Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? (/Thread-What-Would-La%E2%80%99el-Collins-Cost-in-Trade)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - bfine32 - 03-13-2022

(03-13-2022, 03:19 PM)J24 Wrote: He's available?

Currently like La'el, under contract. WTS I'd say Saints would be interested in listening. Saints are currently $13 Mil over Cap and they would love to trade for Deshaun. Getting out of Ryan's contract would help. 

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - bfine32 - 03-13-2022

(03-13-2022, 04:01 PM)pulses Wrote: You're allowed to have one but stop cramming it down everyone's throats in multiple threads like some wanna be GM.

A negative that hasn't been addressed yet is how LC would react to a "forced" trade. We know he said he wouldn't sign with a team if he was drafted after the 1-2 rounds. He did this so he could pick his team and up his price. What do we think LC would do if he went to a place where he didn't want to play on his current contract?

Strange thing about a coin is it has 2 sides. 

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - casear2727 - 03-13-2022

(03-13-2022, 05:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: A negative that hasn't been addressed yet is how LC would react to a "forced" trade. We know he said he wouldn't sign with a team if he was drafted after the 1-2 rounds. He did this so he could pick his team and up his price. What do we think LC would do if he went to a place where he didn't want to play on his current contract?

You dont think there is a massive difference in the draft process with the set salary scale and this situation?  Pretty sure that was his agent's doing which worked out great for them.

Him sitting out or being disgruntled does nothing for him or his agent. A report yesterday from Dallas stated that he thought very highly of Pollack, we know he is close with Willie and maybe the LSU connection could be a positive...?

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Joelist - 03-13-2022

I'm sure they will speak to him first before any acquisition and make sure he is good with coming in - since we just came off a Super Bowl the usual "commitment to winning" arguments don't fly anymore.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - WVUHomer - 03-13-2022

(03-13-2022, 05:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: A negative that hasn't been addressed yet is how LC would react to a "forced" trade. We know he said he wouldn't sign with a team if he was drafted after the 1-2 rounds. He did this so he could pick his team and up his price. What do we think LC would do if he went to a place where he didn't want to play on his current contract?

In case anyone is curious about the UDFA side on LCs behalf, in this link the story is explained. 

https://youtu.be/6T2wcBJ-DRc

For those who don't have 17 min to watch, TLDR, he cooperated with the investigation after the victims daughter said his name (not that he did it but just that his name). He was advised by his agent (their job) to not partake in any draft celebration and to fly home immediately to talk with the police. After it hit day 3, based on all the money he lost from being a projected 1 rd pick to possibly late round, his agent said he would reject any offer and return to the following years draft if picked. Everyone let him go updraft and he signed a fully guaranteed top value UDFA contract with stipulations he received 0 payout if indicted on murder charges. Rest as we know is history.

(03-13-2022, 05:28 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: In case anyone is curious about the UDFA side on LCs behalf, in this link the story is explained. 

https://youtu.be/6T2wcBJ-DRc

For those who don't have 17 min to watch, TLDR, he cooperated with the investigation after the victims daughter said his name (not that he did it but just that his name). He was advised by his agent (their job) to not partake in any draft celebration and to fly home immediately to talk with the police. After it hit day 3, based on all the money he lost from being a projected 1 rd pick to possibly late round, his agent said he would reject any offer and return to the following years draft if picked. Everyone let him go updraft and he signed a fully guaranteed top value UDFA contract with stipulations he received 0 payout if indicted on murder charges. Rest as we know is history.

Without a doubt the correct decision for the player. He was a top 5-10 pick before this happened, totally out of his control.  Being locked up for 4 years on a later round contract wouldnt be right.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - pulses - 03-13-2022

Collins has only had 2 good seasons in his career and he's been playing next to arguably the best RG to ever play the game. I think Collins is a little overrated. He also missed like 90% of the season in 2016.  He's had 2 good seasons of over 80 PFF and the rest have been mediocre to awful to say the least. Far from the best RT in the league.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Synric - 03-13-2022

(03-13-2022, 07:07 PM)pulses Wrote: Collins has only had 2 good seasons in his career and he's been playing next to arguably the best RG to ever play the game. I think Collins is a little overrated. He also missed like 90% of the season in 2016.  He's had 2 good seasons of over 80 PFF and the rest have been mediocre to awful to say the least. Far from the best RT in the league.

La'el Collins was a backup in 2015 and 2016. He didnt become a full time starter until 2017.

(03-13-2022, 07:13 PM)Synric Wrote: La'el Collins was a backup in 2015 and 2016. He didnt become a full time starter until 2017.

A backup doesn't play over 700 snaps unless they are starting or someone got hurt which is what he did in 2015......regardless a 68 PFF is not good. 2016 he played 168 snaps and was injured. 2017 his PFF was a 63.  2017 it was a 72. 2 seasons it was over 80 and another season of injury.....far from the best RT on here that some are claiming.

(03-13-2022, 07:22 PM)pulses Wrote: A backup doesn't play over 700 snaps unless they are starting or someone got hurt which is what he did in 2015......regardless a 68 PFF is not good. 2016 he played 168 snaps and was injured. 2017 his PFF was a 63.  2017 it was a 72. 2 seasons it was over 80 and another season of injury.....far from the best RT on here that some are claiming.

Let's whine about guys saying stuff you dont like then come back and stir up more nonsense...

Are you a teenage girl?

(03-13-2022, 07:25 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Let's whine about guys saying stuff you dont like then come back and stir up more nonsense...

Are you a teenage girl?

those are STATS and FACTS....don't like it move along.

(03-13-2022, 07:27 PM)pulses Wrote: those are STATS and FACTS....don't like it move along.

I wonder the different tone some would take if we were forced to use our real names?

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Synric - 03-13-2022

(03-13-2022, 07:22 PM)pulses Wrote: A backup doesn't play over 700 snaps unless they are starting or someone got hurt which is what he did in 2015......regardless a 68 PFF is not good. 2016 he played 168 snaps and was injured. 2017 his PFF was a 63.  2017 it was a 72. 2 seasons it was over 80 and another season of injury.....far from the best RT on here that some are claiming.

In 2015 the starting the Cowyboy's Statting LG was Ronald Leary who was injured and La'el Collins stepped in and play inside where he had never done as a rookie. Going by PFF a 68 grade is very solid for a rookie especially starting at a new position.

In 2016 Left Guard Ronald Leary and RT Doug Free both stayed fairly healthy. In 2017 Doug Free finally retired and La'el Collins took over duties for his first taste on the right side. Since then all he has done is continue to develop and improve.

You can right him off for his suspension but not for his play on the field.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - fredtoast - 03-13-2022

With positions other than O-line there are usually some statistics to measure production and/or efficiency.  With these stats it is easy to see how/when PFF misses the mark.  For example I feel pretty confident that Andy Dalton played better in 2015 than 2018 no matter what PFF says. But with O-linemen PFF is treated like it is the gospel.

Collins may not be the top OT available, but $10 million a year doesn't get you the top.  I rember him being very good in college, but that doesn't mean anything after 7 years in the NFL.

(03-13-2022, 07:30 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I wonder the different tone some would take if we were forced to use our real names?

Wouldn't be no different for me. I've NEVER had any problems with anyone on here until you came along with this wanna be GM BS and calling people stupid and other stuff because they don't agree with you. And i've been on these boards a whole lot longer than you. So move along.

(03-13-2022, 07:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: With other positions there are usually some statistics to measure production and/or efficiency.  With this other stats it is easy to see how/when PFF misses the mark.  For example I feel pretty confident that Andy Dalton played better in 2015 than 2018 no matter what PFF says. But with O-linemen PFF is treated like it is the gospel.

Collins may not be the top OT available, but $10 million a year doesn't get you the top.  I rember him being very good in college, but that doesn't mean anything after 7 years in the NFL.

He's a top 3 rushing tackle in the league.  He's an excellent pass blocker.

The only available tackle is Armstead, older, more injuries, more cap space, more guaranteed money.

Not sure who else would be close to Collins?

After this awful oline season and all the complaining we all did how anyone could be against doing whatever it took (within some reason) to get this level player with this insane contract just confuses the heck out me... its almost like some enjoy the suspense to see if Joe will actually get up and play another play after sack number 345,244.

(03-13-2022, 07:44 PM)pulses Wrote: Wouldn't be no different for me. I've NEVER had any problems with anyone on here until you came along with this wanna be GM BS and calling people stupid and other stuff because they don't agree with you. And i've been on these boards a whole lot longer than you. So move along.

Glad you decided to wait and be a whiny ass with me. At least you used my Carmen at LG take in another thread....

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - THE PISTONS - 03-13-2022

I agree with you...but a 72 here at RT would be a big upgrade and over 80 is a massive upgrade.

(03-13-2022, 08:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I agree with you...but a 72 here at RT would be a big upgrade and over 80 is a massive upgrade.

This is STATS and FACTS all day, every day.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - WVUHomer - 03-13-2022

(03-13-2022, 08:37 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Glad you decided to wait and be a whiny ass with me. At least you used my Carmen at LG take in another thread....

For the record bro, I borrowed this premise in both my mocks I posted. Thanks for pointing that thought out.