Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question (/Thread-Transgender-Bathroom-Locker-Room-Question)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Belsnickel - 05-04-2016

(05-04-2016, 08:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: NC is considering passing legislation outlawing any answer which isn't straight.

Well, until the DoJ slaps them down again.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - GMDino - 05-04-2016

(05-04-2016, 08:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, until the DoJ slaps them down again.

I read that.

Now is the time for the "Federal government can't tell the states what to do" crowd to jump in.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - bfine32 - 05-04-2016

(05-04-2016, 08:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I would argue they are not confused about their sex. Sex is one thing, gender is another. Them not matching does not equate to confusion about their sex, or confusion at all, really. Claiming it is confusion is very presumptive. There may be confusion for some, but being trans does not in itself equate to being confused.

Glad you see the problem.

Of course you would argue they are not confused;  you just called someone ignorant for saying so.

(05-04-2016, 09:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: I read that.

Now is the time for the "Federal government can't tell the states what to do" crowd to jump in.

And they differ from the state shouldn't tell a city what to do crowd, because?

(05-04-2016, 10:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And they differ from the state shouldn't tell a city what to do crowd, because?

Well, there is the difference between can't and shouldn't. That's the first thing that comes to mind.

(05-04-2016, 10:22 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, there is the difference between can't and shouldn't. That's the first thing that comes to mind.

For real?

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - GMDino - 05-04-2016

(05-04-2016, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course you would argue they are not confused;  you just called someone ignorant for saying so.

[Image: c26280b302332f032fb379df37074c1c.jpg]

(05-04-2016, 10:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: c26280b302332f032fb379df37074c1c.jpg]

Oh no victim, I wasn't the one he called ignorant. Also I can tell how disinterested you are. 

(05-04-2016, 10:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh no victim, I wasn't the one he called ignorant. Also I can tell how disinterested you are. 

I didn't directly call anyone ignorant, and of course if I had calling someone ignorant isn't an insult, just means they lack knowledge on the topic. Like when someone presumes all trans people are confused about their sex, that is ignorance.

(05-04-2016, 10:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For real?

Yes.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Mike M (the other one) - 05-04-2016

(05-04-2016, 08:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I would argue they are not confused about their sex. Sex is one thing, gender is another. Them not matching does not equate to confusion about their sex, or confusion at all, really. Claiming it is confusion is very presumptive. There may be confusion for some, but being trans does not in itself equate to being confused.

Glad you see the problem.

Right, they don't appear confused, but to every one else they are. 

It's like my grandpa, when he went to the hospital a month ago, we asked him if he knew where he was, he said of course. He told us he was in another state and the date was 15 years ago. He wasn't confused. He knew exactly where he was and the date and time and was very convincing that he was correct, but obviously he wasn't.

How about an Alcoholic in denial. Everyone close them knows they have a problem, but when you ask an alcoholic if they have a problem, they will deny it.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - BmorePat87 - 05-04-2016

(05-04-2016, 11:00 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Right, they don't appear confused, but to every one else they are. 

It's like my grandpa, when he went to the hospital a month ago, we asked him if he knew where he was, he said of course. He told us he was in another state and the date was 15 years ago. He wasn't confused. He knew exactly where he was and the date and time and was very convincing that he was correct, but obviously he wasn't.

How about an Alcoholic in denial. Everyone close them knows they have a problem, but when you ask an alcoholic if they have a problem, they will deny it.

I'm not even going to touch you comparing being trans to alcoholism and dementia. Hell, I won't even address your inability to understand what Matt wrote, but I will addressed the bold portion. "Everyone else" is awfully presumptuous. Maybe you believe they are confused about their sex (though you probably mean gender), but don't suggest the rest of us are as ignorant about sex and gender as you are. 

(05-04-2016, 11:00 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Right, they don't appear confused, but to every one else they are. 

Except your comparisons don't work. Ask a transman what their sex is and they will tell you the answer you think is correct. Ask him what his gender is and that is a different story. They are not unclear or uncertain with regard to what their sex, or their gender most of the time for that matter. It's presumptuous to think that every trans person is confused, and presumptions are based in ignorance.

(05-04-2016, 11:00 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Right, they don't appear confused, but to every one else they are. 

Confused is most likely a poorly chosen word; although he can fit given Webster's definition of:
Quote:disoriented with regard to one's sense of time, place, or identity

But we should most likely look for other descriptives to avoid looking biased and closed-minded, Perhaps "fluid" to describe a sense of uncertainty. 

What are you, ignorant?  

(05-04-2016, 11:22 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Except your comparisons don't work. Ask a transman what their sex is and they will tell you the answer you think is correct. Ask him what his gender is and that is a different story. They are not unclear or uncertain with regard to what their sex, or their gender most of the time for that matter. It's presumptuous to think that every trans person is confused, and presumptions are based in ignorance.

Yea, the fact that they understand that their sex and gender do not "match" is what makes them self identify as being trans. If they were confused, they wouldn't openly be trans. We'd have no idea.

(05-04-2016, 11:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Confused is most likely a poorly chosen word; although he can fit given Webster's definition of:

But we should most likely look for other descriptives to avoid looking biased and closed-minded, Perhaps "fluid" to describe a sense of uncertainty. 

What are you, ignorant?  

Again, that's incorrect because they have defined their identity. They are not disoriented as they have not, as Webster defines it, lost their sense of identity. They clearly have a sense of identity, one that some just think is wrong or the result of a mental illness.

To add on: I would never say that you are confused about your identity because you identity as a Christian, even though I do not believe that the God of Abraham exists.

You clearly are not confused about who you are, even if I believe that identity is based off a made up being.

And I only use religion because I know you identify strongly as a Christian (as you once told me that no man could ever love another man as much as you love your god).

(05-04-2016, 11:42 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Again, that's incorrect because they have defined their identity. They are not disoriented as they have not, as Webster defines it, lost their sense of identity. They clearly have a sense of identity, one that some just think is wrong or the result of a mental illness.

Of course they have a sense of identity. Males identify as women; I could easily see how one could classify that as confusion. I think the issue is that you and others are considering "confused" to be a slur; but just like ignorant, it is not, it is merely a descriptive.

You can say that you know that the trans is sure of their sex and gender if you wish; but what do we do with the gender-fluid? Can we label them confused? 

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - fredtoast - 05-05-2016

(05-04-2016, 01:53 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: In other news, Target's stocks have fallen 5.8% since the bathroom equality announcement.

In other News the Dow Jones Average is down almost 3% from April 20 when Target made bathroom policy announcement.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Vas Deferens - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 01:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: In other News the Dow Jones Average is down almost 3% from April 20 when Target made bathroom policy announcement.

No way dude.  Just go along with the correlation blindly.   Because all these toothless scared hillbillies not buying their frozen lasagna and medicated asswipes from target for 2 weeks along is going to move the needle that much in 3 weeks.  Couldn't have been ANYTHING else.  Maybe some devine intervention. Because jesus is their stockbroker. 

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Belsnickel - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 10:48 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: No way dude.  Just go along with the correlation blindly.   Because all these toothless scared hillbillies not buying their frozen lasagna and medicated asswipes from target for 2 weeks along is going to move the needle that much in 3 weeks.  Couldn't have been ANYTHING else.  Maybe some devine intervention. Because jesus is their stockbroker. 

The interesting thing to me is that I have found, in this area at least, those that are right leaning tend not to go to Target. It's funny, left leaning hits Target, right leaning hits Walmart.