Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow Recruiting Collins - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow Recruiting Collins (/Thread-Burrow-Recruiting-Collins)

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Rubekahn29 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 11:00 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It’s 10 AM. The night of wining and dining is over and Frisch’s breakfast bar has been picked over for at least 30 minutes. Where’s La’el Collins’ name on a contract?

Probably doing the physical.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - jfkbengals - 03-19-2022

I don't see him signing here immediately.

He's seen our offer, and I feel like it will be a very fair deal but he will want more.

My hunch is he will leave town and take some other visits and look at other offers. He came he immediately after being released, after all.

If he was happy with everything else going on here, he will give us an opportunity to match, otherwise we move on to the next option.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Fan_in_Kettering - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 11:02 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Probably doing the physical.

Team Physician: “Mr. Collins, you’re ten pounds heavier than it says on your bio. Can you explain?”

La’el Collins: “Jeff Ruby. LaRosa’s. Graeter’s. Gold Star. Frisch’s breakfast. YUM!”

(03-19-2022, 11:05 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I don't see him signing here immediately.

He's seen our offer, and I feel like it will be a very fair deal but he will want more.

My hunch is he will leave town and take some other visits and look at other offers. He came he immediately after being released, after all.

If he was happy with everything else going on here, he will give us an opportunity to match, otherwise we move on to the next option.

He’s not leaving here without a deal. He has no visits scheduled. He’s doing a physical. He wouldn’t be doing a physical if he was going to look at other places.

(03-19-2022, 11:07 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Team Physician: “Mr. Collins, you’re ten pounds heavier than it says on your bio. Can you explain?”

La’el Collins: “Jeff Ruby. LaRosa’s. Graeter’s. Gold Star. YUM!”

You come here for the Bengals, stay for the food. Lol

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Sled21 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 10:24 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Joe dressed up in sweats and a looney toons sweatshirt at Ruby's....

[Image: FOK-a_LXIAgsd88?format=jpg&name=900x900]

Anyone else would probably be asked to leave and come back with the proper dress code. This is what happens when you have "F-You" money and are a star. I love that he's free to be himself.

(03-19-2022, 11:07 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: He’s not leaving here without a deal. He has no visits scheduled. He’s doing a physical. He wouldn’t be doing a physical if he was going to look at other places.

Sources?

(03-19-2022, 11:07 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: He’s not leaving here without a deal. He has no visits scheduled. He’s doing a physical. He wouldn’t be doing a physical if he was going to look at other places.

Right, as we saw with Larry O, a deal is usually done pending passing a physical. If he's doing the physical, the deal is most likely in place. Not definite, but probable.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Nicomo Cosca - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 11:07 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Team Physician: “Mr. Collins, you’re ten pounds heavier than it says on your bio. Can you explain?”

La’el Collins: “Jeff Ruby. LaRosa’s. Graeter’s. Gold Star. Frisch’s breakfast. YUM!”

If we took him to Gold Star instead of Skyline we don’t deserve to sign him.

(03-19-2022, 11:11 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Sources?

Malik Wright. He talks in GIFs about these things, but quote tweeted the article about being close and it was of friends Joey dressed up as a doctor. That’s pretty obviously a physical. He’s the only one I trust on this as he has been spot on at every move.

Before he was cut, and it was quiet he mentioned they were waiting for something to play out. He knows what’s going on. I don’t know how to embed tweets, but it’s embedded in the other thread about Collins.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - jeremydc - 03-19-2022

we still talking about it. Isnt it like 10 am in cincy?

(03-19-2022, 11:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If we took him to Gold Star instead of Skyline we don’t deserve to sign him.

True dat.

(03-19-2022, 11:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If we took him to Gold Star instead of Skyline we don’t deserve to sign him.

I like them both. Prefer Gold Star cheese coneys and Skyline chili spaghetti.

I mean - where’s the source saying he has other visits lined up? All I’ve seen is a couple other teams (Dolphins and Broncos) have interest. Nothing scheduled though as far as I know.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Capt.Morgan - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 11:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I like them both. Prefer Gold Star cheese coneys and Skyline chili spaghetti.

This.

(03-19-2022, 11:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I like them both. Prefer Gold Star cheese coneys and Skyline chili spaghetti.

I feel Gold Star is too sweet. I mean don’t get me wrong I will eat it, but prefer Skyline.

Yeah, that’s fair. I do kinda like Gold Star’s coneys as well. But if you’re going to namedrop one of them for out-of-towners it has to be Skyline. Sponsorship deal be damned!

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-19-2022

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-close-to-deal-offensive-tackle-lael-collins

[Image: well-waiting.gif]

(03-19-2022, 11:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I mean - where’s the source saying he has other visits lined up? All I’ve seen is a couple other teams (Dolphins and Broncos) have interest. Nothing scheduled though as far as I know.

I never claimed he had any.  Someone claimed he was taking a physical, and that he had no other visits.  I asked for the source.  The reply was it came from...   cryptic GIFs.Facepalm
(03-19-2022, 11:19 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-close-to-deal-offensive-tackle-lael-collins

Thank you.  This is the whole concept.  Linking verifiable information.