Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question (/Thread-Transgender-Bathroom-Locker-Room-Question)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Rotobeast - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 10:56 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The interesting thing to me is that I have found, in this area at least, those that are right leaning tend not to go to Target. It's funny, left leaning hits Target, right leaning hits Walmart.

Probably because of the issue from year's ago, concerning veterans.
(whether it was true or not)

I don't like Target, due to their cutesy/kitschy advertising.

Oh.... and too much damn red all over the store....lol

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - BmorePat87 - 05-05-2016

(05-04-2016, 11:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course they have a sense of identity. Males identify as women; I could easily see how one could classify that as confusion. I think the issue is that you and others are considering "confused" to be a slur; but just like ignorant, it is not, it is merely a descriptive.

You can say that you know that the trans is sure of their sex and gender if you wish; but what do we do with the gender-fluid? Can we label them confused? 

"Confused" IS being used an insult. The word itself is not. It's being used to justify the belief that what they identify with is wrong.

Being trans does not inherently make someone confused. Can someone being trans and confused? Sure. Saying that all trans people are confused or that all cis people see them as confused is incorrect. Same with gender fluid. Most would say "I'm not confused, I just identify with different gender roles based on the circumstances". 

(05-05-2016, 11:11 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Same with gender fluid. Most would say "I'm not confused, I just identify with different gender roles based on the circumstances". 

Sooooo.... what bathroom do they get to use ?
Whichever they choose identity with that day ?

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - PhilHos - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 11:11 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: "Confused" IS being used an insult. The word itself is not. It's being used to justify the belief that what they identify with is wrong.

Being trans does not inherently make someone confused. Can someone being trans and confused? Sure. Saying that all trans people are confused or that all cis people see them as confused is incorrect. Same with gender fluid. Most would say "I'm not confused, I just identify with different gender roles based on the circumstances". 

Most "cis people" don't identify as being cis, so can you stop calling us that? Thanks.  ThumbsUp

(05-05-2016, 11:31 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Most "cis people" don't identify as being cis, so can you stop calling us that? Thanks.  ThumbsUp

I do believe he called you a cissy.
Ninja

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Belsnickel - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 11:07 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Probably because of the issue from year's ago, concerning veterans.
(whether it was true or not)

I don't like Target, due to their cutesy/kitschy advertising.

Oh.... and too much damn red all over the store....lol

My wife is a big Target fan. I'm not a chain store fan overall, though.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - PhilHos - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 11:38 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I do believe he called you a cissy.
Ninja

Well, that's different.  Mellow

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - SteelCitySouth - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 11:22 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Sooooo.... what bathroom do they get to use ?
Whichever they choose identity with that day ?

Soooo....Do you honestly think these people flip flop daily?

(05-05-2016, 11:59 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Soooo....Do you honestly think these people flip flop daily?

I don't know.
I've never met anyone who was, nor would I have an informed opinion from only one person if I did.
Soooo... it's a legitimate question to any turkey here that has had enough experience to give a qualified answer and not just some regurgitated pc rhetoric.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - fredtoast - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 01:18 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I don't know.
I've never met anyone who was, nor would I have an informed opinion from only one person if I did.
Soooo... it's a legitimate question to any turkey here that has had enough experience to give a qualified answer and not just some regurgitated pc rhetoric.

In the case from Toronto the psychologist was able to conclude that the guy was lying about being a transgender woman.  So it is clear there is more to it than just a person claiming they feel like a woman one day and a man the next.  

(05-05-2016, 01:18 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I don't know.

And you don't think framing the question as such is nothing more than a different type of rhetoric?

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - bfine32 - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 11:59 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Soooo....Do you honestly think these people flip flop daily?

(05-05-2016, 02:53 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: And you don't think framing the question as such is nothing more than a different type of rhetoric?

hhhmmmm

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - fredtoast - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 01:18 PM)Rotobeast Wrote:  it's a legitimate question to any turkey here that has had enough experience to give a qualified answer and not just some regurgitated pc rhetoric.

So the only type of rhetoric is from the "pc" side?

I think there is another possibility you are refusing to acknowledge.

(05-05-2016, 02:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: hhhmmmm

How is that a question even remotely laden with rhetoric?  I'm literally questioning his stance on a statement he made about people using bathrooms depending on the gender they identify with that day.  I don't think you quite understand my question.

I'd get it if I was putting those words in his mouth and saying he believes that, I asked him if he did.  He can either say he does or say he doesn't or say he doesn't know.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - BmorePat87 - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 11:31 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Most "cis people" don't identify as being cis, so can you stop calling us that? Thanks.  ThumbsUp

cis is just the opposite prefix as trans. It's like saying heterosexual, even though none of us call ourselves that. 

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Belsnickel - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 03:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: cis is just the opposite prefix as trans. It's like saying heterosexual, even though none of us call ourselves that. 

Privilege.

(05-05-2016, 02:53 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: And you don't think framing the question as such is nothing more than a different type of rhetoric?
I'm pretty ignorant, concerning gender-fluid.
I've already admitted that, so who's rhetoric would I be using ?
You're welcome to use the search function to go back and see the number of times I've put forth questions to learn if anyone had experience with that group of people.

(05-05-2016, 03:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So the only type of rhetoric is from the "pc" side?

I think there is another possibility you are refusing to acknowledge.

Absolutely not.
I'm quite sure there is aggressive anti-trans rhetoric out there and here.

My comment about the regurgitated pc rhetoric was that it is usually canned responses, taught by pc gurus.
I was looking for real life experiences.

(05-05-2016, 04:26 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm pretty ignorant, concerning gender-fluid.
You're welcome to use the search function to go back and see the number of times I've put forth questions to learn if anyone had experience with that group of people.

I get what you're saying.  I've known only one in my life.  I have no idea how many i have run into without knowing.  The one I did know I only knew as the new gender.  I never knew him as a her.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Mike M (the other one) - 05-05-2016

Daily? Probably not.
Do you honestly think they never flip-flop?

I think the biggest problem is trans people have an underlying unhappiness issue (whether it's from depression/anxiety or something else). This is in turn causes them to have a hard time accepting themselves as they are (tomboys/effemine boys) and it's possible that some of them think the answer to all of their problems is to change their sex. Problem is solved temporarily. If the issue of unhappiness was not addressed properly during the post-op time, then they will eventually become unhappy again and then they might eventually regret their decision, because now they have a whole new set of problems with that.

*note, this is just a general statement/observation and not a all or nothing statement, I'm very well aware that there is always exceptions and varying shades of gray.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Vas Deferens - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 04:26 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm pretty ignorant, concerning gender-fluid.

Absolutely not.
I'm quite sure there is aggressive anti-trans rhetoric out there and here.

My comment about the regurgitated pc rhetoric was that it is usually canned responses, taught by pc gurus.
I was looking for real life experiences.

I know someone very well that has gone through the transition (not full, but appearance wise).   One of the toughest and most psychologically stressful experiences I've seen someone go through on their own direction.  A lot of that struggle is from outside pressures where people are unwilling to accept their choices (sound familiar?).   I will say that individual is happier today than at any point I've known them, multiple years after the treatments etc and after moving with their significant other to a completely new city where their previous gender identity doesn't cloud others perception of the present person before them.  

Nobody would bat an eye at this dude if he came into your pisser.  Even so, that nickle-dick piss any wouldn't say a ***** thing bc he'd beat the ever living shit out of them...  She would have too to be clear.  That's not "I walk around my gated community with a revolver" kind of peacocking.  That's real. 

All these supposed christians need to start acting with the compassion they preach rather than shunning someone going through something you don't even understand.  But I guess that's what you get when someone is raised to be closeminded so as to not question the bullshit being shoved down their throat.