Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jake Browning appreciation thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Jake Browning appreciation thread (/Thread-Jake-Browning-appreciation-thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - QueenCity - 12-23-2023

Pay the man!!!

In all seriousness I think today vs the Steelers will be really telling on if he can beat a great defense (although a bit banged up)

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - SladeX - 12-23-2023

He should. Down 2 starters and one 2nd string safety. Our safeties are finally gelling the past few weeks. In all fairness, much of this rests on the shoulders of the coaching staff finding ways to exploit this…

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - KillerGoose - 12-23-2023

I will say that we can't just assume that become Thompson and Killebrew are backups that they suck. These dudes are still very capable NFL players. Also, Pittsburgh is another highly aggressive defense with an All-World pass rusher on their side. This is set up to be another tough game for Browning. They love to play two deep and you'll see plenty of late rotations and replacements. They're also happy to run a two-high man and bet on Watt getting to you or forcing a checkdown.

The Bengals could really, really benefit from a strong rushing performance today to try to get Pittsburgh to bring someone down. I said this last week for the Vikings but leaning on the rushing game a bit and allowing Browning to work off play-action and RPOs is what I would like to see. The Steelers defense loves to run downhill.

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - Nicomo Cosca - 12-23-2023

I’m appreciating him a little less. :ninja:

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - Bengalion - 12-23-2023

He played like Jameis Winston today. The first INT he threw today was a complete joke.

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - Tony - 12-23-2023

All he did was make me miss Burrow even more...

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI - 12-23-2023

The glass slipper fell off tonight.  The Steelers with backup safeties and a decimated LB corp made Browning look like a backup HS QB.  3 INTS that were unnecessary and lucky there weren't 3 more INTS. Trying to force the ball into triple coverage, throwing it up for grabs instead of tossing it out of bounds, and throwing across his body into the middle of the field.  WTF Jake?!?!? 

I don't know if the environment of Pittsburgh got to Jake's head or what in the hell went wrong, but he looked bad, very bad.  Spags with a healthy defense in KC is licking his chops when we travel there next week, and I have a feeling that's going to get ugly really fast.  I guess it is back to the drawing board.

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - Synric - 12-23-2023

Does everyone remember in 2022 when Joe Burrow practicing spacing during the week while the team was doing position drills? Jake Browning needs to do the same thing.

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-24-2023

(12-23-2023, 09:40 PM)Bengalion Wrote: He played like Jameis Winston today. The first INT he threw today was a complete joke.

Seriously, WTF was that? Was he trying to throw it away? There wasn't a soul in the area code. LOL

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - Destro - 12-24-2023

People make the same mistakes over and over with a back-up QB who comes in and does well. All of a sudden, people go nuts like it is Brady 2.0 when some largely unknown does well. Even when we just played one of the flash in the pans: Gardner Minshew. Even this year, Josh Dobbs was hot stuff until he was benched, that Italian kid in NY, etc.

Floating somewhere around just below half playoff possible teams are not on their week 1 starter. Backups can and do win, but they are usually backups for a reason. Ours, i think, is better than most, even though he is not the one I wanted. Team started bad, had a few decent games, and when Burrow went down for good, it was over.

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - bfine32 - 12-24-2023

The guy just came off 3 great games. No doubt he laid an egg yesterday, but until proven otherwise that's what I'm going to chalk it up as. I'm sure, he. Zac, and Joe will spend quite a bit of time in the film room over the holidays. Hopefully, he bounces back.

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI - 12-24-2023

(12-24-2023, 08:17 AM)Wyche Wrote: Seriously, WTF was that? Was he trying to throw it away? There wasn't a soul in the area code. LOL
Except for three Steelers DBs in the back of the endzone.  I guess Irwin was around the 5-yard line, but WTF Browning?!?!?!  That was so bad, so very bad. A backup HS QB knows better than to do that.   It would have been a 7-3 game if he didn't throw it up for grabs.   That wasn't all he was forcing the ball and throwing into triple coverage.  Really, he could have thrown six INTS.

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - KillerGoose - 12-24-2023

(12-24-2023, 12:44 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Except for three Steelers DBs in the back of the endzone.  I guess Irwin was around the 5-yard line, but WTF Browning?!?!?!  That was so bad, so very bad. A backup HS QB knows better than to do that.   It would have been a 7-3 game if he didn't throw it up for grabs.   That wasn't all he was forcing the ball and throwing into triple coverage.  Really, he could have thrown six INTS.

Watching Browning's press conference, he was trying to throw the ball away apparently. He just messed it up. Even he said "I don't really know, I was surprised it went where it did. I was just trying to throw it away."

Jake Browning appreciation thread - The D.O.Z. - 12-24-2023

I'm not worried about Jake, he's a backup for a reason. "Shitting the bed vs Pittsburgh" is an organizational thing, a tradition. A "We've Seen This Movie Before" thing. They could add it to "death and taxes" when it comes to life's certainties.

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - casear2727 - 12-24-2023

(12-16-2023, 10:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Then your football knowledge may not be up to your standards. Maybe you’ve been projecting your insecurities on others. He can go to a mid team that has pieces like Washington, Saints, ATL. 

Teams he could lay as good as their current starters at least. Teams out of the QB range in the first round of the draft.

Hmmm, those that actually know are always eventually proven correct, but you keep on with your expert analysis.

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - casear2727 - 12-24-2023

(12-24-2023, 12:00 PM)Destro Wrote: People make the same mistakes over and over with a back-up QB who comes in and does well. All of a sudden, people go nuts like it is Brady 2.0 when some largely unknown does well. Even when we just played one of the flash in the pans: Gardner Minshew. Even this year, Josh Dobbs was hot stuff until he was benched, that Italian kid in NY, etc.

Floating somewhere around just below half playoff possible teams are not on their week 1 starter. Backups can and do win, but they are usually backups for a reason. Ours, i think, is better than most, even though he is not the one I wanted. Team started bad, had a few decent games, and when Burrow went down for good, it was over.

Exactly.

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - Bengalfan4life27c - 12-24-2023

His 2 games against the Steelers have been awful. The Middle was wide open on nearly every play Browning didn't throw their enough Browning ball tends to flutter a smidge on outside throws due to arm strength issues the Chad Pennington comparison on the broadcast appears to be accurate.

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - Destro - 12-24-2023

(12-24-2023, 01:44 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: His 2 games against the Steelers have been awful.  The Middle was wide open on nearly every play Browning didn't throw their enough Browning ball tends to flutter a smidge on outside throws due to arm strength issues the Chad Pennington comparison on the broadcast appears to be accurate.

Even in a year where I accepted that Bengals were not making a championship run ( and even may not be competitive at times ) but I absolutely wanted to beat the Steelers. Sure I want to beat the Browns and Ravens, too, but I just want a Steelers beat down above all else.  

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - Timanky12 - 12-24-2023

The problem with the bengals offense, is that they start out slow. How many screen passes or passes behind the line to start the last 4 games. Too predictable. They never open it up until the half is almost over.

RE: Jake Browning appreciation thread - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-24-2023

(12-24-2023, 12:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The guy just came off 3 great games. No doubt he laid an egg yesterday, but until proven otherwise that's what I'm going to chalk it up as. I'm sure, he. Zac, and Joe will spend quite a bit of time in the film room over the holidays. Hopefully, he bounces back.

All jokes aside, he still put up decent numbers yesterday....it was just those three really bad throws...and the one that Yoshi just happened to catch. I actually think he was trying to throw that one away too, but the pressure was in his face.

(12-24-2023, 12:44 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Except for three Steelers DBs in the back of the endzone.  I guess Irwin was around the 5-yard line, but WTF Browning?!?!?!  That was so bad, so very bad. A backup HS QB knows better than to do that.   It would have been a 7-3 game if he didn't throw it up for grabs.   That wasn't all he was forcing the ball and throwing into triple coverage.  Really, he could have thrown six INTS.

Yeah, there were a few bad throws/decisions. I think he meant to throw that one away, because it was WAY over Irwin's head. It was just a terrible attempt at getting it out of the end zone or out of bounds. 

(12-24-2023, 01:15 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Watching Browning's press conference, he was trying to throw the ball away apparently. He just messed it up. Even he said "I don't really know, I was surprised it went where it did. I was just trying to throw it away."

That's what it looked like, IDK what happened, but it looked bad. Really bad, lol.