Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates (/Thread-Training-Camp-Chat-News-Updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-12-2023

(08-11-2023, 11:36 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: and I still say Carman needs to be moved back to the left side. Pollack is not helping this team trying to use him as a RT. At no time as a Bengal, has Carman looked good on the right side of the line.

Didn’t look good tonight the handful of times I focused just on him.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - NotBigzo - 08-12-2023

(08-10-2023, 10:53 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Im not gonna overreact from this tweet, but Carman is gonna need legit competition at RT next year

he needed to be cut 2 yrs ago.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Housh - 08-12-2023

(08-12-2023, 12:46 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: he needed to be cut 2 yrs ago.

Wasn’t that his rookie year? Lol

Y’all savage on that young man

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - NotBigzo - 08-12-2023

(08-12-2023, 12:58 AM)Housh Wrote: Wasn’t that his rookie year? Lol

Y’all savage on that young man

I know right?

I mean, who else would lose a starting spot to big name talent like Quinten Spain, Hakeem Adeniji, and some rando from the Power 5 school known as NORTH DAKOTA STATE?

I made a thread calling this dude by the end of his first year. Look up "Send Jackson Packing"

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-12-2023

(08-12-2023, 12:43 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Didn’t look good tonight the handful of times I focused just on him.

Carman had a bad game. Happy they left him in the game at RT all night though, the more snaps the better for Carman at RT.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Frank Booth - 08-12-2023

(08-12-2023, 02:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Carman had a bad game. Happy they left him in the game at RT all night though, the more snaps the better for Carman at RT.

The more snaps the better? Yea, for me to laugh at

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - 007BengalsFan - 08-12-2023

(08-12-2023, 02:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Carman had a bad game. Happy they left him in the game at RT all night though, the more snaps the better for Carman at RT.

At what point do you say maybe he isnt cut out to be a backup RT.  Maybe he should be the backup LT.  Are we wasting our time putting him on the right side.  Does keeping Carman on the right side hinder his progress on the left side of the line where he has looked better and could make better progress there?

(08-12-2023, 03:10 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The more snaps the better? Yea, for me to laugh at

Must be a stealer fan, that would be the only reason to laugh at a Bengals player suckin' it up...

(08-12-2023, 03:39 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: At what point do you say maybe he isnt cut out to be a backup RT.  Maybe he should be the backup LT.  Are we wasting our time putting him on the right side.  Does keeping Carman on the right side hinder his progress on the left side of the line where he has looked better and could make better progress there?

I would say after the preseason, if he doesn't improve frickin' big time at RT he should be relegated to the backup LT position behind
Orlando only. Was just hoping Carman could grow at RT as it would help the team much more than him just being a backup here for 
the rest of his career. Honestly after last night's showing it wouldn't surprise me if he gets cut if he keeps playing like that.

It was pretty pathetic and I cannot defend any of it. The one time he just froze and didn't even try to block anybody was just strange.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Go Cards - 08-12-2023

(08-11-2023, 07:08 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Im not going to throw the towel in either but maybe right now, he is better suited as a backup LT.  If Jonah gets injured in the season opener, do we want Carman at RT when it has been reported he has struggled all training camp and look pretty bad against Green Bay?  We need better than that at RT.

I take camp reports with a grain of salt and believe Collins will be fine at back up RT when returning. Not many teams have a $7 million dollar back up RT. I'm not even buying Jonah is doing great at RT just from camp reports. Hope they're true, but so often camp reports are proven bogus once the season starts. 

If these guys don't pan out as back ups ? Then we're screwed and better pray for the starters health.  Because believe it is what the Bengals are going to roll with unless some crazy camp cut just falls into their lap cheaply at the last second imo.  

(08-12-2023, 04:42 PM)Go Cards Wrote: I take camp reports with a grain of salt and believe Collins will be fine at back up RT when returning. Not many teams have a $7 million dollar back up RT. I'm not even buying Jonah is doing great at RT just from camp reports. Hope they're true, but so often camp reports are proven bogus once the season starts. 

If these guys don't pan out as back ups ? Then we're screwed and better pray for the starters health.  Because believe it is what the Bengals are going to roll with unless some crazy camp cut just falls into their lap cheaply at the last second imo.  

Sure hope LC gets healthy quick and yeah, if we can get a crazy camp cut for RT it would be ideal.

Carman scared me last night, that was bad man, bad. Mellow

We all know Jonah has a hard time staying healthy and I am with you in taking camp reports with a grain of salt.

Was hearing Carman was inconsistent in camp, he was worse than just inconsistent last night lol

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Soonerpeace - 08-12-2023

I’m afraid Jackson has given up. Jonah must be noticeably playing better. I just don’t think Jackson has the mindset for the NFL. Not the first guy. He probably wants to play LT. He’s going to have to get lucky and find a place to do it.

(08-12-2023, 04:50 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m afraid Jackson has given up. Jonah must be noticeably playing better. I just don’t think Jackson has the mindset for the NFL. Not the first guy. He probably wants to play LT. He’s going to have to get lucky and find a place to do it.

Hope you are wrong, but you could be right from what we saw last night. He looked like a fish out of water.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Housh - 08-12-2023

(08-12-2023, 04:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hope you are wrong, but you could be right from what we saw last night. He looked like a fish out of water.

To his defense he wasn’t pure ass before he went out to start the 3rd

When he was asked to come back in during the 4th it looked like he gave up

(08-12-2023, 05:07 PM)Housh Wrote: To his defense he wasn’t pure ass before he went out to start the 3rd

When he was asked to come back in during the 4th it looked like he gave up

I mean he was playing against starters early, the Packers had all their starters playing unlike us. But man that play where Carman
just froze was a bad look, it was like the 3rd play the Offense had. Don't know what was going on with him, his head was clearly 
not in it in this game. Making me worried about RT now, I thought we had good depth if he at least played okay.

I have no idea now and have no faith in Jonah staying healthy. I guess Cody Ford had a nice run block and we can hope that LC
gets healthy and can play in case Jonah gets injured again.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Go Cards - 08-12-2023

(08-12-2023, 04:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure hope LC gets healthy quick and yeah, if we can get a crazy camp cut for RT it would be ideal.

Carman scared me last night, that was bad man, bad. Mellow

We all know Jonah has a hard time staying healthy and I am with you in taking camp reports with a grain of salt.

Was hearing Carman was inconsistent in camp, he was worse than just inconsistent last night lol

Agree he looked bad last night and just about every time he has played on the right side. Thinking he may be left eye dominant and registering to the brain quicker on the left side. Just a guess though. 

If not, it is time to move on after the season. But Zac is not so quick to give up on his early draft picks. Since Zac arrived the Bengals have selected 6 offensive players and 9 defensive players in the first 3 rounds. All are still rostered 

Believe Zac will give the 23 year old until next year to prove his worth or search for a replacement. Carman was not who I wanted to draft, but will certainly  thank him for his service if released. He filled in nicely in the Playoffs for the Bengals and did a fine job. He certainly was not the reason the Chiefs beat the Bengals and did nothing to hurt the Bengals chances a very primetime game. For that I will be thankful. 

For the record if you discard Zac's 1st draft when the roster holes he inherited dictated where he needed to draft. Then he has selected 8 out 12 players on defense in first 3 rounds. The only offensive players selected in first 3 rounds the last 4 years are
Burrow, Higgins, Chase, and Carman. Somebody on the Bengals coaching staff really liked the kid to take him so early and don't see the ship being abandoned just yet. Although Ive been wrong before. 

(08-12-2023, 06:35 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree he looked bad last night and just about every time he has played on the right side. Thinking he may be left eye dominant and registering to the brain quicker on the left side. Just a guess though. 

If not, it is time to move on after the season. But Zac is not so quick to give up on his early draft picks. Since Zac arrived the Bengals have selected 6 offensive players and 9 defensive players in the first 3 rounds. All are still rostered 

Believe Zac will give the 23 year old until next year to prove his worth or search for a replacement. Carman was not who I wanted to draft, but will certainly  thank him for his service if released. He filled in nicely in the Playoffs for the Bengals and did a fine job. He certainly was not the reason the Chiefs beat the Bengals and did nothing to hurt the Bengals chances a very primetime game. For that I will be thankful. 

For the record if you discard Zac's 1st draft when the roster holes he inherited dictated where he needed to draft. Then he has selected 8 out 12 players on defense in first 3 rounds. The only offensive players selected in first 3 rounds the last 4 years are
Burrow, Higgins, Chase, and Carman. Somebody on the Bengals coaching staff really liked the kid to take him so early and don't see the ship being abandoned just yet. Although Ive been wrong before. 

It is looking more and more like Carman is only a LT cause you are probably correct and it may be something to do with his brain.

He certainly didn't look like he was there mentally in this game. We have Orlando Brown Jr at LT now though so if we do hang on to 
Carman it will be as an emergency backup to Orlando. He is young like you say only 23 and it is only 1 preseason game, we will see
but it sure wasn't encouraging at all for the future at RT.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Frank Booth - 08-12-2023

LMAO thanking Carman for his service? He was TERRIBLE and a BUST outside of the Buffalo playoff game. He was whatever in the afc championship

It’s hard to believe some people are going to think of Carman in a more positive light than Jonah Williams. All Carman had to do in his rookie year was simply play mediocre. Somewhere in the Volson range. He does that, bengals have a championship. But no, he couldn’t even do that. 3rd stringer behind Adeniji and that other bum who started opening day in 2021 against the Vikings.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-13-2023

(08-12-2023, 08:41 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: LMAO thanking Carman for his service? He was TERRIBLE and a BUST outside of the Buffalo playoff game. He was whatever in the afc championship

It’s hard to believe some people are going to think of Carman in a more positive light than Jonah Williams. All Carman had to do in his rookie year was simply play mediocre. Somewhere in the Volson range. He does that, bengals have a championship. But no, he couldn’t even do that. 3rd stringer behind Adeniji and that other bum who started opening day in 2021 against the Vikings.

Tell us how you really feel...

BTW, Jonah was mediocre last year and Carman was our best OL in the AFC Championship and not whatever. Stupid post.

Carman sucked in this last preseason game and we all know it, but to laugh at it and root for a Bengals player to fail shows where you stand...

Just pathetic.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - NotBigzo - 08-13-2023

(08-13-2023, 02:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Tell us how you really feel...

BTW, Jonah was mediocre last year and Carman was our best OL in the AFC Championship and not whatever. Stupid post.

Carman sucked in this last preseason game and we all know it, but to laugh at it and root for a Bengals player to fail shows where you stand...

Just pathetic.

Being the best amongst a field of assberries isn’t a flex.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-13-2023

(08-13-2023, 02:11 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Being the best amongst a field of assberries isn’t a flex.

True. But he wasn't the problem unlike Jonah for a lot of the season.

Now though, Carman looks like the problem at RT, he was bad. But I have no bias either way, just want what is best for the team.

Sure hope Jonah isn't assberries this season at RT.