Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! (/Thread-Zac-Taylor-play-calling-is-trash)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - THE PISTONS - 10-02-2023

(10-02-2023, 09:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “Execution” Ninja

Yep. We throw into heavy coverage.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Dr.Z - 10-02-2023

(09-29-2023, 11:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Now I’m sorry I brought him up. He’s going to show up like Beetlejuice if you guys keep saying his name. LOL

Hilarious 
 (Fred did bring good insights at times when it was football related and not simply for the sake of contrarianism)

As for the real topic at hand, I am very disappointed in the helplessness of the offense, and the lack of imagination or creativity in their quest to try and move the ball.  They have always seemed almost incapable of developing a rushing threat.  To be effective at running the ball, you have to commit to it.   During this stagnant span of drives in '23, it couldn't be any worse by seeing if you could pound the rock, try getting our line in a rhythm, giving our defense a breather, keeping Joe from getting smashed, and maybe actually catching them off-guard for a shot-play over the top once they start respecting the run.   And did they attempt a wheel route at all against the Titan's. Seems like an obvious counter to their pressure.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - THE PISTONS - 10-03-2023

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - XenoMorph - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 09:01 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

he also said Burrow is healthy enough to run the offense.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Brownshoe - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 09:09 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: he also said Burrow is healthy enough to run the offense.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Taylor is full of it and everyone knows it. Burrow can hardly move or even plant his foot to throw the ball

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - XenoMorph - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 10:55 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Taylor is full of it and everyone knows it. Burrow can hardly move or even plant his foot to throw the ball

i dont believe ZT either lol  if burrow is healthy then it just reaffirms the title of this thread

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/zac-taylor-joe-burrow-is-healthy-enough-to-run-the-offense

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Brownshoe - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 11:00 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i dont believe ZT either lol  if burrow is healthy then it just reaffirms the title of this thread

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/zac-taylor-joe-burrow-is-healthy-enough-to-run-the-offense

The first two seasons I gave Taylor a pass because he was new and getting his own thing started, but since the beginning of 2021 I've been saying his play calling is trash. Maybe not here, but I've got the receipts from other places lol. I've never thought he was a good play caller but I've dealt with it because we've won. Burrow playing like he has been just exacerbates the issue with coaching.

And btw I wasn't saying I don't believe you that Taylor didn't say that. That gif was more for Taylor lol

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Housh - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 09:09 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: he also said Burrow is healthy enough to run the offense.

This type of lying is gonna run fans the wrong way.

That shit is cool if we’re winning but playing coy like this when everyone can clearly see Burrow is hurt is just going to turn fans against you.

He’s hurt, and you made a mistake playing him and you are making more mistakes playing him even more. Just come out and say it Zac. We can all see the shit

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - PhilHos - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 11:12 AM)Housh Wrote: This type of lying is gonna run fans the wrong way.

That shit is cool if we’re winning but playing coy like this when everyone can clearly see Burrow is hurt is just going to turn fans against you.

He’s hurt, and you made a mistake playing him and you are making more mistakes playing him even more. Just come out and say it Zac. We can all see the shit

Just spitballing here, but maybe Burrow IS healthy enough to run the offense ... PHYSICALLY. Maybe Burrow's issues are mental. He doesn't seem to be limping around out there. He ran for a first down (like 2 yards) and then immediately slid but his gait didn't look injuyish (I made that word up, sue me). Maybe he just isn't trusting his calf to do what he needs it do do and/or he's worried he might injure it worse if he plays like he normally does. Granted, I think most of us would say to still sit him until he's 100% ready to go mentally as well as physically, but that could explain why Zac thinks Burrow is healthy enough even though there's clearly something wrong with Burrow.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-03-2023

(09-29-2023, 06:53 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I also play devils advocate a lot in life... as like you the older I've got the less I'm inclined to do so.

That said there is a balance and Fred was a bit over the top. I wouldn't mind seeing him back as long as he was on a short leash. People do learn believe it or not to behave better even in their older age I think :)

You wanna talk about devil's advocate? I saw him on a Bengals group on Facebook (well, at least someone with the same profile pic he had here) touting Zac's culture and sticking up for him!Shocked

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Nicomo Cosca - 10-09-2023

Credit when it’s due.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Nicomo Cosca - 10-24-2023

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - bfine32 - 10-24-2023

(10-24-2023, 09:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

I'm not sure what that graph represents other than "aggressiveness" but I don't see a correlation to success/failure on either side of it. 

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - SladeX - 10-25-2023

I think it means we’re not aggressive enough. We’ve lost the most win probability by kicking in certainly situations as opposed to going for it (on 4th down).

I’m thinking it’s lack of confidence in the run game short yardage

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-25-2023

(10-25-2023, 09:53 AM)SladeX Wrote: I think it means we’re not aggressive enough. We’ve lost the most win probability by kicking in certainly situations as opposed to going for it (on 4th down).

That's what I'm thinking, and your reasoning for it is probably a factor no doubt.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Soonerpeace - 10-25-2023

(10-25-2023, 09:53 AM)SladeX Wrote: I think it means we’re not aggressive enough. We’ve lost the most win probability by kicking in certainly situations as opposed to going for it (on 4th down).

(10-25-2023, 10:42 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: That's what I'm thinking, and your reasoning for it is probably a factor no doubt.

If you can’t run the ball in short yardage then it’s got to be a quick pass. And… the pass can’t be over the middle for fear of a tip. Just so limiting. Our offense has been 26th and 29th in yards per rush the last 2 years. Say what you want but calling plays is really limiting

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - NotBigzo - 10-27-2023

The Bengals have struggled with those situations since bringing in Zach. I don't see that being a factor now when it hasn't been one the last few seasons.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - OUatown - 10-29-2023

Zac Taylor is one of the 5 most disliked coaches in the nfl for a reason.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - 125250 - 10-29-2023

(10-29-2023, 01:29 PM)OUatown Wrote: Zac Taylor is one of the 5 most disliked coaches in the nfl for a reason.

Guy is awful. 

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - OUatown - 10-29-2023

(10-29-2023, 01:32 PM)125250 Wrote: Guy is awful. 

He would get a lot more respect, if he would swallow his pride and admit he’s not a College or NFL level OC. It’s that easy.