Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates (/Thread-Training-Camp-Chat-News-Updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - NotBigzo - 08-13-2023

(08-12-2023, 08:41 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: LMAO thanking Carman for his service? He was TERRIBLE and a BUST outside of the Buffalo playoff game. He was whatever in the afc championship

It’s hard to believe some people are going to think of Carman in a more positive light than Jonah Williams. All Carman had to do in his rookie year was simply play mediocre. Somewhere in the Volson range. He does that, bengals have a championship. But no, he couldn’t even do that. 3rd stringer behind Adeniji and that other bum who started opening day in 2021 against the Vikings.

People tend to forget just how easy a path he had to make the roster.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-13-2023

(08-13-2023, 02:16 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: People tend to forget just how easy a path he had to make the roster.

Easy path huh...

Had to move from LT to RG a position he never played before. Wish we drafted Creed Humphrey but then we wouldn't have 
Ted Karras, so all we can do as Bengals fans is hope a player we pick actually succeeds here. Nothing we can do about it.

Hope Jonah plays well and actually stays healthy for once but I am not holding my breath on that one.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - NotBigzo - 08-13-2023

All he had to do was beat out.

Hakeem Adeniji.
Cordell Volson.

And Jonah with two bad knees.

(08-13-2023, 02:38 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: All he had to do was beat out.

Hakeem Adeniji.
Cordell Volson.

And Jonah with two bad knees.

Carman is just so inconsistent and he has been moved so much. As bad as he is, Pollack is also to blame for his failures.

Carman looked better than Adeniji in the Playoffs when he played LT.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Frank Booth - 08-13-2023

(08-13-2023, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Carman is just so inconsistent and he has been moved so much. As bad as he is, Pollack is also to blame for his failures.

that isnt impressive

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - NUGDUKWE - 08-13-2023

(08-13-2023, 02:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True. But he wasn't the problem unlike Jonah for a lot of the season.

Now though, Carman looks like the problem at RT, he was bad. But I have no bias either way, just want what is best for the team.

Sure hope Jonah isn't assberries this season at RT.

I think a lot of people forget Jonah dislocated his knee cap and his worst games were the few weeks after that injury. So I think that played a lot into his struggles. I know people say don't trust camp reports but the reports have been coming from multiple sources that Jonah is looking good which I think means exactly that. The thing that's hurting Carman is as a backup you have to be versatile. Hopefully he bounces back and has a good rest of camp but I think his time may be up if he continues to struggle.

(08-13-2023, 02:50 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: that isnt impressive

True lol

(08-13-2023, 04:02 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I think a lot of people forget Jonah dislocated his knee cap and his worst games were the few weeks after that injury. So I think that played a lot into his struggles. I know people say don't trust camp reports but the reports have been coming from multiple sources that Jonah is looking good which I think means exactly that. The thing that's hurting Carman is as a backup you have to be versatile. Hopefully he bounces back and has a good rest of camp but I think his time may be up if he continues to struggle.

All true. It isn't panic time yet. Jonah could be good at RT if he can stay healthy, but that is the question and why backup RT is so 
important. Hopefully Carman really improves after that sad showing and LC gets healthy fast.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - SunsetBengal - 08-13-2023

(08-13-2023, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Carman is just so inconsistent and he has been moved so much. As bad as he is, Pollack is also to blame for his failures.

One guy who we drafted in the 5th last year, that never saw the field do to injury, is appearing to be the talented beast that we thought he could be.  Yessir, I'm talking about Tycen Anderson.  Not only is that guy big and strong, but man can he move..

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - pally - 08-13-2023

Drue Chrisman returned to practice. Robbins shanks one after 2 good attempts
Logan Wilson practicing with a compression sleeve on left leg
Alex Cappa returns to practice
Trey Hendrickson working one on one with Myles Murphy on rush moves
La'el Collins rehab is progressing into change of direction moves
Jackson Carman is lining up at LT with the 2nd team today

Zac addresses fans waiting in line before practice

DJ Turner with a nice break up against Ja'Marr

(08-13-2023, 04:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: One guy who we drafted in the 5th last year, that never saw the field do to injury, is appearing to be the talented beast that we thought he could be.  Yessir, I'm talking about Tycen Anderson.  Not only is that guy big and strong, but man can he move..

He sure can, Tycen is big, fast and even seems smart from the way he plays. I can see why we traded up for him. Honestly haven't
seen Tycen play bad yet. He missed all season after having a fine Preseason last year. Hope he can stay healthy, if so Nick Scott better
watch out because both Tycen and Jordan Battle look really good.

JoeyB is at practice observing...with the leg sleeve. He may be closer than we think, but I suspect he gets this week off too to be on he safe side

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - NATI BENGALS - 08-13-2023

(08-13-2023, 04:26 PM)pally Wrote: La'el Collins rehab is progressing into change of direction moves
Jackson Carman is lining up at LT with the 2nd team today

I don't know what practice has looked like. But if this game shows a good representation of how things are going for Carman at RT. We probably should put him back on the left side. We won games with Adeniji playing RT. But he never looked that bad.

I'm getting more and more confident that Collins will be kept on the team with his big salary cap number.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Nicomo Cosca - 08-13-2023

Mixon apparently tweaked something and walked off gingerly according to Jay Morrison.

I hate this time of year so much.

(08-13-2023, 05:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mixon apparently tweaked something and walked off gingerly according to Jay Morrison.

I hate this time of year so much.

he went back in later though

(08-13-2023, 04:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true. It isn't panic time yet. Jonah could be good at RT if he can stay healthy, but that is the question and why backup RT is so 
important. Hopefully Carman really improves after that sad showing and LC gets healthy fast.

Looks like he's progressing and I'd assume he could be back the 2nd half of the season. I wasn't that big of a fan of Collins play at RT but he is depth and I'd be intrigued what he would look like at guard. Just after the initial evaluations it sounded like a couple guys looked adequate and Adeniji looked like himself limited ceiling but consistent. I wonder if they'll value that over Carman who only appears to add depth to one position. 

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Nicomo Cosca - 08-13-2023

(08-13-2023, 05:29 PM)pally Wrote: he went back in later though

Ok good. I should have looked through the rest of Morrison’s tweets. I see he mentioned Mixon going back in. Just saw that first one and panicked a bit.

(08-13-2023, 04:40 PM)pally Wrote: JoeyB is at practice observing...with the leg sleeve.  He may be closer than we think, but I suspect he gets this week off too to be on he safe side

Yeah probably let him keep rehabbing this week. But I'd like to get him back practicing sooner rather than later. Not looking forward to cringing every time he has to scramble hoping his calf doesn't tighten up.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Frank Booth - 08-13-2023

Collins is gonna have to be the starting RT next year

No bueno. Carman is pathetic

this is not a position you can comfortably get into if your calf is hurting