Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bring back the old jerseys! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bring back the old jerseys! (/Thread-Bring-back-the-old-jerseys)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Bring back the old jerseys! - SunsetBengal - 12-12-2018

(12-12-2018, 08:38 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That's all I'm saying.  That stupid white piping ruins an otherwise decent jersey.  The late 90s would be good, just get rid of the keeping tiger.  That's sacrilege to some, I know.

I agree, the jerseys from that era - the leaping tiger, are simply badass.  Why do I not like the leaping tiger?  Because to me, it symbolizes the absolute worst time to ever be a Bengals fan.

Sometimes change is good.  The last time that the Bengals changed the helmet design, they went to the Superbowl.

RE: Bring back the old jerseys! - Jason_NC - 12-12-2018

(12-12-2018, 02:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Does anyone else like the old jerseys better than the new ones?

If by "old" you mean 1981.

If you mean the Browns look a likes, not at all.

RE: Bring back the old jerseys! - BengalYankee - 12-12-2018

(12-12-2018, 02:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Does anyone else like the old jerseys better than the new ones?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Bring back the old jerseys! - Nicomo Cosca - 12-12-2018

(12-12-2018, 08:38 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That's all I'm saying.  That stupid white piping ruins an otherwise decent jersey.  The late 90s would be good, just get rid of the keeping tiger.  That's sacrilege to some, I know.

Agree about the leaping tiger. I see tons of people hate on the striped B here, but to me it’s a clean and sharp logo. I like just the tiger head better too. The leaping tiger reminds me of something a high school would use.

RE: Bring back the old jerseys! - chopperbobby - 12-13-2018

(12-12-2018, 02:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Does anyone else like the old jerseys better than the new ones?

No but for a throw back game would like to see old helmets. Just Bengals on the side that would be cool.

RE: Bring back the old jerseys! - Nicomo Cosca - 12-13-2018

(12-13-2018, 12:19 AM)chopperbobby Wrote: No but for a throw back game would like to see old helmets. Just Bengals on the side that would be cool.

The original helmets were awful. Our current ones are among the best in the league, imo.

RE: Bring back the old jerseys! - lone bengal - 12-13-2018

The helmets are awesome but the new jerseys are terrible. The tiger on the side of the old uniforms was awesome. Are logo is so dumb now its just a big stupid B ? That's like the Lions changing there logo from a bad ass Lion to just a big L instead. Bring back the Tiger baby !

RE: Bring back the old jerseys! - Nicomo Cosca - 12-13-2018

(12-13-2018, 12:51 AM)lone bengal Wrote: The new jerseys are terrible. The tiger on the side of the old uniforms was awesome. Are logo is so dumb now its just a big stupid B ? That's like the Lions changing there logo from a bad ass Lion to just a big L instead. Bring back the Tiger baby !

Except the stripes are what makes the B stand out. What would you use on a Lions L? A fluffy mane?

RE: Bring back the old jerseys! - Pat5775 - 12-13-2018

(12-12-2018, 02:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I like these.
[Image: WCPO_Corey_Dillon_1507492175724_68293752...40_480.jpg]

Yep. That’s was the best uniform era... granted, it was the worst era overall for this franchise but the uniforms were a thing of beauty

RE: Bring back the old jerseys! - Bengal Dude - 12-13-2018

I wouldn't mind going back to the old jerseys, but I'd be happier if we went back to the leaping tiger/tiger head logo and ditched the B.

RE: Bring back the old jerseys! - lone bengal - 12-13-2018

(12-13-2018, 12:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Except the stripes are what makes the B stand out. What would you use on a Lions L? A fluffy mane?

I wouldn’t change the Lions logo but I guess that would be an option lol. I prefer my stripes on the actual tiger logo vs a letter.

RE: Bring back the old jerseys! - grampahol - 12-13-2018

Personally I don't think it would matter if the entire team switched to the uniform below to indicate team toughness and preparedness to play professional football ..
[Image: plWpShLej]
It might actually be more indicative of the current state of affairs . However it might lure fans into believing that the team is prepared to clean up its act which would be misleading. 

RE: Bring back the old jerseys! - fredtoast - 12-13-2018

(12-12-2018, 11:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Agree about the leaping tiger. I see tons of people hate on the striped B here, but to me it’s a clean and sharp logo. I like just the tiger head better too. The leaping tiger reminds me of something a high school would use.

Same here.

Although I am not a huge fan of the tiger head.

RE: Bring back the old jerseys! - Awful Llama - 12-13-2018

(12-12-2018, 02:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I like these.
[Image: WCPO_Corey_Dillon_1507492175724_68293752...40_480.jpg]

Missed this pic when I posted before.  Hands down the best uni we ever had.  Some resemblance to the '81 makeover, but with the wider should stripes that set it apart.  Get rid of the Millard Fillmore Middle School Fighting Tigers logo on the sleeve, give us an orange version, and you're good to go.  

RE: Bring back the old jerseys! - jason - 12-13-2018

The white color rush jerseys are cool. Make a black one just the same, and use the original 1968 unis as an alternate... Boom. Problem solved.

Now what to do about the shitty team?

Bring back the old jerseys! - ochocincos - 12-13-2018

(12-13-2018, 09:12 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Missed this pic when I posted before.  Hands down the best uni we ever had.  Some resemblance to the '81 makeover, but with the wider should stripes that set it apart.  Get rid of the Millard Fillmore Middle School Fighting Tigers logo on the sleeve, give us an orange version, and you're good to go.  

The tiger on the sleeve is the best part!
EDIT - I've also started to become less in favor of the orange jerseys. Perhaps it's the shade of orange, I don't know. Maybe something a little darker, like a burnt orange. But the tiger on the sleeve (and the field) needs to make a comeback IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk