Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bobby Hart Re-Signed (/Thread-Bobby-Hart-Re-Signed)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Au165 - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 04:05 PM)Synric Wrote: It's not like they still aren't interested in drafting a tackle early. They were very interested in Dalton Risner at Kansas States pro day.

Like I said, I think we will look at a day 2 tackle and Hart is our fall back plan. Looking at his cap numbers if we cut Hart before next league year we save an additional million in roster bonus. The more you look at the deal it is a 1 year bet with a team option for two and three if he works out. 

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - THE PISTONS - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 04:02 PM)Wyche Wrote: It wasn't a very good year for tackles in FA, and two guys that actually graded similarly got PAID.  Shitty year for us to only have one T on the roster going in.....and we're STILL reeling from the Ole' hi and Fisher drafts. This is what that horrible draft nets us, unfortunately.  I'm sure no Bobby Hart fan....don't get me wrong, but the deal is not as bad as it was on the face.

The misses on Fisher and Ced keep crushing us. Like a series of dominos.

(03-12-2019, 04:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There were scouts that said Risner should be a 7th Round pick.

Of course we'd lock into him!

They are drunk. Find better scouts. He is a day 2 pick all day.

(03-12-2019, 04:11 PM)Au165 Wrote: They are drunk. Find better scouts. He is a day 2 pick all day.

I'd be ok with him 2nd Round or lower.

At #11 no way.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Synric - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 04:08 PM)MentalRage Wrote: Risner can play C, G and OT. I'd guess he would probably play RG for the Bengals.

Point is they are out there talking to top OL prospects. Kansas State just happened to be early on the pro day schedule.

(03-12-2019, 04:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd be ok with him 2nd Round or lower.

At #11 no way.

I believe we trade back with a QB on the board at 11. I have this sneaking suspicion the Giants don't like Haskins but the Redskins really want a QB, not named Case Keenum. That could pocket us another day 2 pick.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 04:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The misses on Fisher and Ced keep crushing us. Like a series of dominos.

There is no doubt in my mind to that.....gambling on them, letting Whit walk as a result....leads us to where we are now.  Sure, signing Hart isn't exactly what many folks would have wanted.....but what if we let Hart walk and signed one of those two? Shocked

That's the only thing that makes it reasonable, and it's not a horrible reason.

(03-12-2019, 04:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: I believe we trade back with a QB on the board at 11. I have this sneaking suspicion the Giants don't like Haskins but the Redskins really want a QB, not named Case Keenum. That could pocket us another day 2 pick.

IF Haskins is there at #11...I think there's a chance that we'd take him.

My theory is we have lineman in place for this year. Not good ones, but we have the positions filled.

We need another LB. I'd do 2, but they may bank on Burfict. We have a TE.

They're kind of freed up to go BPA which might be a QB.

(03-12-2019, 04:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: I believe we trade back with a QB on the board at 11. I have this sneaking suspicion the Giants don't like Haskins but the Redskins really want a QB, not named Case Keenum. That could pocket us another day 2 pick.

Shit man, we need a backer.....

(03-12-2019, 04:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: Shit man, we need a backer.....

I think that move to 15 could include Zach Brown from Washington. I then think at 15 you have an option for Bush still or you slide back again to the late 1st and consider Mack Wilson. 

(03-12-2019, 04:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: Shit man, we need a backer.....

LJ Fort.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - jj22 - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 04:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF Haskins is there at #11...I think there's a chance that we'd take him.

My theory is we have lineman in place for this year. Not good ones, but we have the positions filled.

We need another LB. I'd do 2, but they may bank on Burfict. We have a TE.

They're kind of freed up to go BPA which might be a QB.

Or Guard. But at 11? Cody Ford, or Jonah Williams (who I think can play tackle) but might be worth drafting to play guard for a year.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - psychdoctor - 03-12-2019

I really want White at 11 but Lions could snag him.

I am preparing myself for the Bengals to take Hockenson TE at 11. Even if Bengals reach a deal with Eifert, you cannot count on him. Bengals will grab a TE in round one or two. I do not see them grabbing an OT until maybe round 3-4 range.

Keep an eye on Chuma Edoga OT in round 4.

(03-12-2019, 04:18 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think that move to 15 could include Zach Brown from Washington. I then think at 15 you have an option for Bush still or you slide back again to the late 1st and consider Mack Wilson. 

I could dig that.....

(03-12-2019, 04:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: LJ Fort.

No cap space man! LMAO

(03-12-2019, 04:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: Or Guard. But at 11? Cody Ford, or Jonah Williams (who I think can play tackle) but might be worth drafting to play guard for a year.

The Hopkins tender was interesting, I think he is our guard this year. I honestly think we go tackle day 2 (2nd or 3rd) then go guard on day 3 at some point. Maybe on a deep trade back into the 20's we could see an o lineman if we acquired additional day 2 picks.

We were at Risner's pro day, look to see who we send to OU's tomorrow. I think we will be at a lot of the tackle's pro days still. If we end up at Washington State that's a really good sign as there isn't much else there for us.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - I_C_DeadPeople - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 04:18 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think that move to 15 could include Zach Brown from Washington. I then think at 15 you have an option for Bush still or you slide back again to the late 1st and consider Mack Wilson. 

You give far too much 'thinking' and 'planning' credit to this team. The Pats, yes, but Mikey and crew never think that far ahead. 

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - NKURyan - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 04:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: The Hopkins tender was interesting, I think he is our guard this year. I honestly think we go tackle day 2 (2nd or 3rd) then go guard on day 3 at some point. Maybe on a deep trade back into the 20's we could see an o lineman if we acquired additional day 2 picks.

We were at Risner's pro day, look to see who we send to OU's tomorrow. I think we will be at a lot of the tackle's pro days still. If we end up at Washington State that's a really good sign as there isn't much else there for us.

Are we 100% sure it won't be Hopkins at center and Price at guard? I seem to recall the idea being floated out there at some point last season...

I don't think they'll move Price around but you never know.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Benton - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 04:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: https://overthecap.com/player/bobby-hart/4074/

If that's correct, it's not a horrible deal. They would've overpaid for a year, but they can cut him without losing much

(03-12-2019, 04:43 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Are we 100% sure it won't be Hopkins at center and Price at guard? I seem to recall the idea being floated out there at some point last season...

I don't think they'll move Price around but you never know.

I was about to post the same thing.

Hopkins seems better at C than Guard.

Price was pretty bad at Center. But, all of the other Rookie Centers drafted high last year played Guard in Year 1.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - RunKijanaRun - 03-12-2019

It's difficult to find a silver lining in Cincinnati's move to re-sign Hart, who was cut by the Giants last year amid concerns that he had quit on the team. (Hart would later deny those claims.) The 24-year-old cleared waivers and went to injured reserve before signing a one-year deal during the offseason with the Bengals, who eventually installed the Florida State product as their starting right tackle.

Here's where would I normally say things went well and led the Bengals to sign Hart to a long-term deal. That isn't really what happened. Hart appears to have played pretty poorly in his debut season with the Bengals. While he stayed healthy and started all 16 games for the first time in his pro career, the former seventh-round pick allowed 11.5 sacks, per Stats LLC. Hart also committed 14 penalties, which tied him for fourth in the league. Nine of those penalties were false starts, which you can spin in either direction; a Hart supporter could suggest that Hart will cut out the false starts with experience, while a detractor might find it frustrating that Hart can't manage to line up and get off the snap on time on a regular basis.

Either way, Hart hasn't shown much suggesting he's even a competent NFL tackle. Incoming offensive line coach Jim Turner hand-waved away the concerns about sacks and pressures by talking about how Hart has played with passion, but the bottoms of NFL rosters and practice squads are full of players who have passion. It's not hard to find a player who cares. The Bengals are paying Hart to be an effective NFL lineman, and he simply isn't one. I can't imagine that Cincinnati guaranteed more than one season to Hart as part of this three-year pact. Since he is just 24, the Bengals would be in position to keep Hart around if he does break out, but this doesn't appear to solve Cincinnati's offensive line woes. If anything, the signing solidifies them.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26152205/barnwell-2019-nfl-free-agency-trade-grades-tracking-every-big-signing-move