Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jake Browning appreciation thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Jake Browning appreciation thread (/Thread-Jake-Browning-appreciation-thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Nicomo Cosca - 12-17-2023

It’s a moot point anyway. Duke didn’t trade Tee when he probably should have, and he won’t trade Browning either.

We will have to revisit this a year from now.

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - ezekiel23 - 12-17-2023

Glad we have Jake as our backup.Who would have thought?

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - bfine32 - 12-17-2023

(12-17-2023, 02:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s some interesting math. You named 7 teams, one of which is the Pittsburgh Steelers (not even worth discussing as we obviously would never trade him there), and another has Aaron friggin Rodgers poised to return. Not to mention all of the other reasons I listed that probably make them unrealistic options (like the Saints eating $52 million in dead cap).

I listed 7 but didn't include the 2 teams you suggested. So that's 9. I was also conservative and didn't list Chicago, Minnesota, Giants, ect..

There are a lot of NFL teams that would like to have The Jake Browning from the last 3 weeks as their starter. I see no other reason than disrespect to suggest he couldn't

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Shake n Blake - 12-17-2023

I just rewatched the highlights and I can't believe people are nitpicking one throw where Browning had 2 guys in his face and threw while falling backwards.

Not the best throw to judge his arm on. Sure, a strong armed QB might pull off a better looking throw, but you can't look at that one and say he has a noodle and can't start.

His arm looks fine enough to run an offense and run it well. Maybe teams catch up with 4 games of tape? Maybe not. He's very accurate, runs the offense well, doesn't get rattled, etc.

I see a lot to like from the guy. He's not Joe Burrow, we all know that, but to put a cap on this guy and act like there's no conceivable way he could be a starter?

Seems silly and kinda odd energy, tbh.

I was on the opposite side of this with AJ McCarron, but that was with people saying McCarron should start over Dalton. I was open to the possibility of McCarron being a starter somewhere else.

Tbh, we never really got much of a chance to see what McCarron could do elsewhere. Pretty sure he battled injuries after he left Cincy.

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - bfine32 - 12-17-2023

(12-17-2023, 02:18 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Glad we have Jake as our backup.Who would have thought?

Obviously not those who thought we were stupid for not protecting the WVU QB.

You know who you are

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Shake n Blake - 12-17-2023

IF we trade Browning (if he continues playing well) is another discussion. If we have his rights and he's cheap, we just might keep him. Especially with Joe's recent injury history.

I just don't understand why people are or were acting like the idea is a non-starter. Way too early to say, tbh. Just a possibility if he continues playing well.

Completely dismissing this is silly, imo.

(12-17-2023, 02:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I listed 7 but didn't include the 2 teams you suggested. So that's 9. I was also conservative and didn't list Chicago, Minnesota, Giants, ect..

There are a lot of NFL teams that would like to have The Jake Browning from the last 3 weeks as their starter. I see no other reason than disrespect to suggest he couldn't

I only suggested 1 - Falcons. The Pats are currently picking #2OA why wouldn’t their new coach draft a QB? The Giants paid Daniel Jones a massive contract, and they also have their own feel good QB2 story anyway.

I’d be surprised if the Bears moved on from Fields, but even if they decide to they have the #1OA pick in the draft and could take Caleb Williams (or whoever they want).

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Trademark - 12-17-2023

(12-16-2023, 10:46 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Jake is not close to Dalton.  I will do any bet with any poster that Jake is never a QB1 on any NFL roster.   He is a super capable backup but come on guys the obvious is obvious.   Im afraid we will see this the next few games, hopefully not.  I bet Frasier wished he would have pressured him all game and Tomlin will likely try to.  Luckily our oline and run game have been effective.

This dude has beaten 3 playoff teams in a row and has also done it against 3 solid defenses too....

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - cinci4life - 12-17-2023

Not sure if this was mentioned but apparently the NFL has requested an immediate drug test from Browning.

https://fanrecap.com/article-891395/?utm_source=cincinnati-bengals&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=nfl-mk&fbclid=IwAR2nD5Eq8f8HffFmTdxLyQsUgkHjXm-3DrytpcIXqvcFuwPpYxj4Gpgys4k

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - TheLeonardLeap - 12-17-2023

Jake Browning has now thrown as many TDs in a season as Kenny Pickett ever has.

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Daddy-O - 12-17-2023

(12-16-2023, 10:29 PM)casear2727 Wrote: #1.  Like I said, he isnt good pressured out of the pocket and he cant make all the throws, jumpballs wont get it.  His stats are hugely padded by some great yac plays.  He is a backup and will always be a backup, just wait and see.

#2.  Where is he going to go?  Why would we let him leave, he will earn the league minimum with us next season.

All this said, he is an extremely capable backup and Im glad we have him. 

There are some pretty bad starting QBs in the NFL.  His Browning elite?  No, but he is more than capable and tons better than the teams with shitty starters have.  You don't think he would be a better solution in NE, Atlanta, Arizona, NY (both teams) just to name a few?

Hard to find a quality starting QB in the NFL, that's why there are only a handful of really good ones.  He could start somewhere and do well in the right situation.

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Sled21 - 12-17-2023

Utter nonsense.

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - reuben.ahmed - 12-17-2023

(12-16-2023, 10:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Today's win can finally put to rest we can t win without Joe,

I think this might light a fire under Burrow's ass for next season. Bills fans saying Burrow is overrated and overpaid so I said what about INT machine. They're saying 2:1 TD:INT ratio, I still says how many iNTs he got though. 

Then they're calling him a mahomes beater lol really, OK, there's only 1 person with that title right now.

(12-17-2023, 10:45 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: There are some pretty bad starting QBs in the NFL.  His Browning elite?  No, but he is more than capable and tons better than the teams with shitty starters have.  You don't think he would be a better solution in NE, Atlanta, Arizona, NY (both teams) just to name a few?

Hard to find a quality starting QB in the NFL, that's why there are only a handful of really good ones.  He could start somewhere and do well in the right situation.

The problem with some of these teams being named is they’re stuck with their current QB’s. Arizona has Kyler, NYG has Jones, NYJ has Rodgers. These are all big money contracts with massive dead cap numbers for the 2024 season.

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - Sled21 - 12-17-2023

(12-17-2023, 11:06 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think this might light a fire under Burrow's ass for next season. Bills fans saying Burrow is overrated and overpaid so I said what about INT machine. They're saying 2:1 TD:INT ratio, I still says how many iNTs he got though. 

Then they're calling him a mahomes beater lol really, OK, there's only 1 person with that title right now.

Nobody needs to light a fire under Burrow's ass, his fire to win burns more than just about any athlete I've ever seen. Freakin ridiculous, and if Bills fans are saying that, they're idiots.

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Essex Johnson - 12-17-2023

I feel his value for next year as a backup is more important than a trade, with Burrow surgery on throwing hand/wrist,that has to be a concern, we need to have our QB ready to go at start of season so better to keep Browning, we know now we can win with Browning if Burrow is out, worth keeping him with core of the team back next year

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - QueenCity - 12-17-2023

(12-17-2023, 11:27 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I feel his value for next year as a backup is more important than a trade, with Burrow surgery on throwing hand/wrist,that has to be a concern, we need to have our QB ready to go at start of season so better to keep Browning, we know now we can win with Browning if Burrow is out, worth keeping him with core of the team back next year

Unless somehow you fleece a team for a 2nd or 3rd round you keep him IMO... his value next season is worth not getting something back.

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Browns Town Bengal - 12-17-2023

(12-17-2023, 01:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure it is. He's done great as a starter, but he can't be a starter. 

There is a difference between filling in to start a few games and being a full time starter.  But you knew that already.  A backup QB is supposed to be able to come in and spot start here and there when QB1 cant go.  

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Essex Johnson - 12-17-2023

(12-17-2023, 11:32 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Unless somehow you fleece a team for a 2nd or 3rd round you keep him IMO... his value next season is worth not getting something back.

i disagree, I don't see any 2/3 round pick worth a possible run next year for playoff/super bowl, and you know if Burrow ends up being healthy, midway through the year, teams will be calling for a trade when other QBs go down, that is where you could fleece them maybe...We finally have a solid backup on a very good team with Burrow injury history smart to keep him

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Browns Town Bengal - 12-17-2023

Lets face it, Browning has been pretty damn good filling in for an injured Burrow. But Id be surprised if he becomes a solid full time starter here or anywhere else once this run is over. There is now a lot more tape on this guy than there was 3 weeks ago and DC's are smart enough to be able to notice weaknesses in his game and start exploiting that. I think once that happens, youll see a lot more struggles from him.

If he is as good as some of you all think, then he will adjust and improve in those areas. If he isnt, then he will just become another QB2 that had his 15 minutes