Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joe Burrow injury updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joe Burrow injury updates (/Thread-Joe-Burrow-injury-updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Soonerpeace - 07-29-2023

(07-29-2023, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't put much stock in the Athletic anymore either since the Slimes took them over and espn is still bogus for the most part.

What Kremcheck said though keeps me hopeful that Burrow should be 100% by the opener if it is indeed a grade 1 sprain.

Also, to Soonerpeace, don't call this message board stupid man. Not cool. Whatever

I am on here as much as anyone. Obviously I don’t think it’s stupid. My point is if you spend time on a sports message board and care about your team for less than the price of one cup of coffee you can follow your team and frankly the entire sports world for a month. The article today by Paul was outstanding. JMO but for $1 a month I highly recommend it. You can read about other teams and particularly our North rivals and upcoming opponents.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Streak 161 - 07-29-2023

CINCINNATI — The top storylines surrounding Joe Burrow just two days ago involved his pending contract extension, decision to pass on the “Quarterback” documentary and why he thought playing a few series in the preseason would prove “beneficial."

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Nepa - 07-29-2023

(07-29-2023, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: ***
What Kremcheck said though keeps me hopeful that Burrow should be 100% by the opener if it is indeed a grade 1 sprain.

This report from Dr. Kremcheck, whose an orthopedic surgeon and a Cincinnati Reds consultant, is indeed a hopeful prognosis. He seems to have inside information from the MRI that the calf strain is indeed a grade one and Burrow should be ready to go after three weeks. It's going to help me to put my attention on the training camp and preseason camp without this huge shadow over everything.

I get the impression from Streak 161's post that they would probably opt to keep Burrow out an extra two weeks to avoid the kind of recurrence that occurred when Mike Trout tried to come back too early.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-29-2023

(07-29-2023, 01:05 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: LMAO is there a post of mine you haven’t responded to in the last few months? The adoration is appreciated but ……

Yeah, I haven’t responded to any of the times you bring up my name in a thread I’m not active in. I only respond to your posts, but I don’t bring you up in other threads. You can’t say the same.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Nepa - 07-29-2023

(07-29-2023, 03:47 PM)Streak 161 Wrote: CINCINNATI — The top storylines surrounding Joe Burrow just two days ago involved his pending contract extension, decision to pass on the “Quarterback” documentary and why he thought playing a few series in the preseason would prove “beneficial.”

A fantastic read. Thank you. [[The "fantastic read" was the full one, before it got shortened. The full version traced several professional athletes with comparable injuries.]

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Soonerpeace - 07-29-2023

(07-29-2023, 03:55 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yeah, I haven’t responded to any of the times you bring up my name in a thread I’m not active in. I only respond to your posts, but I don’t bring you up in other threads. You can’t say the same.

“A common tendency of those who struggle with obsessive-compulsive disorder is excessive double-checking.” OCD Hotline – Available 24/7
866-903-3787

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-29-2023

(07-29-2023, 03:26 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I am on here as much as anyone. Obviously I don’t think it’s stupid. My point is if you spend time on a sports message board and care about your team for less than the price of one cup of coffee you can follow your team and frankly the entire sports world for a month. The article today by Paul was outstanding. JMO but for $1 a month I highly recommend it. You can read about other teams and particularly our North rivals and upcoming opponents.

Cool. Personally, I would never put my money towards anything owned by the NYT's or even towards espn lately, but to each their own.

Was just watching NFL Live and forgot that the stealers drafted Keeanu Benton the big NT that I really liked. Don't like that. Good player.

Just another one of those players that I wanted us to draft that will become a scumbag on that putrid team. Mellow

Hope a DJ Reader extension similar to Trey's is happening soon.

(07-29-2023, 03:53 PM)Nepa Wrote: This report from Dr. Kremcheck, whose an orthopedic surgeon and a Cincinnati Reds consultant, is indeed a hopeful prognosis. He seems to have inside information from the MRI that the calf strain is indeed a grade one and Burrow should be ready to go after three weeks. It's going to help me to put my attention on the training camp and preseason camp without this huge shadow over everything.

I get the impression from Streak 161's post that they would probably opt to keep Burrow out an extra two weeks to avoid the kind of recurrence that occurred when Mike Trout tried to come back too early.

Thanks, the thing is, we can do that if we have to. We started 0-2 last year with a hurt Burrow coming off an appendectomy.

I think if Burrow has to miss the opener against the Stains to make sure he is good to go against the Ratbirds the next game that's okay.

Don't want the Trout move to happen to Burrow, but like I said in a previous post. Burrow is so competitive it will be hard to sit him.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - SouthernFan - 07-29-2023

One good thing imho, Joe will not be too involved, if at all, in the joint practice with Green Bay.  I’ve always felt these are a bad idea.  There always seems to be someone who lacks self control and lets things go too far.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-29-2023

(07-29-2023, 05:01 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: One good thing imho, Joe will not be too involved, if at all, in the joint practice with Green Bay.  I’ve always felt these are a bad idea.  There always seems to be someone who lacks self control and lets things go too far.

Joe will be on the sideline true and not playing for sure after this.

Well at least it isn't the Chiefs or a Division rival. I think if there is a team that we don't dislike a ton it is the Packers. I think what 
happened with AD and the Rams last year might be an outlier, I doubt a joint practice with another team ends like that again...

We hated each other after that SB, just because Sean and Zac are friends doesn't mean the players are. There was genuine dislike.

Similar to us and the Chiefs now or one of the teams in our Division.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - SunsetBengal - 07-29-2023

(07-29-2023, 05:01 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: One good thing imho, Joe will not be too involved, if at all, in the joint practice with Green Bay.  I’ve always felt these are a bad idea.  There always seems to be someone who lacks self control and lets things go too far.

(07-29-2023, 05:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Joe will be on the sideline true and not playing for sure after this.

Well at least it isn't the Chiefs or a Division rival. I think if there is a team that we don't dislike a ton it is the Packers. I think what 
happened with AD and the Rams last year might be an outlier, I doubt a joint practice with another team ends like that again...

We hated each other after that SB, just because Sean and Zac are friends doesn't mean the players are. There was genuine dislike.

Similar to us and the Chiefs now or one of the teams in our Division.

The league needs to step in, put their foot down, and demand a degree of professionalism from the players.  Don't get me wrong, I completely understand that young men are trying to make enough of an impact to get noticed and make a squad, and that grudges can be held among veteran players from bygone meetings, but a joint practice should be just that, a completely developmental joint practice.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - wanga - 07-29-2023

It obviously wasn’t a grade 1 strain. Calfs can be tricky but simple at the same time.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Housh - 07-29-2023

(07-29-2023, 07:18 PM)wanga Wrote: It obviously wasn’t a grade 1 strain. Calfs can be tricky but simple at the same time.

I’m assuming the grade 1 is basically a Charlie horse.

Charlie horse, you are basically good after a day or 2.

Had to be grade 2 or 3 if we’re talking about him missing the preseason

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Bengalholic - 07-29-2023

(07-29-2023, 03:47 PM)Streak 161 Wrote: CINCINNATI — The top storylines surrounding Joe Burrow just two days ago involved his pending contract extension, decision to pass on the “Quarterback” documentary and why he thought playing a few series in the preseason would prove “beneficial.”

Your post has been edited because we don't allow full articles that are paywalled. You can edit it again to include what you want from the article, as long as it meets the criteria listed here...

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Reminder-about-Posting-articles

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - michaelsean - 07-29-2023

(07-29-2023, 07:18 PM)wanga Wrote: It obviously wasn’t a grade 1 strain. Calfs can be tricky but simple at the same time.

How is it obvious?

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - bfine32 - 07-29-2023

(07-29-2023, 10:30 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How is it obvious?

I'd assume because of the missing "several weeks" comment. Ambiguous to be sure.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - michaelsean - 07-29-2023

(07-29-2023, 10:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd assume because of the missing "several weeks" comment. Ambiguous to be sure.

Looks like a 1 can be several weeks.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - LSUfaninTN - 07-29-2023

(07-29-2023, 10:30 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How is it obvious?

It’s by far the most common and he was carted off the field. Several doctors online were predicting it was grade 2. He’ll still be good for the season opener. 

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Streak 161 - 07-30-2023

(07-29-2023, 09:53 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Your post has been edited because we don't allow full articles that are paywalled. You can edit it again to include what you want from the article, as long as it meets the criteria listed here...

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Reminder-about-Posting-articles

My bad. Won't happen again.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-30-2023

(07-29-2023, 03:26 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I am on here as much as anyone. Obviously I don’t think it’s stupid. My point is if you spend time on a sports message board and care about your team for less than the price of one cup of coffee you can follow your team and frankly the entire sports world for a month. The article today by Paul was outstanding. JMO but for $1 a month I highly recommend it. You can read about other teams and particularly our North rivals and upcoming opponents.

At this point, what do fans of this team want to know about this situation?

We want to know what grade the calf strain is? And what is the prognosis based upon the grade?

Dehner failed to report the grade of the strain so we don’t know anymore about the diagnosis than we did before reading his article. As far as the prognosis, he just repeated what had already been reported from multiple source. I learned more from what was already posted here.

Then Dehner made an apples to oranges comparison of various calf injuries without establishing what grade each strain was because the prognosis varies greatly depending upon the degree of the strain. That only helps contributes to the confusion of the fans who aren’t familiar with it.

Frankly, I’d rather spend my $2 on an actual cup of coffee.

(07-29-2023, 04:06 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: “A common tendency of those who struggle with obsessive-compulsive disorder is excessive double-checking.” OCD Hotline – Available 24/7
866-903-3787

You’re the one thinking and talking about me in threads I’m not posting in, genius.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-30-2023

(07-29-2023, 08:15 PM)Housh Wrote: I’m assuming the grade 1 is basically a Charlie horse.

Charlie horse, you are basically good after a day or 2.

Had to be grade 2 or 3 if we’re talking about him missing the preseason

If it were grade 1 and you just dodged a bullet, when would you let him return and risk having a setback that lingers into the regular season while you are negotiating a contract that will most likely make him the highest paid NFL player in history?

My guess would be Week 1 of the regular season when the games mean something.