Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates (/Thread-Training-Camp-Chat-News-Updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-10-2023

(08-10-2023, 04:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mere chumps next to the '23 Bengals.   Ninja

Maybe we should just hint at top 5 eh? Mellow

Not top 5 all time lol

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - rfaulk34 - 08-10-2023

(08-10-2023, 05:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Maybe we should just hint at top 5 eh? Mellow

Not top 5 all time lol

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - 007BengalsFan - 08-10-2023

(08-10-2023, 04:19 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: bengals already have a LT and LG locked up for the next multiple years

unless you want to throw in the towel, and have the 2nd round pick be a career back up

Maybe that's all Carman is at this point.  If he is struggling at RT, are you just going to keep him there because he was a 2nd round pick and you feel he needs to be a starter because you used that pick on him?   Do you know who the Bengals have listed as the backup LT right now?  Adeniji.  Is that who you want coming off the bench protecting Burrow's blind side if something were to happen with Brown?  Carman was a LT in college.  Not every player can simply switch to the other side of the line.  Some can, some can't

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-10-2023

(08-10-2023, 05:28 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Maybe that's all Carman is at this point.  If he is struggling at RT, are you just going to keep him there because he was a 2nd round pick and you feel he needs to be a starter because you used that pick on him?   Do you know who the Bengals have listed as the backup LT right now?  Adeniji.  Is that who you want coming off the bench protecting Burrow's blind side if something were to happen with Brown?  Carman was a LT in college.  Not every player can simply switch to the other side of the line.  Some can, some can't

Carman CAN play LT, we know this. He should be the swing Tackle to play both Right and Left. Have Jonah start though since he is 
looking more consistent right now. He WILL get injured sooner or later you can pretty much bet on it and then we have Carman to 
step in. Just because Adeniji is listed as the backup LT doesn't mean he is ahead of Carman who actually did play well in the Playoffs
at LT. Way too early to judge the depth chart anyways.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 08-10-2023

(08-10-2023, 05:28 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Maybe that's all Carman is at this point.  If he is struggling at RT, are you just going to keep him there because he was a 2nd round pick and you feel he needs to be a starter because you used that pick on him?   Do you know who the Bengals have listed as the backup LT right now?  Adeniji.  Is that who you want coming off the bench protecting Burrow's blind side if something were to happen with Brown?  Carman was a LT in college.  Not every player can simply switch to the other side of the line.  Some can, some can't

The depth chart doesn't mean squat right now and shouod not be taken seriously beyond the starters, who are all obvious save for Robbins/Chrisman. 

All it is a seniority list. Sample ahead of Murphy? Please. Taylor ahead of Jones? Lassiter ahead of Iosivas? Come on. Chrisman ahead of Robbins. It is badically just reminding folks who was on the 53 last year & whi wasn't.  Turner ahead of George is about the only exception I see. 

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - 007BengalsFan - 08-10-2023

(08-10-2023, 06:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Carman CAN play LT, we know this. He should be the swing Tackle to play both Right and Left. Have Jonah start though since he is 
looking more consistent right now. He WILL get injured sooner or later you can pretty much bet on it and then we have Carman to 
step in. Just because Adeniji is listed as the backup LT doesn't mean he is ahead of Carman who actually did play well in the Playoffs
at LT. Way too early to judge the depth chart anyways.

I agree that if something happens to Brown, Carman needs to be the one coming in at LT.   That is why I thought he should be moved back to the left side.  It sounds like Carman struggles on the right and it sounds like Adeniji played better.  Let Jonah, Collins and Adeniji be the RT guys.  Let Carman and Brown handle the LT spot.  Just because Carman is a 2nd round pick doesnt mean we should try to force him at the RT position where he struggles just because we may need a new starter there next season.  If he does a bad job there, why even play him at that position because its not helping.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - jj22 - 08-10-2023

It would have been interesting to see if a Jonah move would have happened if Brown wasn’t signed.

They were clearly not happy with his performance at LT and deemed he wasn’t the future.

After Carmans play in the playoffs, they had to be considering giving him a shot at the spot.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Essex Johnson - 08-11-2023

(08-10-2023, 07:38 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The depth chart doesn't mean squat right now and shouod not be taken seriously beyond the starters, who are all obvious save for Robbins/Chrisman. 

All it is a seniority list. Sample ahead of Murphy? Please. Taylor ahead of Jones? Lassiter ahead of Iosivas? Come on. Chrisman ahead of Robbins. It is badically just reminding folks who was on the 53 last year & whi wasn't.  Turner ahead of George is about the only exception I see. 

I agree with you though will say Lassiter is off to good start in training camp, still long shot to make team.. 

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-11-2023

(08-10-2023, 08:11 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I agree that if something happens to Brown, Carman needs to be the one coming in at LT.   That is why I thought he should be moved back to the left side.  It sounds like Carman struggles on the right and it sounds like Adeniji played better.  Let Jonah, Collins and Adeniji be the RT guys.  Let Carman and Brown handle the LT spot.  Just because Carman is a 2nd round pick doesnt mean we should try to force him at the RT position where he struggles just because we may need a new starter there next season.  If he does a bad job there, why even play him at that position because its not helping.

All I have heard about Carman is he is inconsistent at RT right now, this could change with more snaps and time. Not giving up on 
Carman at either Tackle position. Once Jonah leaves after this year Carman very well could be ready to take the reins at RT and then
the OL is set for years to come. Adeniji just needs to be cut IMO. 

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Go Cards - 08-11-2023

(08-11-2023, 05:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All I have heard about Carman is he is inconsistent at RT right now, this could change with more snaps and time. Not giving up on 
Carman at either Tackle position. Once Jonah leaves after this year Carman very well could be ready to take the reins at RT and then

Just cant throw in the towel on Carman yet either, and happy to have him as depth presently as well. 

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - 007BengalsFan - 08-11-2023

(08-11-2023, 07:03 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Just cant throw in the towel on Carman yet either, and happy to have him as depth presently as well. 

Im not going to throw the towel in either but maybe right now, he is better suited as a backup LT.  If Jonah gets injured in the season opener, do we want Carman at RT when it has been reported he has struggled all training camp and look pretty bad against Green Bay?  We need better than that at RT.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - NUGDUKWE - 08-11-2023

(08-11-2023, 05:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All I have heard about Carman is he is inconsistent at RT right now, this could change with more snaps and time. Not giving up on 

If the line stays healthy this year and Carman never has to take any snaps at RT. I'm definitely gonna want a plan B for Carman just in case. I'll be curious where he lines up tonight. 

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - pally - 08-11-2023

Charlie Jones revealed that he tore his labrum but will play through the season....something to watch

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - jj22 - 08-11-2023

Charlie must be about to make it as returner only.

(08-11-2023, 08:10 PM)pally Wrote: Charlie Jones revealed that he tore his labrum but will play through the season....something to watch

After watching this preseason game, I think if I were Charlie Jones, I would go ahead and have the surgery.

and I still say Carman needs to be moved back to the left side. Pollack is not helping this team trying to use him as a RT. At no time as a Bengal, has Carman looked good on the right side of the line.

(08-11-2023, 08:10 PM)pally Wrote: Charlie Jones revealed that he tore his labrum but will play through the season....something to watch

After 1 preseason game IR for Jones on other hand Lassiter was impressive 

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Nepa - 08-11-2023

(08-11-2023, 11:47 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: After 1 preseason game IR for Jones on other hand Lassiter was impressive 

Jones torn his labrum eight days ago, I believe. That was when it was reported he sustained an injury during practice.

(08-11-2023, 11:54 PM)Nepa Wrote: Jones torn his labrum eight days ago, I believe. That was when it was reported he sustained an injury during practice.

Well he did not perform well tonight but Lassiter did

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-12-2023

So much for “minor” shoulder injury.