Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary (/Thread-Alabama-state-official-defends-Roy-Moore-citing-Joseph-and-Mary)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - BmorePat87 - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 12:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Moore was accused of sexual misconduct toward children. I do not consider the two situations similar at all and took issue with the comparison.

Hopefully my attempt to make an ass out of myself was to your satisfaction. 

Whatever makes you feel right in your own mind, run with it, bud. 

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - BmorePat87 - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 12:56 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, I did find it a bit off putting, as I responded to your entire post.  I only added the final sentence as an afterthought, and that was the only thing that you chose to remark on. 

That's fair, no disrespect meant. 

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - bfine32 - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 01:02 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Whatever makes you feel right in your own mind, run with it, bud. 

Not sure there was an attempt to "make me feel right"; simply voicing my disagreeing with the comparison of the two situations in both political status and content.

However, you win and I will desist "bud"  before I get suspended for a personal back and forth and derailing the thread. You're good. 

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Benton - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 12:20 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He's currently the most powerful politician who has experienced the same thing. It's the most relevant immediate comparison. 

I dunno. Not that trumps admitted sexual assaults are leaps better, but I don’t recall him assaulting kids. Seems like apples and pears (closer than apples and oranges, but still not super similar).

(11-10-2017, 01:17 AM)Benton Wrote: I dunno. Not that trumps admitted sexual assaults are leaps better, but I don’t recall him assaulting kids. Seems like apples and pears (closer than apples and oranges, but still not super similar).

Are you giving him a pass for the teen pageant thing then, or does that not register on the radar?

Not that I think I need to include that as I'm just discussing someone's response to a general accusation of sexual misconduct, which, no matter the details, should be a rejection of the act on moral grounds and not just an excuse as to why the accusers should be dismissed. 

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Benton - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 01:31 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Are you giving him a pass for the teen pageant thing then, or does that not register on the radar?

Not that I think I need to include that as I'm just discussing someone's response to a general accusation of sexual misconduct, which, no matter the details, should be a rejection of the act on moral grounds and not just an excuse as to why the accusers should be dismissed. 

I guess I’m unfamiliar with the teen pageant thing. If trump was trump with teens, then he’s as allegedly bad as Moore is allegedly.

(11-10-2017, 01:35 AM)Benton Wrote: I guess I’m unfamiliar with the teen pageant thing. If trump was trump with teens, then he’s as allegedly bad as Moore is allegedly.

4 contestants alleged he came in as they were partially naked and he made no attempt to leave saying he has seen it all before. One person was quoted saying Ivanka's response at the time was "yea, he does that". He has claimed before that he did that with the Miss USA pageant. 

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Vas Deferens - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 12:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Absolutely no excuses for this type of action if true. Kudos to my boys Mitch, Pence, and others from the GOP disregarding politics and seeing this for what it is

This is crass. By praising your GOP idols you are downgrading the suffering inflicted on the victim. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Mods. Please delete every post this heathen has ever posted.

See how that works? Pathetic.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Belsnickel - 11-10-2017

To the whole Trump comparison, IIRC there was someone that accused him of sexual misconduct while they were a minor. Wasn't she the one with the lawsuit that got dropped because of death threats.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - GMDino - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 08:13 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: To the whole Trump comparison, IIRC there was someone that accused him of sexual misconduct while they were a minor. Wasn't she the one with the lawsuit that got dropped because of death threats.

Aye.  In fact I had to change the title of the thread about that because some of the more delicate types had a problem with it.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - bfine32 - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 02:41 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: This is crass.  By praising your GOP idols you are downgrading the suffering inflicted on the victim.   You should be ashamed of yourself.  

Mods.  Please delete every post this heathen has ever posted.

See how that works?   Pathetic.

By praising those that speak out against an act I am downgrading the suffering inflicted on the victim?

Did that make sense in your head? 

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Vas Deferens - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 02:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: By praising those that speak out against an act I am downgrading the suffering inflicted on the victim?

Did that make sense in your head? 

according to many the only righteous thing to do is offer thoughts and prayers and go about your day. 

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - michaelsean - 11-13-2017

Could have entitled this thread "Christian right turns against Moore and his defenders."

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Belsnickel - 11-13-2017

(11-13-2017, 01:09 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Could have entitled this thread "Christian right turns against Moore and his defenders."

I'll have to see if I can find it, but I saw data where evangelical Christians went from 30 something percent to 70 something when it came to willingness to support a morally bankrupt candidate between 2011 (IIRC) and 2017.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Benton - 11-13-2017

(11-13-2017, 01:11 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'll have to see if I can find it, but I saw data where evangelical Christians went from 30 something percent to 70 something when it came to willingness to support a morally bankrupt candidate between 2011 (IIRC) and 2017.

I'd believe it. 

I was surprised by how many people — including people I go to church with — that said it didn't matter what bad things Trump had done, that a higher power could still use him for good. The conversation usually ended if you said "So, He can use Hillary, too?"

Most people don't even want to try any more. They just want their side to fix things... even if their side isn't really their's any more.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - StLucieBengal - 11-13-2017

http://www.dailywire.com/news/23493/breaking-gloria-allred-present-second-alleged-roy-ben-shapiro

Welp Gloria Allred is now involved. So this basically puts this whole deal in doubt. She obviously can’t be taken Seriously

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - GMDino - 11-14-2017

https://www.thedailybeast.com/woman-says-roy-moore-tried-to-rape-her-at-16-i-was-begging-him-to-stop

Quote:Woman Says Roy Moore Tried to Rape Her When She Was 16 and Signed Her Yearbook

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.55)]Beverly Young Nelson issued the most serious allegation yet against the Republican candidate for Senate, saying he choked her and said, ‘You’re just a child.’

[/color]
A woman on Monday accused Roy Moore of attempting to rape her when she was 16.

Beverly Young Nelson is the fifth woman to accuse the Alabama Republican candidate for Senate of sexual misconduct and the first woman to accuse him of attempted rape. During a press conference with attorney Gloria Allred, Nelson said Moore trapped her in his car 40 years ago, choked her, and tried to take off her clothes before she fought him off.

Nelson said she first met Moore at the Olde Hickory House restaurant in Gadsen, Alabama, where she said she began working at age 15.

“Mr. Roy Moore was a regular customer,” she said. “He came in almost every night and he would stay until closing time. He sat at the counter in the same seat, night after night. And I remember exactly where he sat.”

Moore complimented Nelson on her looks but she did not encourage or respond to his flirtations, she said. “I was not interested in having a dating or sexual relationship with a man that was twice my age,” Nelson said.

One night at the restaurant, Nelson said Moore, 30, signed her high school yearbook: “To a sweeter more beautiful girl I could not say Merry Christmas. Christmas 1977. Love, Roy Moore, D.A. 12-22-77 Olde Hickory House.”
[Image: Screen_Shot_2017-11-13_at_3.02.21_PM_rixaew]
SCREENSHOT

At least a week later, Nelson said Moore offered to give her a ride home after her shift ended. Nelson said she accepted the offer and planned to call her boyfriend after she arrived home. Instead of getting on the highway, she alleged, Moore parked in the back of the restaurant. Nelson said she then asked Moore what he was doing.

“Instead of answering my question, Mr. Moore reached over and began groping me, putting his hands on my breasts,” Nelson said through tears.

“I tried to open my car door to leave, but he reached over and locked it so I could not get out. I tried fighting him off, while yelling at him to stop, but instead of stopping he began squeezing my neck attempting to force my head onto his crotch. I continued to struggle. I was determined that I was not going to allow him to force me to have sex with him. I was terrified. He was also trying to pull my shirt off. I thought that he was going to rape me. I was twisting and struggling and begging him to stop. I had tears running down my face.

“At some point he gave up. He then looked at me and said, ‘You are a child. I am the District Attorney of Etowah County. ‘If you tell anyone about this, no one will believe you,’” she continued. “He finally allowed me to open the car door and I either fell out or he pushed me out. I was on the ground as he pulled out of the parking area behind the restaurant. The passenger door was open as he burned rubber pulling away leaving me laying there on the cold concrete in the dark.”

Nelson said she didn’t want to tell her boyfriend because he had a “very violent temper” and feared he would get himself into trouble. (Two years later, Nelson said she told her younger sister. Nelson’s mother and now-husband were also told, she said.)

Nelson said she was left bruised by the alleged assault.

“When I got home, I went to my room, and the following morning, my neck was black and blue and purple,” Nelson said.
Allred said she wants the Senate Judiciary Committee to investigate Nelson and other women’s allegations against Moore.
Nelson said she and her husband both supported Donald Trump for president.

“This has nothing whatsoever to do with the Republicans or the Democrats. It has everything to do with Mr. Moore’s sexual assault when I was a teenager,” Nelson said.

Allred went on to say that Nelson is not looking into criminal charges or lawsuits but wants the opportunity to testify under oath at a hearing.

“I would probably have taken what Mr. Moore did to me to my grave had it not been for the courage of four other women that were willing to speak out about their experiences with Mr. Moore,” Nelson said. “Their courage has inspired me to overcome my fear.”

Four women told The Washington Post last week that Moore pursued relationships with them when he was an adult and they were teenagers. One woman, Leigh Corfman, told the Post [/url]when she was 14, Moore, then 32, approached her outside of her mother’s custody hearing in 1979. Days later, she said Moore picked her up, brought her to his home, and fondled her and placed her hand on his penis over his underwear.

Quote:“You are a child. I am the District Attorney of Etowah County If you tell anyone about this, no one will believe you.”
— Beverly Young Nelson on what Roy Moore allegedly told her

Moore denied knowing Corfman during an [url=https://www.thedailybeast.com/roy-moore-tries-to-combat-molestation-allegations-on-sean-hannity-and-makes-things-worse]appearance
 on Sean Hannity’s radio show on Friday, but admitted he “dated a lot of young ladies.” Moore and his allies have said the Post story is a manufactured political hit job engineered to derail his candidacy weeks out from the special election to fill the seat of Jeff Sessions, who left the Senate to become attorney general in January. Moore has threatened to sue his accusers.

As the days have passed since the initial story broke, Republican senators have called for Moore to back out of the race, at first using the “if true” qualifier. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said on Monday, “I believe the women” accusing Moore and that he should step aside.

As soon as Nelson’s press conference ended, Sen. Cory Gardner, chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, said Moore should be expelled from the Senate if he wins the Dec. 12 election against Democrat Doug Jones.

“I believe the individuals speaking out against Roy Moore spoke with courage and truth, proving he is unfit to serve in the United States Senate and he should not run for office,” Gardner said in a statement.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - StLucieBengal - 11-14-2017

(11-14-2017, 01:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.thedailybeast.com/woman-says-roy-moore-tried-to-rape-her-at-16-i-was-begging-him-to-stop

This is a terrible subject and who knows what happened in the end. But it’s fair to question this last lady who is using Gloria Allred. Sorry but if I expect to be taken Seriously I’m not using this ambulance chaser

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - GMDino - 11-14-2017

(11-14-2017, 01:53 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is a terrible subject and who knows what happened in the end.  But it’s fair to question this last lady who is using Gloria Allred.   Sorry but if I expect to be taken Seriously I’m not using this ambulance chaser

What about all the ones not using her?

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - StLucieBengal - 11-14-2017

(11-14-2017, 02:04 AM)GMDino Wrote: What about all the ones not using her?

They should be looked at and once he facts come out then we move forward with what is appropriate.