Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Reds July 2023 thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Cincinnati Reds (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Reds)
+--- Thread: Reds July 2023 thread (/Thread-Reds-July-2023-thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Reds July 2023 thread - bengalfan74 - 07-19-2023

(07-19-2023, 05:01 PM)grampahol Wrote: Without pitching this team isn't sustainable for the season. Nobody can count on 12 runs every game. Perhaps next season or later this season pitching will be there, but for now..iffy at best. 

They'll never survive with a regular starter having a 7.22 ERA

RE: Reds July 2023 thread - masonbengals fan - 07-19-2023

Need a win badly.

RE: Reds July 2023 thread - guyofthetiger - 07-19-2023

Looking for a bounce back win tonight and tomorrow. Looks like the slump is over. Just need some good pitching.

RE: Reds July 2023 thread - Nicomo Cosca - 07-19-2023

What a move on that slide by Friedl.

EDLC crushing the ball tonight but right to someone every time. So frustrating.

RE: Reds July 2023 thread - cinci4life - 07-19-2023

FINALLY A WIN!!!!!!

Diaz gets them back in the win column!

RE: Reds July 2023 thread - kevin - 07-19-2023

First Win after All-Star Game....and a chance to get a split tomorrow afternoon in this 4 game series with Giants. Coming back and winning the last 2 games would a good thing. Don't lose another series, at least tie this one.

RE: Reds July 2023 thread - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 07-19-2023

Lucked out. Four hits, all in the 3rd inning.

Friedl's hustle double was their last baserunner of the game. Most of that was against a guy that hadn't gone more than 5 innings all year.

1-0 when India doesn't play.

RE: Reds July 2023 thread - guyofthetiger - 07-20-2023

Going to the game today. I hope the Reds win as it seems they lose each time I attend. CES already hit his first home run so no chance of getting the ball. I heard the guy who got it gave it to CES for nothing in return. However, CES is signing a ball for him. Could be a pitcher's duel as both pitchers are considered aces. Go Reds!

RE: Reds July 2023 thread - kevin - 07-20-2023

Reds ahead 5 to 0 in 7th.....Looks like Reds will indeed get a tie in 4 game series with Giants, 2 games to 2. Much better than losing the series. Great pitching today into the 8th as Lou Costello yells out, "Hey Abbott, who's on 2nd ? ". No what's on 2nd, who's on 1st ? I don't know. 3rd base. " Hey Abbott ".

RE: Reds July 2023 thread - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 07-20-2023

(07-20-2023, 04:05 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Going to the game today. I hope the Reds win as it seems they lose each time I attend. CES already hit his first home run so no chance of getting the ball. I heard the guy who got it gave it to CES for nothing in return. However, CES is signing a ball for him. Could be a pitcher's duel as both pitchers are considered aces. Go Reds!

Awesome, man. Glad that you got to see a strong Reds win!

Benson has been awesome at the plate . . . amazing actually, BUT his defense still needs some work. If not for his penchant for bad angles on fly balls, Andrew Abbott probably comes out in the ninth inning chasing a no hitter. Reds wind up facing only three above the minimum.

A tip of the cap to Wilmer Flores. That dude had one hell of series. Glad to see him leave town.

RE: Reds July 2023 thread - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 07-20-2023

Soooooo . . . as long as there are no rainouts in the next 6 days, when the Reds are in Milwaukee, it will be
Ashcraft vs Rea
Abbott vs Burnes - Burnes today vs Philadelphia 8 shutout IP 2 H 1 BB 10 K
Lively vs Peralta

Reds next nine games
vs Arizona
@ Milwaukee
@ Los Angeles - not due to face Kershaw - currently slated to face Miller 4.25 ERA, Sheehan 4.91 and Grove 6.40

The Brewers next nine games
vs Atlanta x 3
vs Cincinnati x 3
@ Atlanta x 3

RE: Reds July 2023 thread - guyofthetiger - 07-20-2023

What a game today. It was so exciting in person. Abbott pitched a gem. The Reds just kept on hitting. On the bus down to the game, we played a game to guess the final score. I picked Reds 5 Giants 2. I was close. Going to another game in August. Big crowd today.

RE: Reds July 2023 thread - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 07-21-2023

(07-20-2023, 10:45 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: What a game today. It was so exciting in person. Abbott pitched a gem. The Reds just kept on hitting. On the bus down to the game, we played a game to guess the final score. I picked Reds 5 Giants 2. I was close. Going to another game in August. Big crowd today.

Sam LeCure mentioned in the post game that it had been quite awhile since he had seen a big crowd like that for a weekday daytime game.

It's so nice to hear a crowd humming throughout the whole nine innings again, instead of the last three or four innings of the broadcast always being dominated by the idiotic Ric Flair impersonations. Hopefully, that is now gone from GABP and never returns.

RE: Reds July 2023 thread - SladeX - 07-21-2023

(07-21-2023, 06:30 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Sam LeCure mentioned in the post game that it had been quite awhile since he had seen a big crowd like that for a weekday daytime game.

It's so nice to hear a crowd humming throughout the whole nine innings again, instead of the last three or four innings of the broadcast always being dominated by the idiotic Ric Flair impersonations. Hopefully, that is now gone from GABP and never returns.

Hooooooooo!

RE: Reds July 2023 thread - cinci4life - 07-21-2023

Next 3 days should be interesting. We play Arizona while the Brewers play Atlanta. Should get a chance to make up ground if we take care of business cause we know how hard it is to beat Atlanta.

RE: Reds July 2023 thread - bengalfan74 - 07-21-2023

(07-21-2023, 06:30 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Sam LeCure mentioned in the post game that it had been quite awhile since he had seen a big crowd like that for a weekday daytime game.

OMG I hate that with a passion. Couldn't tell you how many times I've turned the TV off, just couldn't take it anymore.

RE: Reds July 2023 thread - bengalfan74 - 07-21-2023

(07-20-2023, 10:45 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: What a game today. It was so exciting in person. Abbott pitched a gem. The Reds just kept on hitting. On the bus down to the game, we played a game to guess the final score. I picked Reds 5 Giants 2. I was close. Going to another game in August. Big crowd today.

I'm going to try and get to a game or two late this summer.

RE: Reds July 2023 thread - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 07-21-2023

(07-21-2023, 08:56 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Next 3 days should be interesting. We play Arizona while the Brewers play Atlanta. Should get a chance to make up ground if we take care of business cause we know how hard it is to beat Atlanta.
I kind of see your point, but Arizona is 2.5 games ahead of the Reds and just took two out of three from Atlanta in Atlanta.

Also, Lively 3.72 vs Henry 3.89, Williamson 5.21 vs TBD (2 starters on IL) and Weaver 7.22 vs TBD - Davies 1-5 7.38 would be due but not listed anywhere. Maybe they gave up on him. Another 1st place team stuck with a 7+ ERA 5th starter that recently fell into 2nd place. Which is kind of why I figured that the Reds would just ride it out with Weaver. There's going to be a lot of competition for a lot of mediocre starters and they have two pitchers coming back soon. Weaver is scheduled two more starts before the trade deadline This one and vs the Dodgers. Yikes!

Luckily, as they miss, yet another ace, Cincinnati will miss Gallen. I think they crushed him his first matchup against the Reds as a rookie and then he has pretty much dominated them ever since, so that's another fortunate roll of the dice.