Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron (/Thread-Bengals-request-interviews-with-Josh-McDaniels-Zac-Taylor-Shane-Waldron)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - The Real Deal - 01-04-2019

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-04-2019

(01-04-2019, 03:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: Looks like Monken is taking the interview according to Schefter. I am simply happy that we are continuing to keep looking outside and outside of ties to here for the next HC.

Awesome, same here, we need an outside hire.

Only way this thing gets turned around.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - 3wt - 01-04-2019

(01-04-2019, 02:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I wouldn't call what Zac Taylor and Eric Beinemy have done as failures.

Agreed.   There are a lot of people who seem to like both of them.   I have been concerned that Taylor has a limited role in leadership and Andy Reid is generally considered the creator of the offense.  So I am concerned that Beinemy may not be as responsible for the quality of their offense as it might appear.

True, it isn't the HC's job to call the plays.
But I think having demonstrated the ability to game plan and call plays is a good qualifier for having the vision for an offense that has been missing here.

Maybe Monken as the HC and Taylor as the OC?
That sounds very interesting.   I really have no idea about what Taylor is like, but I like the concept.

True that.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-04-2019

To 3wt as for some reason the board is acting strange...

I would like any of those guys and am happy we are now interviewing Monken your guy too. These guys have to start somewhere and what better place than here where we desperately need that freshness.

I understand the concerns with anyone of these guys too but still think anyone of them would be better than Hue so this is all great news to me.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - The Real Deal - 01-04-2019

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - psychdoctor - 01-04-2019

(01-04-2019, 04:40 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Hell no

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Bengalholic - 01-05-2019

(01-04-2019, 04:01 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

The more I read and hear about Zac Taylor, the more I'm liking him.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - HarleyDog - 01-05-2019

(01-04-2019, 04:40 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Don’t want any of those guys but Bieniemy or Taylor. I was a little high on the Fangio idea until I read this: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/5/18164118/cincinnati-bengals-coaching-candidate-vic-fangio-chicago-bears-rumors

Shane Waldron also show promise but not stoked about him.

Vance Joseph would possibly be worse than Hue, if not equal.

I wonder if Munoz would consider joining the team? Not as HC, but would love his chances of working with the OL.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Au165 - 01-05-2019

This is good news...

Mike Garafolo
Forgot to mention here, look for the #Bengals to expand their coaching search with candidates playing this weekend. Was told they preferred to not distract those coaches ahead of their first playoff game.

So the cots Dc and the Cowboys CB coach May both he in play but we are waiting as to not distract which is cool.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - wolfkaosaun - 01-05-2019

Gimme Bieniemy. I'm also cool with Taylor or Monken.

And I know Bieniemy's biggest thing is about play calls. But, Pederson only called offensive plays in 2015. In 2013-14, Andy Reid was the one calling the shots while Pederson was OC.

Here's an exerpt from an article I read on Bieniemy:
"Jones-Drew said Bieniemy has a knack for managing multiple personality types. And that while he shows players he cares about players as people, he does not sugar-coat the truth.

“One time I was playing the Ravens in Jacksonville and I fumbled three times,” Jones-Drew recalled. “I get a text from him. I had been with him when I was 17 to 20 years old, so the text was ‘Everything is going to be OK.’ But then he added, ‘But this is where you messed up.’ And he detailed everything he saw on television. He doesn’t allow you to slack. He’s been in those situations. To see it on TV and detail it like that. He cares about people. But he also tells you the blunt, honest truth.”...

With the Vikings, he coached Adrian Peterson, who twice led the NFL in rushing. Peterson nicknamed Bieniemy “The Truth.”

...Bieniemy is Reid’s first offensive coordinator who didn’t play quarterback. Reid says Bieniemy is an expert in pass protections and helps Mahomes with that aspect of his game.

Though Bieniemy does not call the Chiefs plays, he’s heavily involved in game-planning and preparation. He also reviews film and then meets with Reid to collaboratively devise a weekly strategy.

“One thing I’ve learned from coach is to always remain flexible,” Bieniemy told ESPN’s Adam Schefter this year. “In order to expand, you always want to stay a step or two ahead of everyone and what they’re thinking around the league. And so, that’s been one thing that I love — the creativity and the conversations that we have, and just the way we study, we approach things, and we piece it together.”"

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Bengalholic - 01-05-2019

(01-05-2019, 03:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: This is good news...

Mike Garafolo
Forgot to mention here, look for the #Bengals to expand their coaching search with candidates playing this weekend. Was told they preferred to not distract those coaches ahead of their first playoff game.

So the cots Dc and the Cowboys CB coach May both he in play but we are waiting as to not distract which is cool.

Kris Richard has been #1 on my wish list. I've said before, this guy was born to be a head coach and you would have a hard time finding a guy more passionate about the game. Definitely hoping they give him an interview. 

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - wolfkaosaun - 01-05-2019

(01-05-2019, 03:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: This is good news...

Mike Garafolo

Kris Richard is a coach I really like. It wouldn't surprise me if the Bengals tried to make him DC. Though it wouldn't surprise me if the Bengals held off on a DC until they found a HC

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - J24 - 01-05-2019

(01-05-2019, 03:28 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Kris Richard is a coach I really like. It wouldn't surprise me if the Bengals tried to make him DC. Though it wouldn't surprise me if the Bengals held off on a DC until they found a HC

He won't leave Dallas if it's for a DC posisition they love him there and he will become d coordinator there. He is practically it right now.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Big Boss - 01-05-2019

Yeah I want to interview this guy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Texas_William/status/1033897343807115264

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - SunsetBengal - 01-05-2019

(01-05-2019, 05:10 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Yeah I want to interview this guy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Texas_William/status/1033897343807115264

A firey guy that's not afraid to put his foot up people's asses on the sideline?  I like him.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Whatever - 01-05-2019

(01-05-2019, 03:36 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He won't leave Dallas if it's for a DC posisition they love him there and he will become d coordinator there. He is practically it right now.

Depends on if they resign Marianelli after the season.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - SunsetBengal - 01-06-2019

No word on how the scheduled interviews with Taylor, Waldren and Bienemy went? I guess the search and interviews will continue. Likely won't hear much from the team, until a second interview for one or several of the candidates is announced.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Sled21 - 01-06-2019

(01-05-2019, 05:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A firey guy that's not afraid to put his foot up people's asses on the sideline?  I like him.

Kinda reminds me of Zimmer in that clip.....lol.

Regardless of who we get, I want someone that will do something Marvin never did, and that is chew on the ear of the referee when we are obviously getting screwed. While the Harbaugh's are one extreme, Lewis was the other. I don't recall Marvin EVER yelling at a ref....

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - SunsetBengal - 01-06-2019

(01-06-2019, 11:05 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Kinda reminds me of Zimmer in that clip.....lol.

Regardless of who we get, I want someone that will do something Marvin never did, and that is chew on the ear of the referee when we are obviously getting screwed. While the Harbaugh's are one extreme, Lewis was the other. I don't recall Marvin EVER yelling at a ref....

I know that there is a lot of emphasis on getting an "offensive minded" HC, but is that really as important as finding the person with the best personality, attention to detail, and organizational communication skills.  To segregate HC candidates due to which side of the ball the hands on portion of their coaching career is a bit short sighted, as it seems to me that anyone truly qualified to be a HC will strive for perfection in all 3 phases of the game, rather than extreme emphasis on one over the others.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - BengalsRocker - 01-06-2019

(01-06-2019, 11:17 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I know that there is a lot of emphasis on getting an "offensive minded" HC, but is that really as important as finding the person with the best personality, attention to detail, and organizational communication skills.  To segregate HC candidates due to which side of the ball the hands on portion of their coaching career is a bit short sighted, as it seems to me that anyone truly qualified to be a HC will strive for perfection in all 3 phases of the game, rather than extreme emphasis on one over the others.

Also why not just hire a decent OC?

I'm not getting this offense minded HC narrative that's going around these days.

It's almost as annoying as "Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is the definition of insanity" quote.

People just hear things and parrot the shit out of them no matter the validity of the words.