Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Good Night Irene - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Good Night Irene (/Thread-Good-Night-Irene--16635)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Good Night Irene - bfine32 - 09-07-2018

(09-07-2018, 08:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: You venom toward you fellow military men is insulting.

You will do anything to "prove" that none of the agree with Kaepernick/his cause.

I'd like to think you feel some shame about it but I know better.

I wonder when the ther moral guide of the board will around to discuss your disdain for people you disagree with?

Edit: Because this really disturbs me that you will use Tillman in one post and disparage others in another.  Then accuse "the left' of picking and choosing their favorite soldiers.  Given how much you love your service and expect total respect for it I find it appalling that you would speak like that simply because you disagree politically.

It's a big wide world with lots of people.  Not everyone is like you (thank jebus).  You should show the same respect you demand from others.

Rock On

You must have written this down a couple days ago and really couldn't find a place to use, so you thought "Let me just put it here".

Not sure where I showed venom toward fellow Military Men. I agree with the points Boyer makes and they sound a lot like points I have made.

I don't have to "prove" anything. The vast majority feel not standing for the Anthem is disrespectful to the Flag and the Nation for which it stands; no matter how many people suggest they do not. Also the vast majority agree with their right to do so. Including me and Boyer.

Isn't it funny, that the very first time Fred tried to twist the fact that Boyer finds kneeling for the flag to be a sign of respect; I told him he was wrong, but let him roll with it?

Your attempts at shaming are feeble and make no sense. I have disrespected no fellow service man. I do and will disrespect Bergdahl but he deserted (so he's no fellow Military Man) and fellow Military Men were killed (aka sacrificed everything) to rescue him.

RE: Good Night Irene - GMDino - 09-07-2018

(09-07-2018, 09:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You must have written this down a couple days ago and really couldn't find a place to use, so you thought "Let me just put it here".

Not sure where I showed venom toward fellow Military Men. I agree with the points Boyer makes and they sound a lot like points I have made.

I don't have to "prove" anything. The vast majority feel not standing for the Anthem is disrespectful to the Flag and the Nation for which it stands; no matter how many people suggest they do not. Also the vast majority agree with their right to do so. Including me and Boyer.

Isn't it funny, that the very first time Fred tried to twist the fact that Boyer finds kneeling for the flag to be a sign of respect; I told him he was wrong, but let him roll with it?

Your attempts at shaming are feeble and make no sense. I have disrespected no fellow service man. I do and will disrespect Bergdahl but he deserted (so he's no fellow Military Man) and fellow Military Men were killed (aka sacrificed everything) to rescue him.

Garbage.

So honorable. Sarcasm

Take off.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nikes-online-sales-jumped-31-after-company-unveiled-kaepernick-campaign-2018-09-07?link=sfmw_tw

Quote:Nike’s online sales jumped 31% after company unveiled Kaepernick campaign, data show 219
 [/url]
Fears of a hit appear overblown as consumers, brand experts and analysts cheer an edgy and risky marketing move

[Image: MW-GP450_kapern_20180904132425_ZH.jpg?uu...162d7bc1f7]Photo by Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images for Sports Illustrated

Talk of Nike Inc. sales taking a hit from the company’s decision [url=https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nike-takes-politics-head-on-by-naming-colin-kaepernick-the-face-of-30th-anniversary-of-just-do-it-2018-09-04]to put ex–NFL player Colin Kaepernick at the center of its latest “Just Do It” campaign
 is looking overblown, based on data from a Silicon Valley digital commerce research company.

After an initial dip immediately after the news broke, Nike’s NKE, -0.12% online sales actually grew 31% from the Sunday of Labor Day weekend through Tuesday, as compared with a 17% gain recorded for the same period of 2017, according to San Francisco–based Edison Trends.

“There was speculation that the Nike/Kaepernick campaign would lead to a drop in sales, but our data over the last week does not support that theory,” said Hetal Pandya, co-founder of Edison Trends.

Nike’s stock has also held up after its initial slump. The stock was up 1% on Friday and remains in the black for the month. It has gained 29% in 2018, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, -0.31% , which since 2013 has counted Nike as a member, has gained 5%, as the S&P 500 index SPX, -0.22% has risen about 8%.

The news generated plenty of online buzz, with social engagement around Nike and Kaepernick rising sharply this week, according to 4C Insights, a marketing technology company. Mentions of and comments about Nike on social-media platforms rose 1,678% on Sunday and Monday, according to 4C data. Mentions of Kaepernick spiked 362,280%, the data showed.

The athlete has become the face of player protests against racial injustice and police brutality, since he started sitting and later kneeling during the national anthem, inspiring others to follow suit. The action has irked President Donald Trump, who weighed in on the Nike campaign in a series of tweets this week.

See also: Muhammad Ali, Rosa Parks ... Colin Kaepernick? Super Bowl champ says those raging against Nike will regret it

That didn’t deter Nike from airing its first TV ad of the campaign on Thursday. Narrated by Kaepernick, the ad includes appearances by other high-profile African-American athletes Odell Beckham Jr., LeBron James and Serena Williams. The ad urged people to follow their dreams and ignore naysayers.

“Calling a dream crazy is not an insult,” Kaepernick says in the Nike spot. “It’s a compliment.”

To be sure, Nike has taken some flak from customers who oppose the NFL player’s actions. Sentiment toward the brand dropped 38% on Sunday and Monday, according to 4C, but it’s not all bad news.

Read also:
 Nike’s Kaepernick ad to provide a long-term gain after some near-term pain, analyst says
Related: The obvious reason why burning Nikes is so ridiculous, explained by Trevor Noah

Nike’s most engaged audience persona is “Made it and Know it,” said 4C Chief Marketing Officer Aaron Goldman, one of 70 categories of consumers that 4C has identified by analyzing social-media engagement on a range of platforms. People in that bracket are generally successful in their careers and personal lives, are typically single with robust social lives, and like to spend money on entertainment and travel, as well as online streaming services.

“Racial equality is a top concern for this audience, along with causes like clean-water access and gun control,” Goldman said.

RE: Good Night Irene - Millhouse - 09-07-2018

Good for Nike. Maybe they can spread those profits to folks overseas earning a small fraction of what Americans would be earning to make their products.

(09-07-2018, 10:11 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Good for Nike. Maybe they can spread those profits to folks overseas earning a small fraction of what Americans would be earning to make their products.

Like already said:  Kaepernick has done more for getting conservatives to care about causes overseas than here.  But baby steps...

RE: Good Night Irene - GMDino - 09-10-2018

[Image: 41382176_2013690428674172_30655104963806...e=5C2BC993]

RE: Good Night Irene - bfine32 - 09-10-2018

(09-10-2018, 08:11 AM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 41382176_2013690428674172_30655104963806...e=5C2BC993]

How tacky. Nike shoes with Puma socks

RE: Good Night Irene - GMDino - 09-11-2018

https://nypost.com/2018/09/10/nike-stock-gains-back-all-losses-after-controversial-kaepernick-ad/

Quote:Nike stock gains back all losses after controversial Kaepernick ad

Nike is sprinting past its critics.

Shares of the athletic apparel and footwear maker on Monday gained back all of the $3.3 billion lost in the immediate wake of its controversial Colin Kaepernick ad.

Nike shares traded as high as $82.44 on Monday — topping their pre-Kaepernick ad levels. Shares of the Beaverton, Ore., company closed at $82.10, up 2.2 percent.

Nike’s “core customer wants them to take a stand on social issues,” NPD sports analyst Matt Powell said.

Edison Trends reported that Nike’s sales skyrocketed by 31 percent from Sept. 2 — the day it launched the ad — to Sept. 4. That compares with a 17 percent gain for the same period in 2017.

The stock’s recovery comes on the heels of a report on Monday that the mayor of a New Orleans suburb is banning the city’s parks and recreation department from purchasing Nike products because of Nike’s “political message” to sell shoes.

RE: Good Night Irene - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-11-2018

GMDino be like, WTF I love sweatshops now!

(09-11-2018, 10:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: GMDino be like, WTF I love sweatshops now!

Mellow

(09-07-2018, 10:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: Like already said: Kaepernick has done more for getting conservatives to care about causes overseas than here. But baby steps...

(09-11-2018, 10:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

You're a conservative?!?!

(09-11-2018, 11:09 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're a conservative?!?!

Nah, I always cared about others.  I didn't need to suddenly fake concern over a shoe ad.  Smirk

(09-11-2018, 11:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: Nah, I always cared about others.  I didn't need to suddenly fake concern over a shoe ad.  Smirk

Comeback attempt.

Survey says,

[Image: 51e6a7d2b303d6088c7ef989fdd435fa8754d6a8...f3a5cb.jpg]

RE: Good Night Irene - GMDino - 09-12-2018

https://sports.yahoo.com/colin-kaepernick-selling-imwithkap-jerseys-good-cause-223356916.html

Quote:It’s been an active couple of days for former [/url]San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. A week after becoming the face of Nike’s latest ad campaign, the 30-year-old decided to sell some jerseys for a good cause.

Kaepernick announced Monday that he’s selling “#ImWithKap” jerseys on his website.
View image on Twitter
[Image: DmwXvMOU0AE6pnb?format=jpg&name=small]

Quote:[Image: uAnM86ui_normal.jpg]

Colin Kaepernick

@Kaepernick7

Official #IMWITHKAP Jerseys available for PRE-SALE now! Limited Edition. 20% of all proceeds go to @yourrightscamp. Thank you for your continued support! Shop at http://kaepernick7.com . Link in bio.

3:18 PM - Sep 10, 2018

Twitter Ads info and privacy

That pre-sale didn’t last long. The jerseys sold out just hours after Kaepernick made the announcement.

Why was Colin Kaepernick selling ‘#ImWithKap’ jerseys?
Demand was high, and Kaepernick knew it. Kaepernick’s new Nike ad may have made some angry, but a fair amount of people said they were more willing to buy from the company after seeing his commercial. That’s exactly what happened, as the jerseys quickly sold out.

More importantly, Kaepernick is donating the proceeds from the jerseys to the the Know Your Rights Campaign. He initially posted that 20 percent would go to the Campaign in his tweet, but Kaepernick’s Instagram says all proceeds will benefit the foundation.

What is the Know Your Rights Campaign?
It is a “free campaign for youth founded by Colin Kaepernick to raise awareness on self-empowerment,” according to the Know Your Rights Campaign’s website.

Where can you purchase ‘#ImWithKap’ jerseys?
Jerseys were available on Kaepernick’s website. An adult jersey costs $174.99. A youth jersey is $99.99. If you were able to order one, it will be shipped Oct. 5.

What’s next for Colin Kaepernick?
Kaepernick will continue his fight against the NFL. The league’s attempt to dismiss the case was denied by a judge, meaning Kaepernick’s grievance can proceed.

Until then, he’ll continue raising and donating money to social justice campaigns and tweeting support for NFL players who continue to kneel.
[url=https://sports.yahoo.com/colin-kaepernick-praises-dolphins-players-knelt-sundays-game-194829321.html]

RE: Good Night Irene - fredtoast - 09-12-2018

(09-11-2018, 11:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: Nah, I always cared about others.  I didn't need to suddenly fake concern over a shoe ad.  Smirk

I can't believe conservatives are now trying to act like they dislike Nike because of sweatshops.

Sad.

RE: Good Night Irene - bfine32 - 09-12-2018

(09-12-2018, 10:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I can't believe conservatives are now trying to act like they dislike Nike because of sweatshops.

Sad.

Well to be fair, I always expressed my hypocrisy with them and the NFL whenever the conversation turns to bootleg Jerseys. So it's not really a new thing for this conservative.

So turn that frown upside down.

RE: Good Night Irene - GMDino - 09-12-2018

[Image: 41387977_2098435583740868_33130869497863...e=5C27A6B8]

RE: Good Night Irene - bfine32 - 10-11-2018

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/11/colin-kaepernick-speaks-but-his-words-are-blocked-from-video-stream/

Stand for anything, unless it means potentially sacrificing any aspect of your collusion case against the NFL.

Quote:After Kaepernick received the W.E.B Dubois Medal from Harvard’s Hutchins Center for African & American Research on Thursday afternoon, the live stream of the event was replaced with this message: “Due to the current litigation of W.E.B. Du Boss medalist Colin Kaepernick. No press photography or video livestream will be allowed of his remarks.”

RE: Good Night Irene - bfine32 - 10-22-2018

How feel we about this:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-panthers-reid-confronts-eagles-jenkins-over-protests-030334388--nfl.html

It appears Eric Reid is mad because Malcolm Jenkins made an agreement with the NFL to stop protesting if the NFL donated to causes he saw worthy?

Why would this make Reid mad; isn't one of the purposes of the protest to improve conditions for minorities?