Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow Recruiting Collins - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow Recruiting Collins (/Thread-Burrow-Recruiting-Collins)

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Au165 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 12:05 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: watch him go to miami because they’re extremely desperate

and they’re always on the cusp of making the playoffs, but never can get that extra win

Miami is fighting to stay in it as of last night.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - jfkbengals - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 12:01 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Well don’t say you think he’s inaccurate if you can’t remember any examples.

Except I made a statement of opinion, even directly stating that I don't have specific examples for my opinion.  I even stated that I might study his accuracy in the future.

Try reading and comprehending the entire post before replying.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Rubekahn29 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 12:06 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Except I made a statement of opinion, even directly stating that I don't have specific examples for my opinion.  I even stated that I might study his accuracy in the future.

Try reading and comprehending the entire post before replying.

Well wait until you study him if you’re just going to throw out rediculous statements. It’s like saying I think Marvin Lewis as a Bengals head coach, has won a playoff game but I can’t remember him actually doing so. Try being more logical with your posts, and you won’t seem like you don’t know what you are talking about.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Vas Deferens - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 12:02 PM)Au165 Wrote: They are protecting the info more this off-season than last. You almost have to get the info from people outside the organization via the players coming in, that’s how I knew about Kappa and mentioned it on the discord.

There’s a discord now?

Banned! Get ‘em out of here. GO —->

(03-19-2022, 12:09 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: There’s a discord now?

Banned! Get ‘em out of here. GO —->

There is, we need more people in there! Especially by the time we get to the draft, much prefer real time conversations there.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Schmitbuck - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 11:05 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I don't see him signing here immediately.

He's seen our offer, and I feel like it will be a very fair deal but he will want more.

My hunch is he will leave town and take some other visits and look at other offers.  He came he immediately after being released, after all.

If he was happy with everything else going on here, he will give us an opportunity to match, otherwise we move on to the next option.
Hedging against possible disappointment of him signing elsewhere. I do that too.  Wink

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - QueenCity - 03-19-2022

Sucks that we haven't locked him up yet.... really do not want him to board a flight without a deal done.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Schmitbuck - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 12:11 PM)Au165 Wrote: There is, we need more people in there! Especially by the time we get to the draft, much prefer real time conversations there.

I'm in once I get my post count up. Already spend a lot of time on there for the stock market. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Sled21 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 11:59 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's insane to me the lack of insider info our beat guys have on stuff. They've had absolutely zero info over the years about any of the organizational happenings. Especially FA.

You can't blame the beat writers because the team does not have the leaks other teams do.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Sled21 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 12:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: Miami is fighting to stay in it as of last night.

Block for Burrow or Tua. No brainer.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - psychdoctor - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 12:09 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: There’s a discord now?  

Banned!  Get ‘em out of here.  GO —->

Make sure you change your discord name to the name you use in the Bengals board.  

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - bfine32 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 12:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: Miami is fighting to stay in it as of last night.

He'd be more valuable to Miami than Cincy. Remember, he'd be guarding Tua's blind side. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Nicomo Cosca - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 12:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He'd be more valuable to Miami than Cincy. Remember, he'd be guarding Tua's blind side. 

No way I’d go to that organization after the shenanigans with their owner.

(03-19-2022, 12:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He'd be more valuable to Miami than Cincy. Remember, he'd be guarding Tua's blind side. 

As odd as it sounds it doesn’t really work that way. A RT is a RT no matter the QB, mainly because your starting left handed QB can very quickly be replaced by a right handed and you aren’t paying a “blind side” premium because of that. Especially when Tua’s future is still a bit up in the air down there.

Now he may simply be worth more to Miami because of McDaniels background in SF and the value they place on O Line.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - jfkbengals - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 12:11 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Hedging against possible disappointment of him signing elsewhere. I do that too.  Wink

Not exactly.

I see him as a bit of a money chaser.  It goes back to his draft slide and announcement that he wouldn't report to any team that drafted him in the later rounds.  It seems to me as if he is a guy whose only care is the money, and thus might pass on playing for a contender if it means a bigger contract elsewhere.

Who knows.  Maybe he signs with us for league minimum since he's already made a ton and can insure Joey B, Tee, Bates, Wilson, and Chase can get theirs when the time comes.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Fan_in_Kettering - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 12:34 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not exactly.

I see him as a bit of a money chaser.  It goes back to his draft slide and announcement that he wouldn't report to any team that drafted him in the later rounds. 

This is sad if true and if this is a “get a ring or get paid” debate in La’el Collins’ mind — or in that of his agent — the Bengals might not be his top pick.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - jeremydc - 03-19-2022

I’m over it. If he’s signed. All good, if not all good

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - jeremydc - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 12:14 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Sucks that we haven't locked him up yet.... really do not want him to board a flight without a deal done.

If he boards, he’s as good as done.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - rfaulk34 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 11:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If we took him to Gold Star instead of Skyline we don’t deserve to sign him.

I agree, unless you're in the mood for garlic parmesan fries. That's the one exception that would allow a trip through those doors. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Whatever - 03-19-2022

I'd disagree with this.  Myles Garrett and TJ Watt primarily line up on the strong side, where Collins will be.