Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Any Ohioans ever hear the term "carry-in"? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Klotsch (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Klotsch)
+--- Thread: Any Ohioans ever hear the term "carry-in"? (/Thread-Any-Ohioans-ever-hear-the-term-carry-in)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Any Ohioans ever hear the term "carry-in"? - Awful Llama - 09-08-2015

(09-08-2015, 11:15 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Maybe you have to be a hundred.

The last carry-in organizer was 26, so that can't be it. Good effort, though.

RE: Any Ohioans ever hear the term "carry-in"? - EatonFan - 09-09-2015

(09-04-2015, 08:35 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yes, I've heard it a million times at work over the decades.  Anytime there's a special occasion (someone retiring, returning from leave, etc.) they send out an email to have a - I swear this is true - carry-in.  Can't believe no one else has heard of it.  Everybody brings on something.  Usually I buy donutes so nothing has to be cooked.

I've heard carry-in my whole life and it's the term I use.  It's the same as potluck.  A carry-in dinner.  I think it's a church term more than anything.

RE: Any Ohioans ever hear the term "carry-in"? - mallorian69 - 09-09-2015

Yeah I've never heard that either. We always call it pot luck, as in you'll be lucky if you dont get food poisoning.

RE: Any Ohioans ever hear the term "carry-in"? - spazz70 - 09-09-2015

(09-09-2015, 09:43 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Yeah I've never heard that either. We always call it pot luck, as in you'll be lucky if you dont get food poisoning.

We have carry-ins all the time...I work in an office environment...Everyone brings in a dish and such...Pot Luck is the other term.

KY should be toothbrush...It had to be invented and named there.... in any other state it would be a TEETHbrush!!

RE: Any Ohioans ever hear the term "carry-in"? - TSwigZ - 09-09-2015

Better question is who's heard of "in calls" and "outcalls" Wink

RE: Any Ohioans ever hear the term "carry-in"? - michaelsean - 09-09-2015

(09-09-2015, 02:37 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Better question is who's heard of "in calls" and "outcalls" Wink

Tennis players?

RE: Any Ohioans ever hear the term "carry-in"? - Tiger Teeth - 09-09-2015

I have heard them referred to as a "pitch in."

RE: Any Ohioans ever hear the term "carry-in"? - Awful Llama - 09-09-2015

(09-09-2015, 07:11 AM)EatonFan Wrote: I've heard carry-in my whole life and it's the term I use.  It's the same as potluck.  A carry-in dinner.  I think it's a church term more than anything.

(09-09-2015, 12:59 PM)spazz70 Wrote: We have carry-ins all the time...I work in an office environment...Everyone brings in a dish and such...Pot Luck is the other term.

KY should be toothbrush...It had to be invented and named there.... in any other state it would be a TEETHbrush!!

[Image: 55149924.jpg]

RE: Any Ohioans ever hear the term "carry-in"? - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-15-2015

(09-09-2015, 12:59 PM)spazz70 Wrote: We have carry-ins all the time...I work in an office environment...Everyone brings in a dish and such...Pot Luck is the other term.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha..........wait a minute.......**** you! :angry:

Mooning Cheers LMAO