Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
What would you like to happen? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: What would you like to happen? (/Thread-What-would-you-like-to-happen)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: What would you like to happen? - KillerGoose - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 07:47 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: If it is a no contest, I hope Burrow's TD pass isn't wiped. That's obviously not important at all, so whatever, but it's a minor preference of mine.

It would be. They wouldn’t keep stats from a voided game.

RE: What would you like to happen? - casear2727 - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 07:31 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Obviously above everything is the health of the player as everyone has said and that is the real tragedy here.

For the Bengals and us as fans it is unfortunate we didn't get the opportunity to win the AFC North and better our seeding and keep our chance for the #1 seed alive. I think a tie or a no contest is probably the only option as I don't think playing the game at a later date is viable. I think this result is unfair to the Bengals as it locks them into the 3rd seed. It's unfair to the Bills as they would need help to get the 1 seed and I also think it's unfair to the Ravens if we are awarded the North. Not really sure how this is fixed for all parties.

I would say to make it fair between us and the Bills I would say call it a tie. Locking us into the 3rd seed. Then if we both advance in the playoffs to face each other that game should be played at a neutral site. Does this seem like it would be a possibility? I thought with all the hype about last night's game the most important part of the game would've been the prospect of avoiding going to Buffalo for the playoffs as this could be a very tough road game.

How is a tie fair to the Bengals?  The were beating the Bills with a great chance of obtaining the #2 seed?

How is a tie fair to the Ravens?   They have no shot of winning the division if the Bengals are gifted a tie?

How is a tie fair to the Bills?  It gifts the #1 seed to the Chiefs?

Neutral site for a playoff game?   This negates an entire season's worth of work and eliminates any type of revenue for a city and its vendors, placing a hardship on both fanbases.

RE: What would you like to happen? - Destro - 01-03-2023

If I was an evil genius running the NFL, I would give the Bills some options and see what they want to do. If acceptable, run with it and hang it on the Bills. People would be less inclined to blast the Bills as it is their player.

Just heard some talking heads saying the NFL should cancel every game this week. That is lunacy.

RE: What would you like to happen? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 07:53 PM)casear2727 Wrote: How is a tie fair to the Bengals?  The were beating the Bills with a great chance of obtaining the #2 seed?

How is a tie fair to the Ravens?   They have no shot of winning the division if the Bengals are gifted a tie?

Neutral site for a playoff game?   This negates an entire season's worth of work and eliminates any type of revenue for a city and its vendors, placing a hardship on both fanbases.

Yes sir, a tie would hurt everyone.

(01-03-2023, 07:54 PM)Destro Wrote: If I was an evil genius running the NFL, I would give the Bills some options and see what they want to do. If acceptable, run with it and hang it on the Bills. People would be less inclined to blast the Bills as it is their player.

Just heard some talking heads saying the NFL should cancel every game this week. That is lunacy.

Now that is overreacting that is for sure...

Looney alright.

RE: What would you like to happen? - bengaloo - 01-03-2023

I would let the coaches and players from the Bengals and Bills decided if they really want to play the game, and whatever they decide would be taken to a committee made up of captains and coaches from all AFC playoff teams, and they would hammer out a solution that works for all of them. Probably a stupid idea, but that is all I got right now.

(01-03-2023, 07:56 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I would let the coaches and players from the Bengals and Bills decided if they really want to play the game, and whatever they decide would be taken to a committee made up of captains and coaches from all AFC playoff teams, and they would hammer out a solution that works for all of them. Probably a stupid idea, but that is all I got right now.

Not a bad idea Bengaloo. I think both teams want to play this game big time. Just had to be postponed after what happened.

RE: What would you like to happen? - Mickeypoo - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 07:54 PM)Destro Wrote: If I was an evil genius running the NFL, I would give the Bills some options and see what they want to do. If acceptable, run with it and hang it on the Bills. People would be less inclined to blast the Bills as it is their player.

I am totally not trying to be an ass, but my gosh!   Seriously people (the talking heads), pull yourselves the F together.

(01-03-2023, 07:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Now that is overreacting that is for sure...

Looney alright.

One said “I sure wouldn’t want to go out and play.” Yeah, sure if one of those sports anchors dies you’d be right back on air the next day getting screen time and a check. People go back to work. Same night, nope. Understandable. Week later is different. Bengals did after Henry died. Washington did after Sean Taylor was murdered. NFL didn’t blink.

RE: What would you like to happen? - bengaloo - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 07:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not a bad idea Bengaloo. I think both teams want to play this game big time. Just had to be postponed after what happened.

I think they do too, its just that initial shock has to wear off, and it will. It would really help the situation if Hamlin pulls through, and I know a lot of us are praying that he does. One thing is for certain, the Bengals and Bills will forever respect each other after all this, and the history from the past. 

(01-03-2023, 07:56 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I would let the coaches and players from the Bengals and Bills decided if they really want to play the game, and whatever they decide would be taken to a committee made up of captains and coaches from all AFC playoff teams, and they would hammer out a solution that works for all of them. Probably a stupid idea, but that is all I got right now.

I dont like this, it puts the Bengals in a no win situation.  What if we want to play?  Which we most likely want to do, but the Bills dont?  We look like asses. 

I hope they don't put any of the decision process on our team.  If the Bills do not want to play they should say so and although it sounds cruel - they should forfeit if their guys cannot go.  Terrible tragedy, but a forfeit only hurts the Bills, who were losing, every other option hurts multiple teams.

RE: What would you like to happen? - BengalYankee - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 07:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes sir, a tie would hurt everyone.

Nope, KC would be happy. 

(01-03-2023, 07:59 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I am totally not trying to be an ass, but my gosh!   Seriously people (the talking heads), pull yourselves the F together.

I really try not to watch ANY of these type of people. I am NFL Network only when I usually do. People are trash. Have just been trying to hear some good news as soon as there is some. These people know they have an audience.

RE: What would you like to happen? - NUGDUKWE - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 07:53 PM)casear2727 Wrote: How is a tie fair to the Bengals?  The were beating the Bills with a great chance of obtaining the #2 seed?

Well I mentioned it not being fair to the Ravens. I also said I don't know how you make it fair to everyone. The Ravens are heading in the wrong direction with the Lamar injury. Maybe that's not fair but it is what it is and this Sunday may be for the division depending what the NFL says. A neutral site I think would be fair between us and the Bills. We don't make them forfeit but we also don't get punished by having to play in Buffalo in January. I would say have the game resumed but would this be fair to the Bengals and Bills due to the time line? Also if the game was resumed would it be resumed or just replayed? Who knows how the next game would start. I'd say give the Bengals the win but I don't think the rest of the NFL world would like this outcome.

RE: What would you like to happen? - Nepa - 01-03-2023

You shouldn't play the last week of games with uncertainty regarding the meaning of the games and what the rules are. The NFL needs to make a decision one way or the other. And probably by tomorrow so that teams know as they prepare for the games. Not making a decision would be a complete lack of leadership.

(01-03-2023, 08:18 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Well I mentioned it not being fair to the Ravens. I also said I don't know how you make it fair to everyone. The Ravens are heading in the wrong direction with the Lamar injury. Maybe that's not fair but it is what it is and this Sunday may be for the division depending what the NFL says. A neutral site I think would be fair between us and the Bills. We don't make them forfeit but we also don't get punished by having to play in Buffalo in January. I would say have the game resumed but would this be fair to the Bengals and Bills due to the time line? Also if the game was resumed would it be resumed or just replayed? Who knows how the next game would start. I'd say give the Bengals the win but I don't think the rest of the NFL world would like this outcome.

I dont see any way to make it fair to everyone either.

The only solution that truly impacts only one team is giving the Bengals the win.  The Bills were losing, the Bills obviously could not continue.

This does impact the Ravens somewhat but at least it is more "earned" than just granting a tie which would also hurt the Bengals opportunity to gain the #1 or 2 seed.

(01-03-2023, 08:28 PM)Nepa Wrote: You shouldn't play the last week of games with uncertainty regarding the meaning of the games and what the rules are. The NFL needs to make a decision one way or the other. And probably by tomorrow so that teams know as they prepare for the games. Not making a decision would be a complete lack of leadership.

Well, the NFL could retort with .... teams should do their very best to win every game played.  Resting starters for the playoffs is no better than tanking the last game for draft position if we are discussing the integrity of the game and the fan experience.  (ok maybe not that bad, but...)

(01-03-2023, 08:28 PM)Nepa Wrote: You shouldn't play the last week of games with uncertainty regarding the meaning of the games and what the rules are. The NFL needs to make a decision one way or the other. And probably by tomorrow so that teams know as they prepare for the games. Not making a decision would be a complete lack of leadership.

Agree 1000%!!!!!   

This was a horrible tragedy and it still could have a happy ending, but holding out and keeping teams in the dark that need to know how to prepare for week 18 and being indecisive is just going to make it worse and look bad on the NFL.

RE: What would you like to happen? - NUGDUKWE - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 08:33 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Well, the NFL could retort with .... teams should do their very best to win every game played.  Resting starters for the playoffs is no better than tanking the last game for draft position if we are discussing the integrity of the game and the fan experience.  (ok maybe not that bad, but...)

The NFL probably does need to be the bad guy and select a winner and loser. Yeah we should probably be the winner but there is no way to know how this game ends. I just don't see an option that works for all involved. 

(01-03-2023, 08:40 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: The NFL probably does need to be the bad guy and select a winner and loser. Yeah we should probably be the winner but there is no way to know how this game ends. I just don't see an option that works for all involved. 

I see this as the most "painless" option for all teams.  I would say this if the roles were reversed.   Something needs to be finalized and quickly.  This isn't week 3.