Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Covid punishments.... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Covid punishments.... (/Thread-Covid-punishments)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Covid punishments.... - Mike M (the other one) - 07-28-2021

(07-28-2021, 01:24 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: For at least the third time, you really need to pay attention. I commented on herd immunity. I never mentioned a damn thing about eradication until after you brought it up.

Not sure where that came from but you were very clear about herd immunity. Might help if a person READS more than one sentence, if not, try to keep your point in the first sentence, then elaborate, maybe they will get it then.

(07-28-2021, 01:31 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Its not without evidence. Ive heard plenty of people I know personally who work in hospitals say things, and I've read articles, seen videos floating around the net, plus what I've seen with my own eyes. I dont know to what extent and my mind is always open to learn, but I'm pretty certain the numbers are off based on the evidence I have seen. I could be wrong. On on hand I hope I'm wrong because I hate the though of everyone being lied to. On another hand I hope I'm right and this virus isnt as bad as some make it seem and mutations start getting weaker and less problem. 

If you've seen it with your "own eyes" then you know exactly whom to report. Do it, If not, let me know, I'd like the extra income. :) I've reported before and gotten paid, it's a relatively painless process.

Since you work around it, ask the patients that have it, if they would have taken the vaccination before they got it?? I bet almost 100% will say yes, it's a very painful process. Feels like 200 lbs on your chest and trying to breath thru that really wears a lot of people out.

(07-28-2021, 01:58 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Honestly I've already read too many articles from all sides to do that and feel like I'll actually confirm anything. I've read pieces in Huffpo, NPR, Breitfart, Fox, the CDC, Healthline, Mayo Clinic, WHO, etc, etc lol. I dont fully believe most of it, but what I do believe is there is a lot of corruption in this country and the world, especially in big industries. I trust the people I know in person and what Ive seen with my own eyes more than anything I've read at this point. And Im not a covid denier, and still very leery of what will come about with the varieties, knowing it could get worse but hoping it will get better. 

Yes, there is alot of distrust of the main stream media out there. I don't think the media has much reason to lie about most of the COVID info, where the lies and misinfo comes from is mainly politics.

(07-28-2021, 01:59 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I don’t mean to be rude and if it comes across that way, I apologize.

But, would you say they didn’t pass away until after they contracted Covid? And despite everything else that was killing them, Covid was the tipping point their body couldn’t overcome combined with all of their other conditions?

IN my mom's case, yes, it was the tipper. She had COVID and pneumonia at the same time (which she got AFTER she was diagnosed with COVID).

RE: Covid punishments.... - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-28-2021

(07-28-2021, 03:41 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Ok I guess its a cop out. If I saw someone putting false information from covid deaths I would report them because its immoral not because of a cash reward. I'm glad that makes you laugh lol. There were people who did report that there was false information being put on patient charts though but from what I saw they were dubbed conspiracy theorist by most people on social media and the news. And then Dr Fauci or the CDC or both said that there was a thing called died with covid and died because of covid and that they were both being counted on the covid death totals despite that it may not have been covid that killed the person. So by their own admission, the numbers are skewed. Especially when you consider in all the false positive tests. There were people who were already dying from something else and they got counted towards covid because they tested positive. Some of those tests had a pretty high false positive rate, again by their own admission. 

You would think there would be just one disgruntled employee at one hospital willing to make one phone call to report all this fraud because there doesn’t seem to be one greedy person willing to make that one phone call among all those greedy people at the hospitals defrauding insurance companies and the government. And apparently insurance companies and the government aren’t interested in getting ripped off these days.

The NFL was testing over 5,000 people a week from August to June. How many false positives did they have?

RE: Covid punishments.... - Destro - 07-28-2021

More L's being dealt out in this thread than in a Bengals season.

(07-28-2021, 03:50 PM)bengaloo Wrote: But I'm talking about if the covid vaccine becomes a yearly thing like the flu shot, not the amount of doses it takes to be counted as one vaccine. Why does it even matter? If covid vaccines become a yearly thing, my opinion is that people will not really view it as a vaccine whether it is or not. It will be viewed as a yearly covid shot, and a lot like the flu shot. 

The other poster claimed a mRNA vaccine isn’t a vaccine. A vaccine is a vaccine if it is by definition a vaccine whether it is mRNA, live attenuated, recombinant, inactivated, etcetera and regardless of schedule (once, annually, every 10 years.)

You’re the one who brought up the point people typically think of the one shot that got as a kid as a vaccine, but how many of those childhood shots are only one shot? So you’re point is moot. You’ve complained about not having accurate information. Then you posted inaccurate information. Then I made your wish come true and gave you accurate information.

I work for a hospital group and we need to get annual flu shots to protect the patients and the majority know annual flu shots are still vaccines even if you call it a flu shot.

(07-28-2021, 04:21 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Not sure where that came from but you were very clear about herd immunity. Might help if a person READS more than one sentence, if not, try to keep your point in the first sentence, then elaborate, maybe they will get it then.

If you've seen it with your "own eyes" then you know exactly whom to report. Do it, If not, let me know, I'd like the extra income. :) I've reported before and gotten paid, it's a relatively painless process.

Since you work around it, ask the patients that have it, if they would have taken the vaccination before they got it?? I bet almost 100% will say yes, it's a very painful process. Feels like 200 lbs on your chest and trying to breath thru that really wears a lot of people out.

Yes, there is alot of distrust of the main stream media out there. I don't think the media has much reason to lie about most of the COVID info, where the lies and misinfo comes from is mainly politics.

IN my mom's case, yes, it was the tipper. She had COVID and pneumonia at the same time (which she got AFTER she was diagnosed with COVID).

Thank you for the constructive criticism. I will try to do better. And my condolences for your mother.

RE: Covid punishments.... - Whatever - 07-28-2021

(07-28-2021, 04:31 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The NFL was testing over 5,000 people a week from August to June. How many false positives did they have?

There were 77 false positives just off one batch of tests sent to one lab in August alone. False positives were an issue throughout the season, but guys were cleared by retests for games.  

It's strange that false positives get brought up by the same people who are talking about the high survivability rate when the false positives inflate the survivability rate.

RE: Covid punishments.... - bfine32 - 07-28-2021

(07-28-2021, 09:02 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: Let's just check back in a year or two and see who's right. 

Here's from the CDC today: CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said recent studies had shown that those vaccinated individuals who do become infected with Covid have just as much viral load as the unvaccinated, making it possible for them to spread the virus to others. Based on that finding, Walensky said the CDC is also recommending that all school children wear masks in the fall.

So looks like I'm right

Damn, that was a quick year 

RE: Covid punishments.... - Big_Ern - 07-28-2021

(07-28-2021, 01:24 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: For at least the third time, you really need to pay attention. I commented on herd immunity. I never mentioned a damn thing about eradication until after you brought it up.

And like I said in my original point, we'll never have herd immunity just like we don't on colds and flus. 

RE: Covid punishments.... - Big_Ern - 07-28-2021

(07-28-2021, 01:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Claiming the mRNA vaccines aren’t vaccines is completely false thus it is misinformation. Claiming the Covid vaccines don’t prevent the infections, but just reduce symptoms is also completely false and also misinformation. These are just two of the most blatant examples because they reveal just a complete lack of basic info.

Cool. So how did the 5 Dems on the 100% vaccinated flight get it?  And it's not designed to prevent the spread, it's designed to reduce symptoms. 

RE: Covid punishments.... - AussieBengal - 07-28-2021

(07-28-2021, 01:48 PM)bengaloo Wrote: You missed my point. They can call it a vaccine and it can even b technically considered one by science, but it will be viewed in large by regular people as the covid shot if it becomes a yearly thing. Plenty of people are already saying its going to become a yearly shot. Ive heard that on both left and right news, and even my own GP believes it will. The vaccines most people know about over the decades have been one shot deals. If this becomes more that, the public wont see it as a legit vaccine, but more as a flu shot. Or the covid shot. 

The flu shot is a vaccine

RE: Covid punishments.... - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-29-2021

(07-28-2021, 08:16 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: And like I said in my original point, we'll never have herd immunity just like we don't on colds and flus. 

I said we won’t get herd immunity with a 50-60% vaccination rate which is also why we can’t get herd immunity to the flu; people refusing vaccinations. Your point related to colds doesn’t apply for reasons I have explained in detail. Repeatedly.

(07-28-2021, 08:17 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Cool. So how did the 5 Dems on the 100% vaccinated flight get it?

An efficacy rate of 95% means 5% of the fully vaccinated people still get infected because the efficacy rate isn’t 100%. It means out of 100 fully vaccinated people, 95 won’t get infected while 5 people will. That seems self explanatory to me. Sorry I didn’t explain what effective means to you sooner.

Quote:And it's not designed to prevent the spread, it's designed to reduce symptoms. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/vaccine-benefits.html

“COVID 19-vaccines are effective. They can keep you from getting and spreading the virus that causes COVID-19.”

Which means the vaccine can prevent you from being infected with the virus that causes Covid-19. And if you don’t get it then you can’t spread something you don’t have. Which is the entire point of vaccines; to prevent infections.

The info is all there at the CDC. All you have to do is read.

(07-28-2021, 04:54 PM)Whatever Wrote: There were 77 false positives just off one batch of tests sent to one lab in August alone. False positives were an issue throughout the season, but guys were cleared by retests for games.  

It's strange that false positives get brought up by the same people who are talking about the high survivability rate when the false positives inflate the survivability rate.

Seventy-seven false positives out of more than 5,000 tests that week alone is a false positive rate of less than 2%. As far as lab tests go, that’s excellent. They identified the problem quickly and fixed it within the week. They had handfuls false positives throughout the season, but I’m unaware of numbers even approaching 70 again. So at worst their false positive rate was less than two percent. Which contradicts misleading claims of high false positive rates.

RE: Covid punishments.... - fredtoast - 07-29-2021

(07-28-2021, 01:58 PM)bengaloo Wrote:  I trust the people I know in person and what Ive seen with my own eyes more than anything I've read at this point.

That was my point exactly.

If I just believed what I saw with my own eyes and the people I know in person I would be arguing that there are really no murders in the United States.

Get it now?

RE: Covid punishments.... - rfaulk34 - 07-29-2021

(07-28-2021, 06:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Damn, that was a quick year 

I missed it. How did the Bengals do?

https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/articles/achieving-herd-immunity-with-covid19.html

That source explains herd immunity; what it is, how to achieve it, etcetera.  It also explains herd immunity to Covid 19 in America is possible if enough Americans get vaccinated. It also explains eradication is unlikely because herd immunity and eradication are different.

https://dearpandemic.org/why-herd-immunity-has-not-been-achieved-in-some-viruses/

This source explains why herd immunity isn't possible for colds and the flu and why making comparisons to Covid 19 aren't applicable because the situations are different.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8053397/#:~:text=Also%2C%20during%20the%20same%202018,around%203500%20deaths%20%5B3%5D.

This source indicates the vaccination rate for the flu in American during the 2018-2019 flu season was 49%.  As explained in the first source, a vaccination rate of less than 50% isn't high enough for a population to achieve herd immunity especially with a virus that mutates frequently.

Also, the efficacy rate of a vaccine is an average.  However, the breakthrough infections occur randomly within the population.  For example, if your population is 200 you could have 150 negative tests results in a row then 10 positives within the last 50 and that averages out to an efficacy rate of 95% even though there was a 0% positivity rate for the first 100 and 10% rate for the second 100 or a 20% rate for the last 50.  Because that is how averages work, Big Ern.

RE: Covid punishments.... - Big_Ern - 07-29-2021

(07-29-2021, 11:38 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/articles/achieving-herd-immunity-with-covid19.html

That source explains herd immunity; what it is, how to achieve it, etcetera.  It also explains herd immunity to Covid 19 in America is possible if enough Americans get vaccinated. It also explains eradication is unlikely because herd immunity and eradication are different.

https://dearpandemic.org/why-herd-immunity-has-not-been-achieved-in-some-viruses/

This source explains why herd immunity isn't possible for colds and the flu and why making comparisons to Covid 19 aren't applicable because the situations are different.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8053397/#:~:text=Also%2C%20during%20the%20same%202018,around%203500%20deaths%20%5B3%5D.

This source indicates the vaccination rate for the flu in American during the 2018-2019 flu season was 49%.  As explained in the first source, a vaccination rate of less than 50% isn't high enough for a population to achieve herd immunity especially with a virus that mutates frequently.

Also, the efficacy rate of a vaccine is an average.  However, the breakthrough infections occur randomly within the population.  For example, if your population is 200 you could have 150 negative tests results in a row then 10 positives within the last 50 and that averages out to an efficacy rate of 95% even though there was a 0% positivity rate for the first 100 and 10% rate for the second 100 or a 20% rate for the last 50.  Because that is how averages work, Big Ern.

No one is reading your book reports and the info is likely irrelevent, look how much the CDC and Fauchi flip flop.  Covid is here to stay like my original post stated.  25% of cases in LA are now vaccinated.  It will mutate down and be much like a common cold at some point in the future. 

RE: Covid punishments.... - BigPapaKain - 07-29-2021

(07-29-2021, 02:16 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: No one is reading your book reports and the info is likely irrelevent, look how much the CDC and Fauchi flip flop.  Covid is here to stay like my original post stated.  25% of cases in LA are now vaccinated.  It will mutate down and be much like a common cold at some point in the future. 

Thats a lot of words for to admit you won't read anything that is devastating to your (idiotic) points.

RE: Covid punishments.... - Big_Ern - 07-29-2021

(07-29-2021, 03:12 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Thats a lot of words for to admit you won't read anything that is devastating to your (idiotic) points.

So you think covid will vanish one day? That's idiotic

RE: Covid punishments.... - bfine32 - 07-29-2021

Well great!!

Because people want to exercise their rights I now must wear a mask to work.

Did your rights just restrict mine?

RE: Covid punishments.... - jwalker3853 - 07-29-2021

Out of curiosity, what is the record for the most responded to thread on this message board? I have to think this one is getting close.