Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow Recruiting Collins - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow Recruiting Collins (/Thread-Burrow-Recruiting-Collins)

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - casear2727 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 08:36 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I dont have a problem with short term deal when you consider he has missed games every year and his character issues, besides we can draft a tackle this year as possible replacement in couple years if needed

Like a 1/2 year contract?  Maybe a prove-it deal?

No reason to lock down a solid top RT for a few years when we can just draft one, since we have done such a great job at drafting oline the last decade.  Some takes on this situation have been comical (or embarrassing if other fans would have read them).

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - fredtoast - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 08:59 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Like a 1/2 year contract?  Maybe a prove-it deal?

No reason to lock down a solid top RT for a few years when we can just draft one, since we have done such a great job at drafting oline the last decade.  Some takes on this situation have been comical (or embarrassing if other fans would have read them).

Damn, you got to be looking hard for something to squeal about if you are going to complain about getting Collins on a short term deal.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Bengalbug - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 09:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Damn, you got to be looking hard for something to squeal about if you are going to complain about getting Collins on a short term deal.

With a player like collins, why wouldn’t you just lock him up for 3-4 years and not have to worry about OL, other than a singular camp battle?

If we sign him for 1 year, this is how it plays out next year.
Plays well, signs somewhere else for more money than the bengals care to pay
Plays sub par, bengals let him walk.

Either he is a fit or he isn’t.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - THE PISTONS - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 08:12 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Thats been floating around. Current rumor via Malik (whatever) is that they are waiting for the physical to come back all clear before signing

I hope he passes. There were rumblings online about his hip.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - WeezyBengal - 03-19-2022

Any update from operation Ruby's? Was Collins successfully wined, dined, and 69ed? Wait...what?

(03-19-2022, 09:25 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: With a player like collins, why wouldn’t you just lock him up for 3-4 years and not have to worry about OL, other than a singular camp battle?

If we sign him for 1 year, this is how it plays out next year.
Plays well, signs somewhere else for more money than the bengals care to pay
Plays sub par, bengals let him walk.

Either he is a fit or he isn’t.

Lots of Super Bowl Champions have had guys on one year deals. There are lots of reasons they get done. Sometimes it is the player instead of the team.

(03-19-2022, 09:32 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Any update from operation Ruby's? Was Collins successfully wined, dined, and 69ed? Wait...what?

Asking, hang tight, I’ll post an update when I can. He works late nights.

(03-19-2022, 09:33 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Lots of Super Bowl Champions have had guys on one year deals. There are lots of reasons they get done. Sometimes it is the player instead of the team.

Bur don't let a few facts like that get in the way of you getting your whine on.

I’m Not whining? ? your personal attack game is quick today Fred.

Collins isn’t the type of guy try a one year deal With. He isn’t old, he is a fairly consistent tackle, and he has years ahead of him.

Sorry I have an opinion.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - leonardfan40 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 09:33 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Lots of Super Bowl Champions have had guys on one year deals. There are lots of reasons they get done. Sometimes it is the player instead of the team.

Bur don't let a few facts like that get in the way of you getting your whine on.

Exactly, Collins may want to take a short term deal. Kick ass for a year and then try the market again. There is no arguing that teams haven’t been cautious about signing/trading for him for whatever reasons. As a player only his value should be higher. If he signs short term it’s likely because HE wanted to.

I’d love to see the bengals sign him at a reasonable price for 3-4 years but make the last two years basically team options with little/no dead cap. I’d bet the bengals would like that too. Doesn’t mean it’ll happen, takes two to tango.

(03-19-2022, 09:36 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I’m Not whining? ? your personal attack game is quick today Fred.

Sorry Bug. I mistakenly hought I was responding to Ceaser. 

I'll edit that post.

(03-19-2022, 09:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Damn, you got to be looking hard for something to squeal about if you are going to complain about getting Collins on a short term deal.

Because it is f-ing stupid.  Especially a 1/2 year contract or whatever that was?  Or a prove-deal for a top tackle?

We have had atrocious blocking for years and at risk of ruining a franchise QB and we have people here wanting the best blocker since Whit to be on a single (or 1/2?) year prove it contract?

Sorry but it's dumb and I hate to come across as disrespectful, but yes my opinion is that it is one of the dumber takes as to a player acquisition.

(03-19-2022, 09:27 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I hope he passes. There were rumblings online about his hip.

He has played an entire season since having his hip surgery. It may impact him in some ways but shouldnt impact his physical.

If a player wants a one year deal that is totally different and kinda moving the goal posts a bit....

(03-19-2022, 09:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry Bug. I mistakenly hought I was responding to Ceaser. 

I'll edit that post.

LOL, meant that for me?  OK, well GFY and your whining comment... and make no mistake, that was absolutely meant for you.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Dr.Z - 03-19-2022

If the contract makes sense, I’d certainly prefer to lock him in for a longer contract, but I hope he gets signed one way or another - even if it’s a one-year deal. The timing with a player of his caliber becoming available while being our biggest need seems like a fantastic opportunity.

Joe dressed up in sweats and a looney toons sweatshirt at Ruby's....

[Image: FOK-a_LXIAgsd88?format=jpg&name=900x900]

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - WeezyBengal - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 10:24 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Joe dressed up in sweats and a looney toons sweatshirt at Ruby's....

[Image: FOK-a_LXIAgsd88?format=jpg&name=900x900]

Damn I love this man so much. Never change Joe, never change. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Nicomo Cosca - 03-19-2022

Collins is not signing a short term deal, and nor should he. He’s one of the top RT’s in the league. He doesn’t have to “prove” anything. I’m sure he wants to get paid now. And losing out on him arguing over term would be beyond stupid. There’s no reason to overthink this.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 10:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Collins is not signing a short term deal, and nor should he. He’s one of the top RT’s in the league. He doesn’t have to “prove” anything. I’m sure he wants to get paid now. And losing out on him arguing over term would be beyond stupid. There’s no reason to overthink this.

Thank goodness, the voice of reason.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Fan_in_Kettering - 03-19-2022

It’s 10 AM. The night of wining and dining is over and Frisch’s breakfast bar has been picked over for at least 30 minutes. Where’s La’el Collins’ name on a contract?