Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. (/Thread-This-is-the-Worst-Free-Agency-I-ve-Ever-Seen-since-Burrow-was-Drafted)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - OSUfan - 03-16-2023

And meanwhile as the Bengals boards are griping about free agency the Bengals are finalizing a deal with the best OT in free agency who is a huge upgrade over anything they have to protect their franchise QB.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Gdale_Bengal - 03-16-2023

Well this aged poorly

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - TheCincinnatiKid - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 06:14 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Well this aged poorly

Almost like we should wait longer than the 1st day of Free Agency to judge Free Agency.

Though flipside, should also wait until we're on the field to see how this all pans out.

I'd personally say letting Bates go to pay Brown instead is on paper, a very savvy move. 

If we'd have kept Bell, people down on this FA would be saying it'd be perfect so far. To be fair, that is still a big area of concern to be addressed but FA isn't done yet.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Sled21 - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 05:37 AM)OSUfan Wrote: And meanwhile as the Bengals boards are griping about free agency the Bengals are finalizing a deal with the best OT in free agency who is a huge upgrade over anything they have to protect their franchise QB.

Yeah, the same dips who constantly scream we need to upgrade the O LINE . If they weren't so sad, it would be comical.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Bengalbug - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 06:49 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Almost like we should wait longer than the 1st day of Free Agency to judge Free Agency.

Though flipside, should also wait until we're on the field to see how this all pans out.

I'd personally say letting Bates go to pay Brown instead is on paper, a very savvy move. 

If we'd have kept Bell, people down on this FA would be saying it'd be perfect so far. To be fair, that is still a big area of concern to be addressed but FA isn't done yet.

LT may be the second most important position after QB.

Looking at franchise tag numbers (average of top paid players) safety comes in at number 3… meaning more easily replaced. It’s actually no surprise that the three positions we want to fill are three of the lesser valued positions -RB (2), S and TE.

Quarterback: $32.42 million
Running back: $10.09 million
Tight end: $11.35 million
Wide receiver: $19.74 million
Offensive line: $18.24 million
Defensive tackle: $18.94 million
Defensive end: $19.73 million
Linebacker: $20.93 million
Cornerback: $18.14 million
Safety: $14.46 million

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Anarumo_Savant - 03-16-2023

Aged like milk

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - reuben.ahmed - 03-16-2023

Aged like fine wine

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Housh - 03-16-2023

Lol at the fans of other teams

Now that we got Brown he’s trash and Mahommes made him look good

Man when you start making playoffs consistently other fans start HATING YOU

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 02:11 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: I'm just a cynic that looks at things with more skepticism than optimism.

Why does the rest of the league insist on this guy being an RT instead of a left one? I'm willing to chalk up toe Chicago bears being dumbassess for insisiting on it, but not Baltimore or KC...

FWIW, people said he was gonna be ass after the combine, Bengals included.

And some people are able to reassess their opinion based upon additional information since 2019.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Sled21 - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 02:11 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: I'm just a cynic that looks at things with more skepticism than optimism.

Why does the rest of the league insist on this guy being an RT instead of a left one? I'm willing to chalk up toe Chicago bears being dumbassess for insisiting on it, but not Baltimore or KC...

FWIW, people said he was gonna be ass after the combine, Bengals included.

Maybe because they have left tackles already and need a right tackle, and because right tackles are cheaper?????

(03-16-2023, 08:23 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Aged like fine wine

With a poor cork that turns to vinegar.....

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Go Cards - 03-16-2023

The microwave society we find ourselves living in is fantastic comic relief

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - OSUfan - 03-17-2023

(03-14-2023, 11:48 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Seriously.

How do we lose TWO starting safeties in day one, especially knowing that we're out of the market for one of them?

"We want to go younger" is just a euphemism for "we want to be cheap skates". Vonn Bell and Bates is what got us to the SB two years ago, LITERALLY. Look at that overtime interception.

If the Bengals decide to pay for one of the remaining good ones, it's STILL a downgrade. But I get a feeling that they're just fine with Tycen Anderson, which will be a disaster against the Bills and the Cheifs.

The Bengals can't afford to have its episodes of buttcheek offense anymore. The Defense won't be top 10 next season.

This feels a like more like a decline. The Bills and Cheifs addressed core issues day one. Bengals objectively are worse off.

Where did you go?

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Gdale_Bengal - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 09:29 AM)OSUfan Wrote: Where did you go?

Went into his hole until he can find a reason to complain again

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Gdale_Bengal - 03-17-2023

(03-16-2023, 09:14 AM)Housh Wrote: Lol at the fans of other teams

Now that we got Brown he’s trash and Mahommes made him look good

Man when you start making playoffs consistently other fans start HATING YOU

It’s everywhere too. Like they are all saying the same thing, then saying Jawaan Taylor is just like Brown when he simply isn’t. It’s really comical

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - RunKijanaRun - 03-17-2023

Gesicki to NE. Looking less and less likely we'll sign a TE.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - OSUfan - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 10:00 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Gesicki to NE. Looking less and less likely we'll sign a TE.

Gesicki did not fit what the Bengals do with their TEs. Cincinnati TEs have to be able to block and this is absolutely the weakness for Gesicki as he really is just a tall wide receiver. However, a very good fit Foster Moreau is still available.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - grampahol - 03-17-2023

Relax everyone.. We're all gonna die soon in the grand scheme of the universe, but not right now.. Give it a few years and then start writing your wills. 

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - NotBigzo - 03-17-2023

(03-16-2023, 09:54 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Maybe because they have left tackles already and need a right tackle, and because right tackles are cheaper?????

KC didn't have a LT, nor did Chicago.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - NotBigzo - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 09:29 AM)OSUfan Wrote: Where did you go?

You Raaaang?