Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
We Will Live And Die By This Offensive Line - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: We Will Live And Die By This Offensive Line (/Thread-We-Will-Live-And-Die-By-This-Offensive-Line)

Pages: 1 2

RE: We Will Live And Die By This Offensive Line - Fan_in_Kettering - 04-30-2017

(04-30-2017, 12:56 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: here is repaired... two young tackles being put in their right positions.. getting all the reps.. finishing a full preseason ... it seems you are just assuming they can not improve.. hell they have barely played and have limited reps ... plus a veteran in Smith stays healthy and maybe you forgot that we draft a guard last year in Westerman and Johnson has been improving.  

Guess their has to be improve by these players but you don;t know if any drafted player would have been any better.. you can only assume just like i am

These are all great points. My issue isn't with the players. My issue is with their coach.

RE: We Will Live And Die By This Offensive Line - CageTheBengal - 04-30-2017

Wish we had Whit but we have a 1st and 2nd round pick and it's their time to step up.

RE: We Will Live And Die By This Offensive Line - t3r3e3 - 04-30-2017

It appears that the Bengals are playing the smartest guy in the room card this year, for better or worse. The line was below average last year, and the worst offenders have been promoted to critical positions. While there weren't stud tackles in this draft, there were quality guards and centers. There's potentially more hubris in the decision to roll with these underachievers than a Greek Tragedy. Best case, the tackles and a recovering from injury AndreSmith become league average contributors. Worst case, Jeff Driskel gets starter snaps at some point in the season.

RE: We Will Live And Die By This Offensive Line - Socal Bengals fan - 04-30-2017

(04-29-2017, 10:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If not repaired, the offensive line will make Joe Mixon look like a total bust.  I do not want that to happen.

This  .   I'm afraid of

RE: We Will Live And Die By This Offensive Line - J24 - 04-30-2017

(04-30-2017, 01:40 AM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: They were thinking this is the inveitable outcome of living in the salary cap day and age. You can't have great players at every position anymore.

But you can pay  average players elite numbers?

RE: We Will Live And Die By This Offensive Line - eoxyod - 04-30-2017

My biggest fear with this line is that we have NO other options at LT besides Ced. Even if he plays well but gets hurt, we are screwed

RE: We Will Live And Die By This Offensive Line - Ricky Spanish - 04-30-2017

Would be nice if they used that franchise tag to keep Whit one more season.