listen. he looked drunk out there today.

he was good at lsu for one year cause of chase an jefferson and marshall. hes looked good in the nfl cause of chase higgins and boyd. put him with the chiefs wrs and see how he looks. it wouldnt be pretty.

they shoulda let him play out this year then see who gets the 1 pick and traded burrow and drafted caleb. now they chose wrong and you saw today whats in store. you cant compete with such a ceazy contract. bad move by front office.

[Image: 33d.gif]

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - samhain - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 09:27 PM)impactplaya Wrote: The Browns ran mostly man coverage 
Yet I never saw a pick play ( the Steelers used to kill us on)
Comeback routes , sluggos...out and ups etc.
It's hard to beat man to man when you only run the 
Same 4 routes all day 

I was completely shocked to see them run man coverage on our receivers and succeed.  That used to be a death sentence for d-coordinators.  With the rule changes favoring receivers, there's no way that should work against guys like Ja'marr and Tee, but somehow it did today.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Leon - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 09:20 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: The season is a marathon not a sprint. We’ll be fine.
However, based on how I feel tonight, I’d trade Pollack and Jonah for a washer and dryer. Lol
(It worked for Jackie Moon)

ill be scocked if we win 8 games this year. i think folks are gonna regret burrows contract big. i hope im wrong but i doubt it

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - 007BengalsFan - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 06:15 PM)TheFan Wrote: Oh I'm not saying Tee played well. But it was like an AJ game where most of the throws to him (and other receivers) were out if bounds. He played defense well on 2 balls to prevent possible interceptions because of bad decisions/throws by Burrow. Our offense seemed to have 0 strategy of what they were trying to do which falls on ZT and Burrow, to me. 

Tee got no separation today.  Every time Burrow threw him the ball he had a guy right there with him.  The top WRs in the NFL dont have this happen to them.  They find a way to get open.  Look at Chase this game.  He was able to get open.  Despite what some of our fans keep trying to claim, Tee is not in the same category as the elite receivers in the NFL and the Bengals shouldnt offer him a contract as such.  He is good but not elite.

(09-10-2023, 09:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Some continue to make excuses for Pollack, the bottom line we have invested more capital with Pollack as a coach then any other position coach.. we all know not all draft picks work out but rarely has Pollack developed any picks that great with us.. he had Price as a rookie and we know how that turn out.. Williams he has had most of his career... plus the FA we have picked up still have not played overall as well as we seen them in the past... Taylor and Tobin have to take some blame but position coaches should be blamed more when their group fails... So stop the excuses and admit that up to now Pollack has failed and lets hope it finallly changes and maybe make a change during the seasion

They could fire Pollack tomorrow and I’d be fine with it. I just refuse to put it solely on him. Duke has been abysmal at assembling OL’s for 8 years now.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - bfine32 - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 09:44 PM)Leon Wrote: ill be scocked if we win 8 games this year. i think folks are gonna regret burrows contract big. i hope im wrong but i doubt it

I'll also be shocked if we win 8 games this year. 

(09-10-2023, 09:43 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The Browns message board is that way >>>>>>>>>>>

well then go.

im a bengals fan. im allowed to have my own opinions just like you. folks really need to stop telling other folks what theyr allowed to think or how to be a fan.

(09-10-2023, 09:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll also be shocked if we win 8 games this year. 

we'll be shocked for different reason but thats ok. you are respectful and dont tell folks there not fans cause of different opinon

(09-10-2023, 09:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

i love how this thread is full of crticising but if i criticize its bad somehow

(09-10-2023, 09:53 PM)Leon Wrote: i love how this thread is full of crticising but if i criticize its bad somehow

Because you’re the only one advocating for moving on from Burrow and trading for the #1 pick.

LOL LOL LOL

(09-10-2023, 06:04 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: DaWand Jones had a much better game than Miles Murphy. DaWand Jones looked like the second coming of Anthony Munoz compared to whatever the hell Williams and Karras were trying to do. 

Karras has never been a good center.  He grades out as being pretty average.  I dont know why we have people thinking he is this great offensive lineman.  He is not.  Karras likes to talk a great game but his actual performance on the field is pretty mediocre.

...and Williams, how many times are people going to keep making excuses for the guy.  Williams allowed the 4th quarter, 4th down sack to Garrett when he had help from the running back.  He looks no better at RT than he did at LT.  Then again Im not surprised.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - casear2727 - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 09:47 PM)Leon Wrote: well then go.

im a bengals fan. im allowed to have my own opinions just like you. folks really need to stop telling other folks what theyr allowed to think or how to be a fan.

You have bee kicked off here multiple times.  You have a history of dumb sh!t that is beyond criticism, the mods shouldnt have to dump you every time you post. 

(09-10-2023, 09:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because you’re the only one advocating for moving on from Burrow and trading for the #1 pick.

LOL LOL LOL

its called an opinion. you have plenty i think are terrible. thats what a message board is for right. differnt opinions?

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Frank Booth - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 09:56 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Karras has never been a good center.  He grades out as being pretty average.  I dont know why we have people thinking he is this great offensive lineman.  He is not.  Karras likes to talk a great game but his actual performance on the field is pretty mediocre.

...and Williams, how many times are people going to keep making excuses for the guy.  Williams allowed the 4th quarter, 4th down sack to Garrett when he had help from the running back.  He looks no better at RT than he did at LT.  Then again Im not surprised.

woah, a tackle got beat by the future hall of fame best pass rusher in the league? How terrible! 

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Essex Johnson - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 09:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They could fire Pollack tomorrow and I’d be fine with it. I just refuse to put it solely on him. Duke has been abysmal at assembling OL’s for 8 years now.

I did not just blame Pollack but the biggest difference is the lack of progress especially with draft picks but even FAs...,, Duke does have a role in the draft but he has had success also in other areas.. Pollack has been the coach in the majority of years of the past 8 and he is the coach not Duke... sometimes the coaches screw up the players not the Evaluator... 

Maybe Duke needs to hand pick a new Oline coach and if he does not do well than we have more reason to blame Duke

(09-10-2023, 09:57 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You have bee kicked off here multiple times.  You have a history of dumb sh!t that is beyond criticism, the mods shouldnt have to dump you every time you post. 

no i havent. this is a personal attack. no need for that. we can disagree on opinions without attaking each other

(09-10-2023, 06:09 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: If anyone blames the D, they need to leave. Can’t be upset with that unit when they play a full quarter more than tge offense.

as bad as the offense played and as many times as the offense gave the Browns good field position, the defense still held Cleveland to a 16-3 score in the 4th quarter until the Bengals decided to go for it on 4th down and gave the ball to the Browns on the 18 yard line.  The defense played a very good game and gave the team a chance.  You cant keep putting your defense back on the field with 3 and outs in bad field position and expect them to hold.  Defense did a very good job today.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Nately120 - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 09:44 PM)Leon Wrote: ill be scocked if we win 8 games this year. i think folks are gonna regret burrows contract big. i hope im wrong but i doubt it

[Image: 117877741_10220118467211018_499923834669...1597869166]