Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Is a new HC the quickest way to turn around a franchise? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Is a new HC the quickest way to turn around a franchise? (/Thread-Is-a-new-HC-the-quickest-way-to-turn-around-a-franchise)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Is a new HC the quickest way to turn around a franchise? - Nati#1 - 12-18-2017

We need a quarterback

RE: Is a new HC the quickest way to turn around a franchise? - sonofstat - 12-18-2017

A new head coach is as good a place to start a rebuild as anywhere else

RE: Is a new HC the quickest way to turn around a franchise? - CornerBlitz - 12-18-2017

(12-18-2017, 06:25 AM)sonofstat Wrote: A new head coach is as good a place to start a rebuild as anywhere else

The problem with the Bengals over the last several years is that we've had a loaded roster with a flawed QB/Coach combo.  It's the reason why we had regular season success but when you want to make a run at the Lombardi the talented roster cannot compensate for the inferior coach/qb. 

I've been wanting a new coach and QB for several years and even though it was an unpopular opinion, it turned out to be the right one.

RE: Is a new HC the quickest way to turn around a franchise? - Aquapod770 - 12-18-2017

(12-17-2017, 10:04 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Or the Rams

Shhhh. Bfine only wanted examples of it not working!

RE: Is a new HC the quickest way to turn around a franchise? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 12-18-2017

(12-18-2017, 07:05 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Shhhh. Bfine only wanted examples of it not working!

I thought bfine was trying to point out the Bengals should have stuck it out with LeBeau instead of firing him and hiring Marvin as a replacement. Or maybe he meant Marvin just needs time to implement his fifth 3 year plan. Or is it Marvin's third 5 year plan. Anyway, sometimes 15 years is a small sample size. Let's not rush to judgment.

RE: Is a new HC the quickest way to turn around a franchise? - Hoofhearted - 12-18-2017

(12-18-2017, 06:09 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I thought bfine was trying to point out the Bengals should have stuck it out with LeBeau instead of firing him and hiring Marvin as a replacement. Or maybe he meant Marvin just needs time to implement his fifth 3 year plan. Or is it Marvin's third 5 year plan. Anyway, sometimes 15 years is a small sample size. Let's not rush to judgment.

He’s almost certainly talking about that and needing a QB to elevate this team. The Rams got a coach and QB that works. Jimmy g wouldn’t win with Bellicheck himself.

RE: Is a new HC the quickest way to turn around a franchise? - Hoofhearted - 12-18-2017

When did Marv start winning again?

RE: Is a new HC the quickest way to turn around a franchise? - Shake n Blake - 12-18-2017

(12-18-2017, 12:03 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yeah, when the 49ers hired Bill Walsh from the Bengals it lead to multiple Super Bowl championships.

Or when they hired Jim Harbaugh to take over for mediocre Mike Singletary. 

RE: Is a new HC the quickest way to turn around a franchise? - snowy - 12-18-2017

A new HC is a step in the right direction, but the Bengals have a whole lot of things that need fixing. Unless of course the new coach has a magic wand and fairy dust.

RE: Is a new HC the quickest way to turn around a franchise? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 12-18-2017

(12-18-2017, 06:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Or when they hired Jim Harbaugh to take over for mediocre Mike Singletary. 

The 49ers had a GM problem who wasn't on the same page as the coach. Sound familiar?

RE: Is a new HC the quickest way to turn around a franchise? - XenoMorph - 12-18-2017

(12-17-2017, 10:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ask the 49ers.

lol their new head coach only set them back 5 years before leaving ahahah  oh well I'm talking chip

New Head coach can turn it around if the coach was the issue.

A good coach can turn it around with an influx of talent. 

Sometimes you need a good LT like LA Rams lol

Every team is different but we sure have not had the fire the last few games.

RE: Is a new HC the quickest way to turn around a franchise? - Shake n Blake - 12-18-2017

(12-18-2017, 07:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The 49ers had a GM problem who wasn't on the same page as the coach. Sound familiar?

Certainly rings a bell.

(12-18-2017, 07:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: lol their new head coach only set them back 5 years before leaving ahahah  oh well I'm talking chip

New Head coach can turn it around if the coach was the issue.

A good coach can turn it around with an influx of talent. 

Sometimes you need a good LT like LA Rams lol

Every team is different but we sure have not had the fire the last few games.

I know you're joking around there, but I think the new offensive system and coaching played a FAR bigger role than any personnel change.

Goff looked like a bust in the making under Fisher. Systems are a bigger deal than many people think on here.

Just look at how good Garrappololololo looks under Shanny, while Matt Ryan regressed heavily after he left. System, system, system. Did I mention system?

RE: Is a new HC the quickest way to turn around a franchise? - Cure4CF - 12-19-2017

Good question. I don’t know if that is more important then good players or not. Or better coordinators. Or a gm. I know a terrible owner isn’t part of it, jk I don’t know that. Really I’m not sure. Like I said, good question.

RE: Is a new HC the quickest way to turn around a franchise? - JSR18 - 12-19-2017

Tiger I think I'd like to see what Hue could do with AJ McCarron and a re-vamped O-line. Trade Andy for draft picks.
Throw in a new coaching staff with 21st century techniques and ideas and I predict the Jungle would rock once more...