Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Covid punishments.... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Covid punishments.... (/Thread-Covid-punishments)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Covid punishments.... - Nati#1 - 08-02-2021

Fully support the players who refuse the vaccine.

RE: Covid punishments.... - Nately120 - 08-02-2021

(08-02-2021, 01:33 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Fully support the players who refuse the vaccine.

I have a feeling we'll be supporting a lot of people who choose unemployment over the vaccine. 

RE: Covid punishments.... - Nati#1 - 08-02-2021

So if the vaccine reduces the symptoms who gives a crap what the non vaccinators do, let them get sick. The ones who got vaccinators have nothing to worry about……until the media scares the crap out of them again.

RE: Covid punishments.... - PhilHos - 08-02-2021

I have no problem with people not wanting to take the vaccine.

I also have no problem with businesses requiring their employees to take the vaccine.

I just think it sucks that no matter what one's thoughts are on the matter, people think it's okay to spew vitriol and hatred if you believe/think something different.

RE: Covid punishments.... - bengaloo - 08-03-2021

(08-02-2021, 05:08 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I have no problem with people not wanting to take the vaccine.

I also have no problem with businesses requiring their employees to take the vaccine.

I just think it sucks that no matter what one's thoughts are on the matter, people think it's okay to spew vitriol and hatred if you believe/think something different.

I agree with this totally. My main issue with the NFL's new rules are punishing a whole team for one player who made a personal choice. I've never been a fan of Goodell's system of punishment for anything though, from the very beginning of his time as commish. I think its always been his weakest area of job performance.

RE: Covid punishments.... - Nately120 - 08-03-2021

(08-02-2021, 05:01 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: So if the vaccine reduces the symptoms who gives a crap what the non vaccinators do, let them get sick. The ones who got vaccinators have nothing to worry about……until the media scares the crap out of them again.

I'd take that point of view, but I've been scared into thinking that not caring if people get sick or die makes me a bad person. 

RE: Covid punishments.... - XenoMorph - 08-03-2021

(08-02-2021, 05:01 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: So if the vaccine reduces the symptoms who gives a crap what the non vaccinators do, let them get sick. The ones who got vaccinators have nothing to worry about……until the media scares the crap out of them again.

Cue the PLAGUE!!!!

RE: Covid punishments.... - bfine32 - 08-03-2021

There are those that cannot get vaccinated for health reasons, so we that can owe it to them. Even when vaccinated there's still a change 4%ish that you can still contract it, so we owe it to them to get vaccinated.  The media does not scare the crap out of me...those who ignore science do

I will say it would be fine by me if Kirk "if I die, I die" Cousins has to sit out of our week 1 game against the Vikings.

RE: Covid punishments.... - Nati#1 - 08-03-2021

(08-03-2021, 03:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd take that point of view, but I've been scared into thinking that not caring if people get sick or die makes me a bad person. 

Don’t worry, The vaccine is supposed to save them. It’s the non vaccinators choice not to have it if they don’t want it. They will take there .03 chance of dying.

RE: Covid punishments.... - Nati#1 - 08-03-2021

(08-03-2021, 04:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There are those that cannot get vaccinated for health reasons, so we that can owe it to them. Even when vaccinated there's still a change 4%ish that you can still contract it, so we owe it to them to get vaccinated.  The media does not scare the crap out of me...those who ignore science do

You can still spread it with the vaccine, and it will still effect the ones just as bad who can’t get the vaccine.

RE: Covid punishments.... - GreenCornBengal - 08-03-2021

(08-03-2021, 04:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There are those that cannot get vaccinated for health reasons, so we that can owe it to them. Even when vaccinated there's still a change 4%ish that you can still contract it, so we owe it to them to get vaccinated.  The media does not scare the crap out of me...those who ignore science do

Scientists have NEVER been wrong about anything, especially on short notice.

(08-03-2021, 05:43 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: You can still spread it with the vaccine, and it will still effect the ones just as bad who can’t get the vaccine.

Yes you can; it's why I mentioned the vaccine is "only" 96% effective. Last I checked 96% is better than 0%

As I said earlier; it's the exact same mentality of "Why shouldn't I smoke? Non-smokers get lung cancer too."

(08-03-2021, 06:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Scientists have NEVER been wrong about anything, especially on short notice.

Said no one ever..

Who are you listening to; if not the scientists? 

RE: Covid punishments.... - GreenCornBengal - 08-03-2021

(08-03-2021, 06:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Said no one ever..

Who are you listening to; if not the scientists? 

The Catholic Church of course.

(08-03-2021, 05:40 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Don’t worry, The vaccine is supposed to save them. It’s the non vaccinators choice not to have it if they don’t want it. They will take there .03 chance of dying.

How do we know the death rate is that low?

(08-03-2021, 06:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Scientists have NEVER been wrong about anything, especially on short notice.

True.  Once Fauci said that the sun would kill covid or that it would simply disappear on its own I knew scientists weren't our key to beating this thing.

RE: Covid punishments.... - AussieBengal - 08-04-2021

That is simply not how vaccines work.

RE: Covid punishments.... - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-04-2021

(07-29-2021, 02:16 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: No one is reading your book reports

It's obvious you haven't and all this indicates is you actively avoid new information to educate yourself on a topic to have an informed opinion and make informed decisions.

Quote:and the info is likely irrelevent,

How would you know if you don't read it?

Quote:look how much the CDC and Fauchi flip flop.

Recommendations are based upon the situation.  If the situation changes, the recommendation may change accordingly.  In the military, you might get what's called a "frago" if the situation changes.  That's doesn't mean the CO flip flopped.  If you see a warning sign for a school zone, you will need to adjust your speed based upon the situation.  That doesn't mean the State Highway Patrol flip flopped on the speed limit.

Quote:Covid is here to stay like my original post stated.

Your original point was we can't get herd immunity to Covid because of colds and the flu after I wrote we won't get herd immunity to Covid with a vaccination rate of 50-60% nationally.

That's like me stating the Bengals can't win the Super Bowl if they don't make the playoffs and you responding the Bengals can't win the Super Bowl because the have never won the World Series.  No. Those are two different situations.  I've explained why your reasoning is incorrect multiple times and provided sources for you to independently confirm for yourself what I'm telling you.

Last week the CDC announced the delta Covid variant is as contagious as chicken pox.

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1131785-overview#a5

After the chickenpox vaccine was introduced the incidence of chickenpox decreased by approximately 90%.

https://www.hhs.gov/immunization/diseases/chickenpox/index.html

The chickenpox vaccine series has an efficacy of over 90%.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/varicella.html

Ninety-one percent of children have received one dose of the chickenpox vaccine in 2007. Eight-five percent of children were fully vaccinated for chickenpox in 2016.

Did the chickenpox vaccine get rid of all herpes viruses? No.
Did the chicken pox vaccine eradicate chickenpox? No.
Do we have herd immunity to chickenpox?

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapediatrics/article-abstract/190491

Yes.

So on one had I have public health experts from the first, largest, and #1 ranked public health program since 1994 in the US stating we can achieve herd immunity to Covid.  While on the other hand I have someone who doesn't even know what a vaccine is telling me we can't based upon faulty reasoning.  Who do you think is a credible source of information?

Quote:25% of cases in LA are now vaccinated.

Thus the CDC's new recommendations or what some call a "flip flop."

Quote:It will mutate down and be much like a common cold at some point in the future. 

Can you give me an example of a virus killing 600K people in a year which turned into a common cold?

RE: Covid punishments.... - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-04-2021

(07-29-2021, 03:38 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: So you think covid will vanish one day? That's idiotic

No one claimed it would.