Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow Recruiting Collins - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow Recruiting Collins (/Thread-Burrow-Recruiting-Collins)

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - casear2727 - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 10:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's 0 need to keep trying. Folks can read through that thread and this one and see how "right" you were and how "wrong" the uninformed were. 

I never said it though, but you could simply ask me.... I probably would have done it, Im not ashamed. There is no one in that draft at 31 that can do what LC is capable.  Especially with Linderbaum, Zion and Green all likely gone.  

I'm not trying to piss off a war hero, so dont get all sideways with me........... 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - psychdoctor - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 10:28 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I have no problem with bfine, he has no issue sharing his opinion and then some...i'm very cool with that.  We apparently have a few things in common, being snarky with each other on a msg board about football will never be a dilemma, we've seen worse.

I don't really know him personally, but I think I know him. He's probably blizzed out on Jim beam or some Kentucky bourbon

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - bfine32 - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 10:33 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't really know him personally, but I think I know him. He's probably blizzed out on Jim beam or some Kentucky bourbon

If you really knew me; you'd know it was Natty Light and nothing else..

(03-18-2022, 10:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you really knew me; you'd know it was Natty Light and nothing else..

Well crap. I thought you lived in Kentucky and wears a bourbon guy. I don't even know what Natty light is

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - phil413 - 03-18-2022

What's more likely?

A. He leaves town and we hear about it.

B. He stays the night to sign a deal in the morning and we don't hear anything?

(03-18-2022, 09:42 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You and a couple others have all the concerns, this is the team that drafted Joe Mixon after breaking a girls face and as far as we know he has been a model citizen and great teammate.  Does Joe have some special clause?

Weed 2 years ago is not a concern to anyone in the league nowadays.  A few of you were simply wrong with level of concern and the value of LC.  

I recall you telling all of us exactly how this free agency would go down, and thankfully it hasn't.

Let's just hope LC remains motivated to stay in shape and perform at high level.

Cannabis a prey be legal in Ohio in the next two years

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Stewy - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 10:38 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Well crap. I thought you lived in Kentucky and wears a bourbon guy. I don't even know what Natty light is

thats because its swill

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 03-18-2022

So more about Collins and less about Bfine and casear.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - pally - 03-18-2022

from Hobson

It's going into Friday night By all accounts, he was a hit with everyone he met as the Bengals look to keep a third straight bountiful free agency going.

(03-18-2022, 10:43 PM)phil413 Wrote: What's more likely?

A. He leaves town and we hear about it.

B. He stays the night to sign a deal in the morning and we don't hear anything?

I'm leaning towards tomorrow signing a deal. I have no basis for this and a buzzed but somebody that spends this much time would have to experience some cognitive dissonance and for his own sanity sign a deal

(03-18-2022, 10:44 PM)Stewy Wrote: thats because its swill

You misspelled swell 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - bengaloo - 03-18-2022

Just sign the dude already. Hope to wake up to good news.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - fredtoast - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 09:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The fact that it's "no longer banned" doesn't mean he didn't knowingly break the rules. 

You mean like Rosa Parks riding in the front of the bus?

Yeah, that's right, La'el = Rosa Parks.  She is a little more popular, but he has made a lot more money.  So it all balances out.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - fredtoast - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 10:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You misspelled swell 

If we had taken him last year like I wanted to then we would not have as many problems with the O-line now.

(03-18-2022, 11:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You mean like Rosa Parks riding in the back of the bus?

Yeah, that's right, La'el = Rosa Parks.  She is a little more popular, but he has made a lot more money.  So it all balances out.

uuhhmmm....no. If Rosa rode in the back of the bus then she wasn't breaking the rules.

You most likely meant riding in the front of the bus, but  yeah; it's similar. La'el blazed up for social inequality.

This is a apropos as your Carlos Dunlap=MLK stance. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Murdock2420 - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 11:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If we had taken him last year like I wanted to then we would not have as many problems with the O-line now.

Oh crap.... 

[Image: fail-hurricane.gif]

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - bengalfan74 - 03-19-2022

For whatever it's worth

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-close-to-deal-offensive-tackle-lael-collins

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - jeremydc - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 08:10 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: For whatever it's worth

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-close-to-deal-offensive-tackle-lael-collins

Thats been floating around. Current rumor via Malik (whatever) is that they are waiting for the physical to come back all clear before signing

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Bengalpool - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 08:12 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Thats been floating around. Current rumor via Malik (whatever) is that they are waiting for the physical to come back all clear before signing

Yup. "One more hurdle". Once he clears his physical, it's all gravy. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Essex Johnson - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 08:10 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: For whatever it's worth

I dont have a problem with short term deal when you consider he has missed games every year and his character issues, besides we can draft a tackle this year as possible replacement in couple years if needed