Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Enviromental Pollution Agency - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Enviromental Pollution Agency (/Thread-Enviromental-Pollution-Agency)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Enviromental Pollution Agency - GMDino - 08-11-2015

(08-10-2015, 07:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not saying there isn't a place for Enviornmental protection.   But the hysteria over the big bad companies trying to end the world with pollution is my issue.    

The EPA needs dialed back to reasonable levels of regulation.   Not to mention they are unelected people and do not have to directly answer to the public.

How far back?

To when mines were storing their waste improperly and it leaked into the water supply?

Like two years ago?

Smirk

RE: Enviromental Pollution Agency - fredtoast - 08-11-2015

(08-10-2015, 03:24 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Nothing is going to happen to the air and water if the EPA went away. 

This isn't a dystopian movie where everything will go to shit. 

Yeah, the environment in China is just fine.

I am sure all big corporations here in the United States are going to voluntarily reduce profits in order to protect the environment just like they always did..

RE: Enviromental Pollution Agency - fredtoast - 08-11-2015

(08-10-2015, 06:28 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Between labor costs and the EPA regulations in this country, it's surprising we make anything here besides food.

Yeah, what this country needs is a large portion of the population living in ghettos of abject poverty and a toxic environment for everyone.

Why oh why can't we be more like a third world country?  That is what we should aspire to.  We produce more wealth than any other country on earth, but instead of using party of it to make this a livable country we should let the top 1% hoard it all for extravagant lives while the rest of the population lives in misery. 

Why can't we get a good presidential candidate that will promise to make us more like a third world country?

RE: Enviromental Pollution Agency - Belsnickel - 08-12-2015

[Image: 11694087_955358247861009_122850130291875...e=567A8F63]

RE: Enviromental Pollution Agency - michaelsean - 08-12-2015

(08-11-2015, 01:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: How far back?

To when mines were storing their waste improperly and it leaked into the water supply?

Like two years ago?

Smirk

Better to just let it all out at once. Big Grin

RE: Enviromental Pollution Agency - GMDino - 08-12-2015

(08-12-2015, 10:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Better to just let it all out at once. Big Grin

I get, I get it.

But lets compare big business pollution to the time the EPA has accidentally done it.

RE: Enviromental Pollution Agency - michaelsean - 08-12-2015

(08-12-2015, 11:23 AM)GMDino Wrote: I get, I get it.

But lets compare big business pollution to the time the EPA has accidentally done it.

Hey if you are going to be an ass, you may as well be a smart ass.  (Yes I just made that up.)

RE: Enviromental Pollution Agency - GMDino - 08-12-2015

(08-12-2015, 11:37 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Hey if you are going to be an ass, you may as well be a smart ass.  (Yes I just made that up.)

ThumbsUp

RE: Enviromental Pollution Agency - fredtoast - 08-12-2015

(08-12-2015, 11:23 AM)GMDino Wrote: I get, I get it.

Funny, but I don't see any of these people claiming that we need to abolish all police forces whenever a police force makes a mistake.

RE: Enviromental Pollution Agency - RoyleRedlegs - 08-12-2015

(08-11-2015, 02:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, the environment in China is just fine.

I am sure all big corporations here in the United States are going to voluntarily reduce profits in order to protect the environment just like they always did..

Because we are China. Good call on that one Freddy. 

RE: Enviromental Pollution Agency - fredtoast - 08-12-2015

(08-12-2015, 12:46 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Because we are China. Good call on that one Freddy. 

No because I know the history of unregulated industry right here in the United States.

(08-12-2015, 12:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No because I know the history of unregulated industry right here in the United States.

When there was no media. 
When there was no alternative.

If companies tried to pull that shit now, they'd get obliterated in the court of public opinion and lose out. 

RE: Enviromental Pollution Agency - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 08-12-2015

(08-12-2015, 01:45 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: When there was no media. 

If companies tried to pull that shit now, they'd get obliterated in the court of public opinion and lose out. 

Meh...I don't think so.

We all know how terrible Mcdonalds is for you but we still buy it. It was the first example to com to mind.  I'm sure there are countless others.

RE: Enviromental Pollution Agency - Brownshoe - 08-12-2015

(08-12-2015, 01:45 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: When there was no media. 

It really wouldn't matter if it was a power company. Before the EPA power plants were a million times worse than what they are now. The EPA has changed a lot of things for the better the first few years.

(08-12-2015, 01:51 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Meh...I don't think so.

We all know how terrible Mcdonalds is for you but we still buy it. It was the first example to com to mind.  I'm sure there are countless others.

....wut? 

(08-12-2015, 02:00 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: It really wouldn't matter if it was a power company. Before the EPA power plants were a million times worse than what they are now. The EPA has changed a lot of things for the better the first few years.

Technology changed. 
in the 50 or so years since the EPA was started, technology changing has had more to do with it than the EPA.  

You don't need a government agency to do it.
There will be a demand for accountability. 
Someone will create a supply. 

(08-12-2015, 02:04 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Technology changed. 
in the 50 or so years since the EPA was started, technology changing has had more to do with it than the EPA.  

You don't need a government agency to do it.
There will be a demand for accountability. 
Someone will create a supply. 

The power plants were doing what ever they wanted. They didn't try to clean any of the pollutants they caused. If the EPA wasn't made the power plants would still be doing what ever they want. You don't realize that the people were demanding accountability and they wouldn't do anything, so the government had to step in and make the EPA.

(08-12-2015, 02:11 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The power plants were doing what ever they wanted. They didn't try to clean any of the pollutants they caused. If the EPA wasn't made the power plants would still be doing what ever they want. You don't realize that the people were demanding accountability and they wouldn't do anything, so the government had to step in and make the EPA.

The government didn't HAVE to step in.
People were demanding accountability. it was coming. 

It wanted to.
Now it can claim any land it wants to as theirs.
Oh a rare bird was seen here once? Government land now.
Land flooded? Temporary wetlands. Government land now. 

RE: Enviromental Pollution Agency - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 08-12-2015

(08-12-2015, 02:02 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: ....wut? 

Corporations will cut corners in favor of profits.  Their bottom line is in their interests not your well being. If there was no government oversight businesses would straight up exploit and abuse workers and resources.  It's not even debatable really.  History has shown it to be true.

(08-12-2015, 02:31 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The government didn't HAVE to step in.
People were demanding accountability. it was coming. 

It wanted to.
Now it can claim any land it wants to as theirs.
Oh a rare bird was seen here once? Government land now.
Land flooded? Temporary wetlands. Government land now. 

Not everything the EPA does I agree with, but we do need them.