Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{ Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } (/Thread-Postgame-Reactions-Thread-Week-1)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Nately120 - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 09:53 PM)Leon Wrote: i love how this thread is full of crticising but if i criticize its bad somehow

You're just taking it to 11, plus I wanted to use that gif.  This game was arse and Burrow was arsetastic, but the idea that we need to reboot at QB is extreme even for a week 1 overreaction.  I'll say you really made things interesting.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - QueenCity - 09-10-2023

Just a behind the woodshed ass kicking.... I really don't have anything to say.

Thinking of things to complain about would be more effort than the Bengals put in today.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Leon - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 10:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You're just taking it to 11, plus I wanted to use that gif.  This game was arse and Burrow was arsetastic, but the idea that we need to reboot at QB is extreme even for a week 1 overreaction.  I'll say you really made things interesting.

i actually posted that idea awhile back. not because of today. i just thought the contract is a really bad idea and we'll regret it 

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - BengalsFan - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 09:44 PM)Leon Wrote: ill be scocked if we win 8 games this year. i think folks are gonna regret burrows contract big. i hope im wrong but i doubt it

They have no choice but to pay him, it is either Burrow or finding a franchise quarterback for the next 20 years, I rather have Burrow for the next 20 years 

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - C0de_M0nkey - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 09:44 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Tee got no separation today.  Every time Burrow threw him the ball he had a guy right there with him.  The top WRs in the NFL dont have this happen to them.  They find a way to get open.  Look at Chase this game.  He was able to get open.  Despite what some of our fans keep trying to claim, Tee is not in the same category as the elite receivers in the NFL and the Bengals shouldnt offer him a contract as such.  He is good but not elite.

To be fair jump balls are Higgins’ forte. He didn’t have a chance since Burrow missed every single one. There were at least two deep pass Higgins would have caught if Burrow hadn’t overthrown them.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - THE PISTONS - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 09:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because you’re the only one advocating for moving on from Burrow and trading for the #1 pick.

LOL LOL LOL

Maybe Leon can explain to us how to handle the $275 million cap hit that trading Burrow comes with...

(09-10-2023, 10:10 PM)BengalsFan Wrote: They have no choice but to pay him, it is either Burrow or finding a franchise quarterback for the next 20 years, I rather have Burrow for the next 20 years 

thats why i wanted caleb williams. you have all that money to spend, lots of pick and a top qb who is cheap. to late now

(09-10-2023, 10:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Maybe Leon can explain to us how to handle the $275 million cap hit that trading Burrow comes with...

you cant now. thats the point. now your stuck. shouldnt have done the deal in the fisrt place

(09-10-2023, 10:12 PM)Leon Wrote: thats why i wanted caleb williams. you have all that money to spend, lots of pick and a top qb who is cheap

You realize this isn't Madden. Whoever gets #1 won't trade him for a QB they have to pay $55 million too. And Williams could be a bust.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - BengalsFan - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 10:12 PM)Leon Wrote: thats why i wanted caleb williams. you have all that money to spend, lots of pick and a top qb who is cheap

Caleb Williams is not guaranteed he will be good, if Caleb is a bust, you are going to be wishing that Burrow never got traded and if Caleb is good, Bengals are going to give him a $275 million contract or more so there is no difference

Think you should go be a fan of who ever Drafts Caleb Williams bro.... you will be much happier. 

(09-10-2023, 10:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You realize this isn't Madden. Whoever gets #1 won't trade him for a QB they have to pay $55 million too. And Williams could be a bust.

you cant trade him now. were stuck an haveto hope for the best

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Nicomo Cosca - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 10:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You realize this isn't Madden. Whoever gets #1 won't trade him for a QB they have to pay $55 million too. And Williams could be a bust.

Why are you entertaining him?? LOL

(09-10-2023, 10:15 PM)Leon Wrote: you can say they wouldnt but you have no idea. teams do wild things for qb all the time. thats a fact

Oh I think I have a good idea.

How many #1 picks were traded for QBs that make 50+ million over the last 20 years?

(09-10-2023, 10:15 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Think you should go be a fan of who ever Drafts Caleb Williams bro.... you will be much happier. 

ive probably been a bengals fan longer than youve been alive. almost 50 years. long enough to know folks shouldnt tell other folks there not fans or to go to another team cause they have an opinion some might not like.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - C0de_M0nkey - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 10:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You realize this isn't Madden. Whoever gets #1 won't trade him for a QB they have to pay $55 million too. And Williams could be a bust.

I disagree, every GM in the NFL will gladly trade the #1 pick for Joe Burrow. That’s highway robbery.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Joelist - 09-10-2023

This game was simple. Two people totally screwed up. Zac Taylor and Joe Burrow.

Burrow had time (contrary to what some think) but he was ridiculously inaccurate. At minimum he had two easy TDs he missed as well as a bunch of others. He was also clearly out of sync with the receivers as on more than one play Burrow thought the receiver was going to be somewhere and they were not.

Taylor is the other primary goat here. No preseason reps put everyone rusty and out of sync. The play calling was bad - absolutely nothing to get your receivers open or burn the pass rush, no formation or play tweaks or anything. It set the team up to fail.

(09-10-2023, 10:15 PM)BengalsFan Wrote: Caleb Williams is not guaranteed he will be good, if Caleb is a bust, you are going to be wishing that Burrow never got traded and if Caleb is good, Bengals are going to give him a $275 million contract or more so there is no difference

your right. not garanteed for any qb to be good. but at the same time how good will burrow be when tee boyd mixon are all gone. and then the defense starts losing pieces cause we cant afford them. no garantee he will look the same either when that happens

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Mickeypoo - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 09:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I went up against him in fantasy this week.  I had Burrow and Tee who managed a total of 3 points to Tyreek's 33.  Oof.

My son had Burrow and Tee also.  I don't do fantasy football but he was just all excited that he had a 1% chance to win and because of the Eagles and Cowboys D I believe he has like an 80% chance of winning.  lol.

(09-10-2023, 10:20 PM)Leon Wrote: ive probably been a bengals fan longer than youve been alive. almost 50 years. long enough to know folks shouldnt tell other folks there not fans or to go to another team cause they have an opinion some might not like.

Then lay off the sauce... your opinion deserves to be criticized. 

It's a horrible hot take and your either drinking heavily or saying bs to get a discussion going. Which congrats if so you did achieve that goal.