Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase (/Thread-Report-Burrow-pushing-for-Bengals-to-draft-Chase)

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Whatever - 03-30-2021

(03-30-2021, 12:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sewell has good technique and power right now. It's funny how, someone says he's "not as polished" as a guy like Slater and all of the sudden, the guy is raw, needs coaching up, on the ground too much, etc etc, like he's nothing like the guy everyone saw last season. 

He's a big strong fast young physical freak that will step in day one and be a stud. 

Not saying Sewell doesn't, but Nelson was still better in those areas.  He was a top 10 pick as a pure G that everyone knew couldn't play T. 

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-30-2021

(03-30-2021, 12:40 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Nate I do agree. I am not sold on Sewell. He may be great he may not. If they think he is not the answer then so be it. I am not a scout for sure. I just feel for the last couple years we see during the season we need to address the line hard but as the draft gets closer we all get Jerry Jones eyes and look at the shiny toys rather than the building blocks.

I just think it is cause we get to know the players better and know the Draft better. Of course we were all wanting OL in the 
first late last season cause it was our biggest weakness all year besides pass rush. Once you get to know what positions are 
deep in the Draft it alters at least my perceptions a bit. I still want Sewell and would be more than fine with him but who 
knows if guys like Eichenberg and Cosmi end up being better pros.

They are more pro ready in my opinion than Sewell who is raw, just don't have his crazy upside.

Pitts and then getting a Guard or one of these Ends might be the best way to go for all we know.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-30-2021

(03-29-2021, 11:15 PM)Whatever Wrote: Sewell is a great pick, but he's a pick that pays dividends 2-3 years down the road.  If they take him, I expect him to start, but if he even grades out in the 60's I'd be happy.  Rookie OL are rarely difference makers.  That's one reason why I think Chase will be the pick.  Taylor's seat is heating up and he's is most likely to be an immediate difference maker out of Sewell, Chase, and Pitts.

Feel the same, nice post Whatever. Rock On

(03-29-2021, 11:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Close! He's 7th in efficiency and least amount of pressures. 

Thanks, thought he was up there in pass protection, Hopkins needs to work on his run blocking.

(03-30-2021, 12:37 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nate...USC plays in the same conference that Oregon does. Ninja

Yes, just that the Fisher pick is kind of what I mean when I said that.

(03-30-2021, 12:40 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't really wanna see anyone drafted on the D side until the 5th round or later. 

4th for me, especially if there is a good pass rusher like Patrick Jones or Nixon or Darius Stills.

(03-30-2021, 01:04 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Since some of y'all done forgot. Refresh yourselves. 

Thanks for the vid, he is a major talent. But I also saw like Earendil some holding in this vid by Sewell that he will not get 
away with here. He will need to learn to keep his hands further inside the Defenders body playing in the NFL.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Sled21 - 03-30-2021

(03-30-2021, 11:13 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Unless we trade the #5 pick, I agree were taking Chase. 

This roster needs play makers and he automatically gives you one.  

You're not going to get a play maker in the same mold of Chase or Pitts in the 2nd or 3rd round. 

Yeah, I was all in on Sewell, but with the signing of Reiff, we have our tackles, at least for a year. Grab Chase in 1, pick up a couple of more linemen along the way in the draft, and if Reiff doesn't re-sign or hold up pick a tackle in the 1st round next year.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - bengals67 - 03-30-2021

we have one player in the Hall of Fame- Munoz

Let's pass on a tackle who has that type of potential for a WR.

Typical Mike Brown move.

What would the Steelers or the Ravens do with the fifth pick and the choice was a WR, TE, or a potential  franchise left tackle?

How many playoff games did we win after we picked AJ- assuming that Chase will be anything close to AJ?

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Frank Booth - 03-30-2021

(03-30-2021, 02:31 PM)bengals67 Wrote: we have one player in the Hall of Fame- Munoz

Typical Mike Brown move.

What would the Steelers or the Ravens do with the fifth pick and the choice was a WR, TE, or a potential  franchise left tackle?

How many playoff games did we win after we picked AJ- assuming that Chase will be anything close to AJ?

that's the hall of fame's problem, not cincy's

we already know Ken Riley and Anderson should be in there as well

(03-30-2021, 02:31 PM)bengals67 Wrote: we have one player in the Hall of Fame- Munoz

Typical Mike Brown move.

So you're thinking Sewell has a better chance of getting in that Ken Anderson, Kenny Riley, Willie Anderson, Max Montoya, Isaac Curtis, etc.? There's a problem getting players to the Hall, but it's not drafting Wide Receivers.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-30-2021

Typical Mike Brown move.

We've been to two Super Bowls. With 2 different QBs. Who both were NFL MVPs.

Someone refresh my memory, who played LT on both those teams?

We should take Sewell. Hands down.

We will take Chase. Because Mike Brown is a dumbass who has not learned anything in 30 years.

Typical Mike Brown move.

The Bengals have drafted 7 OL in the 1st compared to 3 WR's in the Mike Brown era.  I don't see how Chase is a typical MB move.  Sewell is actually the typical MB move.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - GodFather - 03-30-2021

Burrow in an interview said to management, "After what happened this season, you owe me!" in relation to getting Chase in a Bengals uniform.

Link below

Burrow Comments On Chase

(03-30-2021, 02:51 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We've been to two Super Bowls. With 2 different QBs. Who both were NFL MVPs.

Someone refresh my memory, who played LT on both those teams?

We should take Sewell. Hands down.

We will take Chase. Because Mike Brown is a dumbass who has not learned anything in 30 years.

You're assuming Sewell is the next Anthony Munoz. That's a big assumption for a guy who played 1.5 years of college ball.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - rfaulk34 - 03-30-2021

(03-30-2021, 01:11 PM)Earendil Wrote: That's a good video, but it looked to me like he gets away with a lot of holding.  He might get away with that in the NFL if he played for the Steelers, but not us.

Then again, I don't watch college football that much, so maybe that's normal.

Like they pointed out in that video, if the hands are kept inside--he called it "legal holding"--(and you keep the defender in front of you) you're going to get away with it a lot, in college and the pros. It's when the defender gets outside the framework of your body and you restrict his movement, that you see the flag...most times.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nicomo Cosca - 03-30-2021

(03-30-2021, 03:52 PM)Whatever Wrote: The Bengals have drafted 7 OL in the 1st compared to 3 WR's in the Mike Brown era.  I don't see how Chase is a typical MB move.  Sewell is actually the typical MB move.

There you go again letting facts get in the way of a well established board narrative.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - rfaulk34 - 03-30-2021

(03-30-2021, 01:20 PM)Whatever Wrote: Not saying Sewell doesn't, but Nelson was still better in those areas.  He was a top 10 pick as a pure G that everyone knew couldn't play T. 

No doubt. I just think he has the ability to play to that level. 

(03-30-2021, 04:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There you go again letting facts get in the way of a well established board narrative.

Yup.  Pretty sad.  Here's breakdown of 1st round picks in the MB era....

OL-7
DB-6
QB-4
DL-4
LB-4
WR-3
RB-2
TE-2

Note that I counted Reinard Wilson as a DE since he was an edge and played both 4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB in his time here.  

I'm not saying Sewell is for sure Munoz or that Chase is for sure AJ.

But who would you rather have- Munoz or AJ?

Which of those guys went to a Super Bowl?

what I am saying is no one wins the Super Bowl because they have a top 5 WR. They mostly win because they have great lines that control the line of scrimmage both ways and a great QB who has time to go through his progressions.

I do not see how Bengals can turn down the best o lineman in this draft- Sewell or the northwestern guy who they probably can get with the 8th pick, for a WR who best case scenario might be AJ or Julio Jones, both of whom are great plyers. 

Same BS reasoning led to John Ross. 

( and the two  OTs we picked in the same year were not the consensus  top one or two O leman in that draft. They were guys Alexander loved at the place they were drafted. Ogbuehi was 21 and Fisher was 53.  That is a bad comparison)

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nicomo Cosca - 03-30-2021

(03-30-2021, 05:30 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I'm not saying Sewell is for sure Munoz or that Chase is for sure AJ.

But who would you rather have- Munoz or AJ?

Which of those guys went to a Super Bowl?

what I am saying is no one wins the Super Bowl because they have a top 5 WR. They mostly win because they have great lines that control the line of scrimmage both ways and a great QB who has time to go through his progressions.

I do not see how Bengals can turn down the best o lineman in this draft- Sewell or the northwestern guy who they probably can get with the 8th pick, for a WR who best case scenario might be AJ or Julio Jones, both of whom are great plyers. 

Same BS reasoning led to John Ross. 

( and the two  OTs we picked in the same year were not the consensus  top one or two O leman in that draft. They were guys Alexander loved at the place they were drafted. Ogbuehi was 21 and Fisher was 53.  That is a bad comparison)

Jerry Rice says hello.

(03-30-2021, 04:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There you go again letting facts get in the way of a well established board narrative.

I respectfully disagree and I don't know why folks cannot just debate these issues.

Comparing Sewell or the northwestern kid to Ogbuehi ( taken at 21) or Fisher ( taken at 53) is not a good comparison to two guys who are consensus top 10 picks and the consensus top 2 lineman.

So we shouldn't have draft Levi Jones and Zeitler?

Price has been a disaster and he was a product of extremely poor scouting by our inept scouting department. They reached for Price because of horrible play at the center position and he went at 21. Not even close to a consensus top 10 pick and I bet if we did the research several had him rated as a second round pick or lower.

I cannot recall the other o lineman taken in first round by Mike Brown but they were not top ten selections.

O line is the worst position group on the team ( or tied with LBs) and I doubt that many teams in similar situations would pass on Sewell or Slater particularly when you need to protect you brilliant prospect at QB before he becomes David Carr.

Everything starts and ends with your offensive line.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - jj22 - 03-30-2021

The fact that we have to go all the way back to Jerry Rice speaks volumes.