Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Covid punishments....
DAYUM..... if a team cannot play a game due to players testing positive, the team is subject to fines..... AND:
1) Will forfeit the game, listing it as a loss on their season record.
2) Will be financially responsible for all monetary losses resulting from the game not being played.
3) Games will NOT be rescheduled.

Discussing it on NFL radio now....
Reply/Quote
And it sounds like they aren't going to jump through hoops, like they did last year, to reschedule those games either. No more multiple teams having to make moves to accommodate the COVID team

Oh, and if the game is forfeited...no gameday paycheck either

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Probably a response to them jumping through 100 hoops to accommodate the Ravens while basically telling the Broncos that they're shit out of luck and need to play without a QB.

Wasn't a good look.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Cole Beasley is gonna be on fire on Twitter tonight!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
From what I have read about this:

"This rule on forfeits applies only to cancellations due to an outbreak among non-vaccinated players and/or staff. In the same memo, the league explains that it, “if a club cannot play due to a Covid spike in vaccinated individuals, we will attempt to minimize the competitive and economic burden on both participating teams.” In other words, there won’t be a forfeit if a game is scrapped due to vaccinated players testing positive."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Be able to field a team or pay the price. Seems simple enough. While I'll always be F* the Steelers, they got bounced around a bunch trying to get that Ravens game played, and by no fault of their own.

Imagine the Bengals on a winning streak, about to play the Steelers, out of town, then Pitts has an outbreak and the time of the game gets pushed, then another day, then another so Ben and TJ Watt can recover. Then turn around the short week to play again. Yeah, I'd be pissed.
Reply/Quote
Take common sense precautions like getting vaccinated. If you don't, then you take on the responsibility. Its a good idea
Reply/Quote
Last year they had limited fans in the stadium.... Imagine telling 40 to 70 thousand fans with tickets that the game is rescheduled.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Good.

No more bullshit like last year where a team (ravens) gets rescheduled a hundred times while another team (broncos) has to play without a QB.

That was a total shit show.

This is a much simpler solution.
Reply/Quote
Note that the big thing that was communicated was an outbreak among unvaccinated players.
While vaccinated people can still catch and spread the virus, the likelihood of spreading to others and developing severe symtoms/death is dramatically lowered.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 04:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Note that the big thing that was communicated was an outbreak among unvaccinated players.
While vaccinated people can still catch and spread the virus, the likelihood of spreading to others and developing severe symtoms/death is dramatically lowered.

What ever happened to freedom of choice?
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 05:09 PM)Mer Wrote: What ever happened to freedom of choice?

It's way out of style. We live in a society where people love fear and force. Combining those two things, they will save us all. 
Reply/Quote

Every player still has the freedom to choose to be vaccinated or not.  What they are not free from are the consequences of that choice.  Welcome to the real world.

Reply/Quote

If this only affected the person's life and wasn't so easily spreadable (e.g. smoking), I'd agree. But this virus and the current dominant variant/strain right now (delta) make this highly contagious and can be very severe for certain individuals. As someone who works for a large collection of hospitals, I see the impact more than others have.

The NFL is trying to be safe, and in the case of safety over freedom of choice, safety probably should be the priority.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

As someone else pointed out, any player is free to choose to not get the vaccine. They aren’t being forced to do so. They will face the consequences, however. Whether that is them being cut or causing a regular season forfeiture, who knows.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 05:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: in the case of safety over freedom of choice, safety probably should be the priority.

Yikes! This sounds like something a villainous dictator would say while twirling his mustache.
Reply/Quote
Teams should just play with what they've got healthy and try to win. Ya never know what the outcome might be and fans will show up.

I really don't see why a games needs to be cancelled. So what if a few players have to play both ways.

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 05:17 PM)pally Wrote:  Every player still has the freedom to choose to be vaccinated or not.  What they are not free from are the consequences of that choice.  Welcome to the real world.

Ya, but those consequences should be the same regardless of if the outbreak stemmed from a vaccinated individual or non vaccinated individual. The way it’s written makes it sound like it won’t be, which is dumb IMO.

Consequences should be equal despite conditions like that. If two guys break the same rule in the workplace, one shouldnt get preferential treatment because he’s generally a good guy or a better worker. That’s essentially what it feels like here. Consequences should be the same….
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 05:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If this only affected the person's life and wasn't so easily spreadable (e.g. smoking), I'd agree. But this virus and the current dominant variant/strain right now (delta) make this highly contagious and can be very severe for certain individuals. As someone who works for a large collection of hospitals, I see the impact more than others have.

The NFL is trying to be safe, and in the case of safety over freedom of choice, safety probably should be the priority.

You're wasting your breath... Everyone is their own expert these days, and there's no use trying to reason with someone so dug in. It's best to let the experts whine about their rights and freedoms and whatever else they're babbling about... I personally stopped paying attention to them long ago.

I don't think the NFL cares about safety as much as they care about money, and they're not going to lose money over games bring cancelled because of a completely avoidable outbreak
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote