Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Higgins signs new deal? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Higgins signs new deal? (/Thread-Higgins-signs-new-deal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - TheLeonardLeap - 04-15-2023

(04-14-2023, 02:36 PM)Nepa Wrote: This has turned out to be one of the most annoying threads of all time. First we think Higgins has signed a an extension deal (despite a history of difficulty dealing with his agent), then we think it was for a very team-friendly deal, and then ** crickets **.

If you thought Tee was going to sign an extension that already put him outside of the top-20 paid WRs by Week 1 of this year, $1m/yr less than Christian Kirk and $1.35m/yr less than Diontae Johnson, that's on you. Lol

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - PDub80 - 04-15-2023

Zim saying Higgins is about to be signed and then backpeddling with "I didn't say a timeline" is the equivalent of someone predicting the sun will come out again if you just wait long enough.

Like, no shit, Sherlock.

His trying to legitimize himself by name dropping people who he's spoken to on his show was cringy as well. "I don't need the likes/views"... Ummmm, yeah you do, bud. Stop insulting people's intelligence.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Nepa - 04-15-2023

(04-15-2023, 01:03 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If you thought Tee was going to sign an extension that already put him outside of the top-20 paid WRs by Week 1 of this year, $1m/yr less than Christian Kirk and $1.35m/yr less than Diontae Johnson, that's on you. Lol

While, I wasn't specific on numbers, just the concept of a team-friendly contract, I'll admit I can be pretty naïve in having faith in human beings to put others (fans, team, teammates) into the equation and not let the almighty dollar handicap the team. 

Tom Brady certainly did almost his entire career, until he went to Tampa Bay. Not only was he making salaries of $6 million/year, $10 million/year, etc., for most of his time with New England (with the eventual high I think of $30 million/year or so, at the end of his time there), but even after his Super Bowls, and MVPs, he took a three-year extension for just $27 million. He took that lower salary with the hope the team would have money to sign Wes Walker.  In other words, to make the team better.

I'm still hoping Tee will take a team-friendly deal. If not, if he's going to take top-five money, then I'm all for joining the trade Tee group. 

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - michaelsean - 04-15-2023

(04-15-2023, 10:53 AM)Nepa Wrote: While, I wasn't specific on numbers, just the concept of a team-friendly contract, I'll admit I can be pretty naïve in having faith in human beings to put others (fans, team, teammates) into the equation and not let the almighty dollar handicap the team. 

Tom Brady certainly did almost his entire career, until he went to Tampa Bay. Not only was he making salaries of $6 million/year, $10 million/year, etc., for most of his time with New England (with the eventual high I think of $30 million/year or so, at the end of his time there), but even after his Super Bowls, and MVPs, he took a three-year extension for just $27 million. He took that lower salary with the hope the team would have money to sign Wes Walker.  In other words, to make the team better.

I'm still hoping Tee will take a team-friendly deal. If not, if he's going to take top-five money, then I'm all for joining the trade Tee group. 

Tom Brady had a ton of money due to his wife. This is Tee’s second contract and where you make your most money. No reason for him to take less. I mean maybe a little if he wants to stay here and that gets it done, but nothing significant. He certainly doesn’t owe it to fans to make less money.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - TheLeonardLeap - 04-15-2023

(04-15-2023, 10:53 AM)Nepa Wrote: While, I wasn't specific on numbers, just the concept of a team-friendly contract, I'll admit I can be pretty naïve in having faith in human beings to put others (fans, team, teammates) into the equation and not let the almighty dollar handicap the team. 

He didn't. He took the most he could get his first three extensions. 

That 3yr/$27m was the first time he really took below his market value... and he was 36 years old, had made over $140m, and it was his fourth extension. It seems like it was his whole career because it was a 10 year stretch at the end of his career, which is a whole career for a lot of people, but he had 13 years and 3 extensions prior to that in his career.

Tee Higgins is 24, has made about 1/20th of that amount, isn't married to a woman worth $500m, and plays a position that will kick him out of the NFL well before 36. This could be his one and only big payday of his career.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - ochocincos - 04-15-2023

(04-15-2023, 12:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Tee Higgins is 24, has made about 1/20th of that amount, isn't married to a woman worth $500m, and plays a position that will kick him out of the NFL well before 36. This could be his one and only big payday of his career.

To be fair, neither is Tom Brady now Hehe

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Ell Prez - 04-15-2023

Make it stop. The tom brady analogies are getting so tired. Tom Brady was the best QB to ever play the position. He’s 1 in a 100 year player.

Players don’t take discounts to play for a billionaire owner. I certainly am not taking below my market value for my job. In fact, I want to make more. I want to provide for my family. It doesn’t matter if these players “make enough”, human nature is to worship the dollar. Like it or not.

Higgins will sing a deal that’s good for him. If the bengals can’t give him what he finds acceptable, he’ll go to FA and have a large amount of suitors looking for his talent. KC could come knocking on his door and he won’t take a discount to play for a proven multi SB winning team, and future HOF QB and coach.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - TheFan - 04-15-2023

(04-15-2023, 10:48 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Zim saying Higgins is about to be signed and then backpeddling with "I didn't say a timeline" is the equivalent of someone predicting the sun will come out again if you just wait long enough.

Like, no shit, Sherlock.

His trying to legitimize himself by name dropping people who he's spoken to on his show was cringy as well. "I don't need the likes/views"... Ummmm, yeah you do, bud. Stop insulting people's intelligence.

I don't have Twitter so idk what all was said but saying the deal is done and Higgins is about to sign are different things. Higgins has been on vacation since he made the tweet so most outlets assumed he hadn't actually signed and wouldn't until he was back. 

Now he may be back (I don't follow that sort of stuff) and still not signed which isn't good for the crowd thinking it's done. 

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Doin the Shuffle - 04-16-2023

I guess I'm holding out some shred of hope that this will turn into more of a Zim Whoyeah, than a Zim Whonyeah.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - SunsetBengal - 04-16-2023

So, are we all celebrating that new Tee Higgins deal, yet? Ninja

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - jason - 04-16-2023

(04-16-2023, 12:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, are we all celebrating that new Tee Higgins deal, yet? Ninja

Starting to think Tee Higgins hasn't signed an extension, and that a deal is not done.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - THE PISTONS - 04-17-2023

(04-15-2023, 11:30 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Tom Brady had a ton of money due to his wife. This is Tee’s second contract and where you make your most money. No reason for him to take less. I mean maybe a little if he wants to stay here and that gets it done, but nothing significant. He certainly doesn’t owe it to fans to make less money.

Young athletes in general don't sign less than market value contracts. The players union kind of pushes that too. They don't want salaries to deflate.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - rfaulk34 - 04-17-2023

(04-16-2023, 12:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, are we all celebrating that new Tee Higgins deal, yet?  Ninja

Hang in there. Only about 24 more hrs. 

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-17-2023

I'm not a Zim stan in the slightest, but I more-than respect his grind and work ethic towards the team: yes, he's BEYOND eccentric and those types of fans rub people the wrong way, but I wouldn't be surprised if the guy put in more hours into the team per week (talking about his podcast, film breakdown, etc.) than many on this entire board puts in during the season, not to mention the money spent.

And he makes 0 money from any of this: he does it for passion. Like Bengal Jim, like Cap, like Tony da Tiger, Dale, etc.

The fact that I saw Denny calling him out really rubbed me the wrong way, because unlike Zim, Denny DID make predictions and bullshit remarks like he was some sort of inside source; Zim has NEVER claimed he was a source on anything, just that he talks to much of the team still. People made their own inferences into that and ran with it.

Whether I believe this is done or not is irrelevant (FTR, I do think this has been completed), but instead of everyone and their mother being a miserable ogre on here, why shouldn't we all hope for this to be true?

Be hopeful FFS.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - rfaulk34 - 04-17-2023

(04-17-2023, 11:20 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm not a Zim stan in the slightest, but I more-than respect his grind and work ethic towards the team: yes, he's BEYOND eccentric and those types of fans rub people the wrong way, but I wouldn't be surprised if the guy put in more hours into the team per week (talking about his podcast, film breakdown, etc.) than this entire board puts in during the season, not to mention the money spent.

And he makes 0 money from any of this: he does it for passion. Like Bengal Jim, like Cap, like Tony da Tiger, Dale, etc.

The fact that I saw Denny calling him out really rubbed me the wrong way, because unlike Zim, Denny DID make predictions and bullshit remarks like he was some sort of inside source; Zim has NEVER claimed he was a source on anything, just that he talks to much of the team still. People made their own inferences into that and ran with it.

Whether I believe this is done or not is irrelevant (FTR, I do think this has been completed), but instead of everyone and their mother being a miserable ogre on here, why shouldn't we all hope for this to be true?

Be hopeful FFS.

Denny is a jackass, clout chaser. 

And he's really, really short.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - WeezyBengal - 04-17-2023

(04-17-2023, 11:20 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm not a Zim stan in the slightest, but I more-than respect his grind and work ethic towards the team: yes, he's BEYOND eccentric and those types of fans rub people the wrong way, but I wouldn't be surprised if the guy put in more hours into the team per week (talking about his podcast, film breakdown, etc.) than many on this entire board puts in during the season, not to mention the money spent.

Be hopeful FFS.

Denny is still a thing? People still follow that guy lol 

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - THE PISTONS - 04-17-2023

(04-17-2023, 11:20 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm not a Zim stan in the slightest, but I more-than respect his grind and work ethic towards the team: yes, he's BEYOND eccentric and those types of fans rub people the wrong way, but I wouldn't be surprised if the guy put in more hours into the team per week (talking about his podcast, film breakdown, etc.) than many on this entire board puts in during the season, not to mention the money spent.

Be hopeful FFS.

It's kind of interesting to me that there are like 5 to 10 fans like the Captain that get a ton of attention. Even from the team.

Not saying it's good or bad. But, when we were 4-12 every year...we didn't have this.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - SunsetBengal - 04-17-2023

(04-17-2023, 12:03 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Denny is still a thing? People still follow that guy lol 

Why not?  He's still a very knowledgeable fan with a valid point of view and opinion.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - George Cantstandya - 04-17-2023

I don't know, I'd think if Higgins and the Bengals have agreed on a deal he'd be eager to put the ink on the paper to secure his future. I certainly hope it doesn't happen but off season injuries can and do happen. If it were me and the contract details were all worked out between both parties I'd want to lock in that guaranteed money as soon as possible as a form of insurance.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-17-2023

(04-17-2023, 12:03 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Denny is still a thing? People still follow that guy lol 

I don't, but under one of Zim's tweets, he was all (paraphrasing), "you're claim to be an insider, but you were wrong! I'm sick of people who act like they know something when they really don't!"

It elicited a massive eye roll from me lol

(04-17-2023, 12:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's kind of interesting to me that there are like 5 to 10 fans like the Captain that get a ton of attention. Even from the team.

Not saying it's good or bad. But, when we were 4-12 every year...we didn't have this.

Actually, Cap was massively-prevalent in the 2-14 year: it's thanks to him and Bengal Jim (so was he, btw, in 2019) that my largely-inactive for almost a decade Twitter account (in which I mainly interacted with Bengals fans and Bengal-related thing in the first place, when I started the account), began to get used again and I've been steady on since November, 2019 and it has helped me get more news on the team and the league as a whole.

After Zac's first win against the Jets, the first person he high-fived before coming off the field was Cap.

(04-17-2023, 12:36 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't know, I'd think if Higgins and the Bengals have agreed on a deal he'd be eager to put the ink on the paper to secure his future. I certainly hope it doesn't happen but off season injuries can and do happen. If it were me and the contract details were all worked out between both parties I'd want to lock in that guaranteed money as soon as possible as a form of insurance.

Everyone who has had a pulse for this, "deal," or an inkling or anything (including the Bengals Twitter account as well), has stated that he's been on vacation for the past week, but is back today.

It must suck being in the public eye, when people know the details of your vacations...