Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
New Uniforms leaked - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: New Uniforms leaked (/Thread-New-Uniforms-leaked)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: New Uniforms leaked - Earendil - 03-26-2021

(03-26-2021, 09:16 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: [Image: 75557842RS005_BUFFALO_BILLS_200709161144...jpg.cf.jpg]

I actually didn’t hate these. Better than the bumblebee shit unis anyway

That's just because your eyes are still burned from looking at the bumblebee uniforms.

RE: New Uniforms leaked - PDub80 - 03-27-2021

(03-24-2021, 06:21 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Pretty sure uniform changes have to be approved something like one or two years ahead of implementation, so it isn’t out of the realm of possibility that a Green jersey was made before it was known he wouldn’t be back. That could also explain why it was being sold on EBAY in the Philippines.

I think they have to tell the league in x amount of time, but not necessarily have the design, etc. done that far out.

We shall see! Either way, I will be thrilled. I hate the current ones so much, that if the new one is killer, I'll love it. If it sucks, I'll love making fun of it. Win win.

RE: New Uniforms leaked - Older Than You Too - 03-29-2021

(03-25-2021, 09:07 AM)Tomkat Wrote: You're being too literal.  The Bengals mascot is a tiger.  Here's a tiger...

[Image: 1200px-Bengal_tiger_%28Panthera_tigris_t...3_crop.jpg]

[Image: up5zPx3.jpg]

YOU see "black on orange."  But, guess what, since it's ALL fur, it can also be ORANGE on BLACK.
From a design/logo standpoint, there is no reason to box yourself in with strictly "black on orange."

To further illustrate the point...
[Image: Ecvaz4gUwAAZMtg.jpg]

You're the one being "too literal" with this post. You made a shitty design slightly less shitty, but it was still ridiculous in terms of uniform aesthetics. Inverted colors that don't match up with the helmet is an eye sore.

Your counter was linking two fugly ass modern uniform designs that even Rams and Seahawks fans are skeptical of. Any fan of taste I've ever heard from prefer the Dickerson Rams and Largent Seahawks uniforms. Or the Deacon Jones White on Blue Rams unis from the 60's.

But the main point was on taste and precedent. When Paul came to Cincy he wanted Black on Orange to contemptuously mock the Browns Black on Orange. In the Enquirer they held a poll as to what our new team name and mascot should be, it was overwhelmingly Buckeyes. Paul preferred the runner up of "Bengals" our non-NFL affiliated team from the 30's early 40's. All concept designs were Black on Orange, like an actual tiger's stripes.

Black on Orange, then Orange on Black would look as absurd as the modern neon Seahawk color scheme.

Just embrace the 80's, my dude. Then go from there. **** those E-Bay whateverthefuck leaks.

In other words, use your artistic talent to make an 80's inspired concept uniform. It will look a thousand times better than anything based off of these "leaks."

RE: New Uniforms leaked - Earendil - 03-29-2021

I'm pretty sure you are the only one who cares and your posts are needlessly antagonistic.

RE: New Uniforms leaked - Wes Mantooth - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 03:29 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: You're the one being "too literal" with this post. You made a shitty design slightly less shitty, but it was still ridiculous in terms of uniform aesthetics. Inverted colors that don't match up with the helmet is an eye sore.

Your counter was linking two fugly ass modern uniform designs that even Rams and Seahawks fans are skeptical of. Any fan of taste I've ever heard from prefer the Dickerson Rams and Largent Seahawks uniforms. Or the Deacon Jones White on Blue Rams unis from the 60's.

But the main point was on taste and precedent. When Paul came to Cincy he wanted Black on Orange to contemptuously mock the Browns Black on Orange. In the Enquirer they held a poll as to what our new team name and mascot should be, it was overwhelmingly Buckeyes. Paul preferred the runner up of "Bengals" our non-NFL affiliated team from the 30's early 40's. All concept designs were Black on Orange, like an actual tiger's stripes.

Black on Orange, then Orange on Black would look as absurd as the modern neon Seahawk color scheme.

Just embrace the 80's, my dude. Then go from there. **** those E-Bay whateverthefuck leaks.

In other words, use your artistic talent to make an 80's inspired concept uniform. It will look a thousand times better than anything based off of these "leaks."

I like the uniforms be worked up.  I think it's pretty clear others did too.  And even more importantly, I liked that he took the time to do it and shared it on here.

Really don't know why you have to such a jerk about this. 

RE: New Uniforms leaked - fredtoast - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 10:03 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Really don't know why you have to such a jerk about this. 

Wes Mantooth calling a person a "jerk" for taking a strong negative position????

Shocked

RE: New Uniforms leaked - sandwedge - 03-29-2021

For a guy that said he wasn't trying to be a dick, he failed....

RE: New Uniforms leaked - Older Than You Too - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 10:22 AM)sandwedge Wrote: For a guy that said he wasn't trying to be a dick, he failed....

If I'm a dick, at least I have good taste.

RE: New Uniforms leaked - jason - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 07:02 PM)Older Than You Too Wrote: If I'm a dick, at least I have good taste.

That's what she said...

RE: New Uniforms leaked - Tomkat - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 07:02 PM)Older Than You Too Wrote: If I'm a dick, at least I have good taste.

Taste is subjective.  Therefore, you don't get to make that claim as fact.

RE: New Uniforms leaked - Bengalitis - 03-29-2021

Any updates on the uniforms?

RE: New Uniforms leaked - Older Than You Too - 03-30-2021

(03-29-2021, 07:15 PM)jason Wrote: That's what she said...
LOL, someone got my joke. 
(03-29-2021, 08:18 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Taste is subjective.  Therefore, you don't get to make that claim as fact.

Actually, I'd like to go back to your Rams/Seahawks post once again. The Seahawks logo and color scheme is not based on a living animal. It is an artistic representation of the totem poles and carved figurines of the Northwestern Indians and their penchant for blue and green color schemes on their artifacts. 

As for the (originally Cleveland) Rams, they were named after the collegiate Fordham Rams who's original colors were dark red and black, the same colors that were adopted for the professional NFL team in their inaugural year. After a season they changed to royal blue and gold. The Rams were actually the first team to have a logo on their (leather) helmets. In the 40's, I forget his name, a player painted gold horns on his helmet, hence the fad. He was the only player in the entire league to have anything on his helmet. Thus, the Rams are the first team to have a logo on their helmets. 

As to why the Rams don't have a color realistic design, it is obvious - brown on tan, or tan on brown is ludicrous. It is not dynamic like the tiger's stripes.

RE: New Uniforms leaked - Big Boss - 03-30-2021

(03-29-2021, 10:29 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Any updates on the uniforms?

My guess is they're revealed within the next two weeks.

RE: New Uniforms leaked - BengalRed - 03-30-2021

(03-29-2021, 10:29 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Any updates on the uniforms?

I’m guessing not this week since it’s opening week for the Reds and they don’t want to steal their thunder.

RE: New Uniforms leaked - jason - 03-30-2021

(03-30-2021, 11:14 AM)BengalRed Wrote: I’m guessing not this week since it’s opening week for the Reds and they don’t want to steal their thunder.

I think they'll release them around the draft. The week of, or day of... Something like that.

RE: New Uniforms leaked - BrownAssClown - 03-31-2021

Just remember tomorrow is April Fools Day. Keep your guard up for "This is the official 2021 uniform change" post! Don't fall for the Purple with Pink stripes uniform stuff.   Wink

RE: New Uniforms leaked - Wes Mantooth - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 05:13 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Just remember tomorrow is April Fools Day. Keep your guard up for "This is the official 2021 uniform change" post! Don't fall for the Purple with Pink stripes uniform stuff.   Wink

Twitter gonna be releasing uniforms like the one on David Allen Grier here...

[Image: in-living-color-season-3-200505260207395...=700%2C525]

RE: New Uniforms leaked - Tomkat - 04-03-2021

So, there were a few people showing interest in actually purchasing the "mock-up" versions posted in this thread.
Well, I have searched, but I cannot find a website that allows 100% total custom jersey design. If anybody knows of any, please post a link.

Hell, I would like to buy one, myself.

PLEASE NOTE, In the event that a website is found... the jerseys would NOT have the word "Bengals","NFL" (logo) or the Paul Brown signature anywhere on them, to avoid license and trademark infringement.

RE: New Uniforms leaked - Tomkat - 04-11-2021

OK.. THIS worries me... the background "stripes" in this promo image look EXACTLY like the ones on the crappy jerseys at the start of this thread...

[Image: safe_image.php?d=AQGzPPJNTR6rLX9y&w=500&...uoPcZEZrI1]

RE: New Uniforms leaked - Big Boss - 04-11-2021

I like 'em.