Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! (/Thread-Zac-Taylor-play-calling-is-trash)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - THE PISTONS - 09-27-2023

(09-27-2023, 02:32 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Maybe these guys really do know what they're doing...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

When it works, they look like they do.

When the defense gets home with the pass rush and the offense looks bad, they don't.

I guess there's a lot of things like that in life.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Shake n Blake - 09-27-2023

(09-27-2023, 02:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: Except that Joe is checking out of a lot of runs. If you're going to protect Joe from Joe, you're going to have to bench him. Otherwise, he's going to do Joe things. They ran a lot of RPO Monday for that very reason, and the competitor in Burrow checked to the pass, lol. 

I hear yall and that's totally Joe, but he's the employee. Maybe the bosses need to save him from himself. LOL

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-27-2023

(09-27-2023, 03:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I hear yall and that's totally Joe, but he's the employee. Maybe the bosses need to save him from himself. LOL

Maybe....

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Brownshoe - 09-27-2023

(09-27-2023, 02:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1) Perhaps because our starting QB had 0 practice this PS; pre-snap movement(s) must be coordinated by the QB. It's quite possible we needed to work on it in practice before we unleashed it in games. 

2) Perhaps Zac had to go vanilla until his starting QB was up to snuff.

3) Perhaps about 75% of this message board know more about calling NFL games than a HC who has went to 2 consecutive AFC Championship Games.

Sorry, I forgot that Burrow is a rookie and they've never practiced any kind of pre-snap movements.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - michaelsean - 09-27-2023

(09-27-2023, 11:54 AM)Joelist Wrote: They're already adapting. We saw it Monday night with Chase being moved all over the place to prevent the defense from settling into one way to defend. And Chase out of the slot was very effective. Remember that without Tee dropping 5 balls that game is a total blowout. Likewise if we had Burrow at his usual accuracy we drop at least 30 on the Rams.

Tee definitely ended some drives.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - bfine32 - 09-27-2023

(09-27-2023, 06:32 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Sorry, I forgot that Burrow is a rookie and they've never practiced any kind of pre-snap movements.

So I assume you're picking option 3.

You can forget all you want, but even veterans need training camp to get back in rhythm. 

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-27-2023

(09-27-2023, 02:32 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Maybe these guys really do know what they're doing...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nah ...they can't know shit .... someone on here said they're butt cheeks. Mellow

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-27-2023

(09-27-2023, 08:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So I assume you're picking option 3.

You can forget all you want, but even veterans need training camp to get back in rhythm. 

If we've got someone on here that can get us to Super Bowls, back to back to back afccg and division titles, find them and hire them! Ninja

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Nepa - 09-27-2023

In an ESPN.com article on how Rodgers is helping Burrow with the calf issue, it was noted how impactful Burrow's injury is on the team's offense:

"For him to tough it out, I don't that people realize how much pain and limited mobility he was in," Rodgers said. "But for him to gut it out last night and to make enough plays to win, like I texted him, that's what great competitors do. They show up and play through the pain and don't make it a big deal."

"Bengals offensive coordinator Brian Callahan said Burrow was straightforward about how he felt and what he was comfortable doing in the primetime game against the Rams. But even at the beginning, the coaching staff was unsure of how Burrow might look.

"Callahan said the offense must be better as the season progresses, even if Burrow is dealing with the calf injury. But Cincinnati's fifth-year coordinator acknowledged it does have an impact on how the offense operates.

"When it came to his mechanics, Burrow said generating velocity without putting too much pressure on his right calf is something he has thought about. He initially took time off throwing immediately after he suffered the injury in late July so he didn't corrupt his mechanics."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38508064/burrow-rodgers-form-bond-shared-calf-injury-histories

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - sandwedge - 09-27-2023

(09-27-2023, 02:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1) Perhaps because our starting QB had 0 practice this PS; pre-snap movement(s) must be coordinated by the QB. It's quite possible we needed to work on it in practice before we unleashed it in games. 

3) Perhaps about 75% of this message board know more about calling NFL games than a HC who has went to 2 consecutive AFC Championship Games.

I'm going to say it's more #3.... You know they helped coach their son's pee wee team and suddenly they are NFL caliber coaches.. 

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - bfine32 - 09-27-2023

(09-27-2023, 10:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Callahan always seems like the smartest guy in the room to me when he talks.

Well, that's because it's just the 2 of you. 

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Nicomo Cosca - 09-28-2023

(09-27-2023, 11:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, that's because it's just the 2 of you. 

Damn I got got by Fred 2.0 Gaah

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - SladeX - 09-28-2023

Yeah you’re right. Just shut the m*****f***er down, since none of us know what we’re talking about… .

Or maybe that’s too far. We should all post thusly:

Who Dey!

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-28-2023

(09-27-2023, 10:05 PM)Nepa Wrote: In an ESPN.com article on how Rodgers is helping Burrow with the calf issue, it was noted how impactful Burrow's injury is on the team's offense:

"For him to tough it out, I don't that people realize how much pain and limited mobility he was in," Rodgers said. "But for him to gut it out last night and to make enough plays to win, like I texted him, that's what great competitors do. They show up and play through the pain and don't make it a big deal."

"Bengals offensive coordinator Brian Callahan said Burrow was straightforward about how he felt and what he was comfortable doing in the primetime game against the Rams. But even at the beginning, the coaching staff was unsure of how Burrow might look.

"Callahan said the offense must be better as the season progresses, even if Burrow is dealing with the calf injury. But Cincinnati's fifth-year coordinator acknowledged it does have an impact on how the offense operates.

"When it came to his mechanics, Burrow said generating velocity without putting too much pressure on his right calf is something he has thought about. He initially took time off throwing immediately after he suffered the injury in late July so he didn't corrupt his mechanics."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38508064/burrow-rodgers-form-bond-shared-calf-injury-histories

Yep, Rodgers knows better than anybody about grade 1 calf strains and playing through them. Wink

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - TecmoBengals - 09-29-2023

(09-28-2023, 12:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Damn I got got by Fred 2.0 Gaah

No person could reach Fred heights of bad posting.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Nicomo Cosca - 09-29-2023

(09-29-2023, 09:08 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: No person could reach Fred heights of bad posting.

I don’t even think bfine is bad. He just likes to argue nearly as much as Fred. Tongue

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-29-2023

(09-29-2023, 09:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t even think bfine is bad. He just likes to argue nearly as much as Fred. Tongue

But Bfine is much better at arguing and doesn't hijack threads like Fred always did....

Been nice around here without Fredtoast IMHO.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Housh - 09-29-2023

Chase seems to be a truth teller when you catch him in the locker room

I’m surprised no one discussed this yet. Chase said Burrow not going deep isn’t due to his calf. It’s ALL how defenses have played us.

I just find that hard to stomach

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Joelist - 09-29-2023

Seeing as Chase has been open and Burrow just missed him shows Burrow's calf is affecting his throwing motion and hence his accuracy. Hopefully he gets well enough soon to push off the calf correctly when throwing.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - SouthernFan - 09-29-2023

(09-29-2023, 01:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: But Bfine is much better at arguing and doesn't hijack threads like Fred always did....

Been nice around here without Fredtoast IMHO.

I sometimes miss reading Fred’s posts. He often liked to play devil’s advocate which I also enjoyed in my younger days. Gave that up as I got older though as younger people today can’t handle reason, logic and facts. A lot of people here didn’t care for Fred, but I often found his posts interesting and sometimes informative.