Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jake Browning appreciation thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Jake Browning appreciation thread (/Thread-Jake-Browning-appreciation-thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - Soonerpeace - 12-18-2023

Paul Dehner The Athletic

As each game passes, what Browning continues to pull off becomes more notable, not just from a magical run perspective but through the long-term view.

Browning will be an exclusive rights free agent at the end of this season, so he’ll be locked into the Bengals’ qualifying offer of a league minimum for next season with no other options but to return to Cincinnati. He’d be a restricted free agent in 2025 so his options would increase, but the Bengals would merely need to increase the qualifying offer to receive higher compensation should another team attempt to poach him. Essentially, he’s under reasonable team control for the next two seasons.

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-18-2023

(12-18-2023, 08:19 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Paul Dehner The Athletic

As each game passes, what Browning continues to pull off becomes more notable, not just from a magical run perspective but through the long-term view.

Browning will be an exclusive rights free agent at the end of this season, so he’ll be locked into the Bengals’ qualifying offer of a league minimum for next season with no other options but to return to Cincinnati. He’d be a restricted free agent in 2025 so his options would increase, but the Bengals would merely need to increase the qualifying offer to receive higher compensation should another team attempt to poach him. Essentially, he’s under reasonable team control for the next two seasons.

Nice, just gets better and better with Browning. Dude dropped some dimes once again this last game and the WR's had some drops.

Had one bad interception, just needs to get these out of his game. But he is clutch, that ball to Boyd in OT was perfect.

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-19-2023

(12-18-2023, 08:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice, just gets better and better with Browning. Dude dropped some dimes once again this last game and the WR's had some drops.

Had one bad interception, just needs to get these out of his game. But he is clutch, that ball to Boyd in OT was perfect.

From the sideline angle, it looked like he got REALLY lucky. After seeing other angles, he put it right on him in a very tight window. 

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - SunsetBengal - 12-19-2023

(12-19-2023, 11:51 AM)Wyche Wrote: From the sideline angle, it looked like he got REALLY lucky. After seeing other angles, he put it right on him in a very tight window. 

And, just one more quarter degree of loft under that rainbow to Charlie Jones, and then we're all maveling at how Jones got behind and outran the Vikings secondary.

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - Essex Johnson - 12-19-2023

(12-19-2023, 12:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And, just one more quarter degree of loft under that rainbow to Charlie Jones, and then we're all maveling at how Jones got behind and outran the Vikings secondary.

hate to tell you that Jones slowed down mid-route (from the word of Lapham), he does not do that he catches a great pass by Browning...

(12-19-2023, 12:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And, just one more quarter degree of loft under that rainbow to Charlie Jones, and then we're all maveling at how Jones got behind and outran the Vikings secondary.

Yep, a little bit of both. Charlie hesitated for a second on that route, then kicked it back into overdrive. Just a little late, and the throw could've used a bit more air.

(12-19-2023, 12:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: hate to tell you that Jones slowed down mid-route (from the word of Lapham), he does not do that he catches a great pass by Browning...

I saw it when it happened. It was like he didn't expect to be targeted.

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - Essex Johnson - 12-19-2023

(12-19-2023, 12:07 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I saw it when it happened. It was like he didn't expect to be targeted.

I was there but i did not see full route,but also heard radio on, so that is what the Lap said, he has speed but seems to struggle with routes so far rookie campaign, might be reason was 4th rounder...

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - KillerGoose - 12-19-2023

Yeah, that was on Charlie. He geared down as he was approaching the safeties and it threw off the timing. It's funny, I am watching J.T. O'Sullivan on YouTube breaking down Browning's game and he confirmed what everyone was saying. He gushed over Browning's base and his willingness to throw the ball and called it a "perfect throw" but the WR slowed down and turned it into an overthrow. 

(12-19-2023, 12:09 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I was there but i did not see full route,but also heard radio on, so that is what the Lap said, he has speed but seems to struggle with routes so far rookie campaign, might be reason was 4th rounder...

(12-19-2023, 12:15 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, that was on Charlie. He geared down as he was approaching the safeties and it threw off the timing. It's funny, I am watching J.T. O'Sullivan on YouTube breaking down Browning's game and he confirmed what everyone was saying. He gushed over Browning's base and his willingness to throw the ball and called it a "perfect throw" but the WR slowed down and turned it into an overthrow. 

Yessir Goose. That's what I noticed watching the broadcast Essex.

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - Bengalfan4life27c - 12-21-2023

Jake Browning has highest completion percentage in NFL history with over a 100 completions.

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - Garrus - 12-21-2023

I am here for the Nick Foles 2.0 story.

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - Bengalfan4life27c - 12-21-2023

He wins us a championship this year hope we dont lose to whatever team he plays for in a primetime game against us and says you shouldn't have traded me. Hope he understands we cant move on from Joe regardless.

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - Sled21 - 12-21-2023

(12-21-2023, 04:01 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He wins us a championship this year hope we dont lose to whatever team he plays for in a primetime game against us and says you shouldn't have traded me. Hope he understands we cant move on from Joe regardless.

If you saw his interview, he was not made Minnesota cut him. Said he had been cut before. He was mad at the way Minnesota cut him. Telling him they may have a spot on the practice squad, to go back to the hotel and wait for a call. Then not calling him and cutting him via text. He also went out of his way to say there are different coaches there now and great people. It was a shot at ownership. 

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - XenoMorph - 12-21-2023

(12-21-2023, 04:01 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He wins us a championship this year hope we dont lose to whatever team he plays for in a primetime game against us and says you shouldn't have traded me. Hope he understands we cant move on from Joe regardless.

i doubt he will be mad at a chance for starter money  hes earning a look at least

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - wanga - 12-21-2023

(12-18-2023, 08:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice, just gets better and better with Browning. Dude dropped some dimes once again this last game and the WR's had some drops.

He’s got some balls. I know they talk about ‘gotta have a short memory’ and forget a mistake but he still pulled the trigger when he needed too. That takes some mental strength. 

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-21-2023

(12-19-2023, 11:51 AM)Wyche Wrote: From the sideline angle, it looked like he got REALLY lucky. After seeing other angles, he put it right on him in a very tight window. 

Oh yeah, it was similar to one of those Burrow throws to Chase we have seen over the years. Just nothing the Defense could do.

Made me seriously think Browning is for real, but dang it all he has to prove it once again on Saturday against the Defense that gave him trouble.

(12-19-2023, 12:15 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, that was on Charlie. He geared down as he was approaching the safeties and it threw off the timing. It's funny, I am watching J.T. O'Sullivan on YouTube breaking down Browning's game and he confirmed what everyone was saying. He gushed over Browning's base and his willingness to throw the ball and called it a "perfect throw" but the WR slowed down and turned it into an overthrow. 

Thought I saw the same thing when I first watched the game KillerGoose, thanks for this JTO knows his stuff.

I think Chuck is kicking himself over that one and will make sure he runs those routes at full speed from now on without hesitation.

(12-21-2023, 05:50 PM)wanga Wrote: He’s got some balls. I know they talk about ‘gotta have a short memory’ and forget a mistake but he still pulled the trigger when he needed too. That takes some mental strength. 

It does, Jake has really surprised me with both his accuracy and his mental toughness so far. Has to keep it up though and cannot be the 
reason we don't win a game. So far he has done enough besides the first stealer game. Hope he takes it personal and plays even better 
against these scumbags.

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - reuben.ahmed - 12-21-2023

He wins a ring he should be paid the highest backup money in the league to stay with us since Joe's surgery is not a guarantee. He decides to leave, up to him.

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-22-2023

(12-21-2023, 10:06 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He wins a ring he should be paid the highest backup money in the league to stay with us since Joe's surgery is not a guarantee. He decides to leave, up to him.

Agree, the Burrow injury makes Browning needed even more. I don't believe that Burrow is the next Andrew Luck, but he has been injured a lot.

This is just the truth and if Browning wins us the Lombardi he will always be a legend around here until he does leave for a starting job somewhere else.

But that should be a year or two down the road. QB's can play a long time in the NFL as we have seen lately. He isn't that old.

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - Bengalbug - 12-23-2023

Crazy read this morning. Never in 1,000,000 years would I have predicted this.

Browning is averaging 8.7 yards per pass this season. Burrow averaged 6.3 yards per pass this year before his season-ending injury.

Browning has a 73.6 percent completion rate. Burrow had a 66.8 percent completion rate.

Browning has thrown touchdowns on 4.9 percent of his passes. Burrow threw touchdowns on 4.1 percent of his passes.

Browning has a 107.1 passer rating. Burrow had a 91.0 passer rating.

The Bengals are 3-1 and have scored 25.0 points per game in the games Browning started. The Bengals were 5-5 and scored 20.7 points per game in the games Burrow started.