Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
No civil war over first round pick this year. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: No civil war over first round pick this year. (/Thread-No-civil-war-over-first-round-pick-this-year)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: No civil war over first round pick this year. - TheLeonardLeap - 03-04-2022

(03-04-2022, 08:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No way Bengals or any team takes Ragnow at #12.

The criticism I remember was for the Bengals NOT TRADING UP to get ahead of the Lions.

I would also add that without trading back and getting a couple of extra 4th round picks there is no way we draft McPherson in the 5th.

If we're playing the make believe statements with no facts to back them up game, then McPherson would still be available in the 6th and the Bengals would take him. No way any team not the Bengals takes McPherson before the 7th.

RE: No civil war over first round pick this year. - Clark W Griswold - 03-04-2022

I think there will be a good IOL guy left at pick 31. This is a good spot to take a first round guard/center if they don’t address it enough in FA.
I’m not in favor of trading down out of the first round. Getting to keep that player for a fifth year before free agency is big. Saves a lot of cap room for that last year that he’s under the rookie deal.

RE: No civil war over first round pick this year. - Dr.Z - 03-04-2022

(03-04-2022, 08:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Every time I look at draft projections and think a trade down might be good, I remind myself that the Bengals haven't done great in trade downs. The last 3 trade downs... Kevin Zeitler instead of David DeCastro (Bengals gained Brandon Thompson), Billy Price instead of Frank Ragnow (Bengals gained malingering Cordy Glenn), Joe Mixon instead of Dalvin Cook (Bengals gained Josh Malone).

Bengals seem to do the worst in the draft when they start thinking they're smarter than other teams or know something that the other 31 teams don't. They seem to do the best when they make the consensus choice.

Know what you mean lol. Going back a bit further, Chris Perry/Stephen Jackson. It seems they gambled on the Ragnow trade down and he got sniped ; that would’ve looked brilliant if it was indeed what they were trying to do, and it had worked out. I wanted him badly that year (also remember being so stoked when DeCastro was there before the trade-down). I’m still not adverse to the idea though , depending on how things unfold.

RE: No civil war over first round pick this year. - Gdale_Bengal - 03-04-2022

OL, CB DL are my position picks. I hope Zion Johnson is there at 31. He may not be BPA necessarily but he would be one of tge best fits at wide zone blocking.

RE: No civil war over first round pick this year. - ezekiel23 - 03-04-2022

I agree with the motion that it depends on what we do in free agency concerning the OL.I’m hoping the Bengals will be aggressive in that regard,as expectations are high.I’m hoping LT,first,then RG.If that,or something similar to that happens,then I’d like to see the Bengals go CB with pick 31,if there is one available that is worthy of pick 31 overall.If not,then,BPA.

RE: No civil war over first round pick this year. - Housh - 03-04-2022

Imo you go with who you’ve scouted and with who you believe you can make great.

If you are limiting yourself by deciding you have to go lineman then you scout every god dang lineman and you pick one you believe in

Day 1 stars usually are gone by pick 30 so it’s a luck thing anyway.

Travon Diggs was selected 51st and he’s probably top 5 CB. Cowboys knew he’d be good because of scouting. We need to come away with 2 starters for me to call a draft good. Idc what rounds they come in. 2 starters equals good draft in my book.

RE: No civil war over first round pick this year. - TheLeonardLeap - 03-04-2022

2022 Bengals Message Board: No civil war over the first round pick this year.
2022 Bengals on Draft Day: We're taking a WR 31st overall.

RE: No civil war over first round pick this year. - casear2727 - 03-04-2022

Assuming we handle free agency well I am all for BPA almost every pick.

Exception @ #31 = QB, P, WR, RB, K. Every other position I'll take top stud.

Other exception 1st - 6th = No QB

RE: No civil war over first round pick this year. - Tony - 03-04-2022

(03-04-2022, 06:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Raimann has 33" arms, short for a OT...

I think Raimann might be our best option at 31... Any  chance the take a DB at 31 if they don't think Raimann is the guy?

RE: No civil war over first round pick this year. - casear2727 - 03-04-2022

(03-04-2022, 11:35 PM)Tony Wrote: I think Raimann might be our best option at 31... Any  chance the take a DB at 31 if they don't think Raimann is the guy?

Absolutely. If we dont get a decent one in free agency then CB is odds on favorite at 31.  Gordan or Elam may be there.

RE: No civil war over first round pick this year. - Bengalpool - 03-05-2022

The f*** there won't be. It's TEAM BPA or TEAM NAW.

RE: No civil war over first round pick this year. - Bengalpool - 03-05-2022

(03-04-2022, 11:35 PM)Tony Wrote: I think Raimann might be our best option at 31... Any  chance the take a DB at 31 if they don't think Raimann is the guy?

I sincerely hope that "best option" is crushed before 31.

RE: No civil war over first round pick this year. - fredtoast - 03-05-2022

(03-04-2022, 08:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If we're playing the make believe statements with no facts to back them up game, 

You are the one who started it.

RE: No civil war over first round pick this year. - WVUHomer - 03-05-2022

(03-04-2022, 08:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Every time I look at draft projections and think a trade down might be good, I remind myself that the Bengals haven't done great in trade downs. The last 3 trade downs... Kevin Zeitler instead of David DeCastro (Bengals gained Brandon Thompson), Billy Price instead of Frank Ragnow (Bengals gained malingering Cordy Glenn), Joe Mixon instead of Dalvin Cook (Bengals gained Josh Malone).

Bengals seem to do the worst in the draft when they start thinking they're smarter than other teams or know something that the other 31 teams don't. They seem to do the best when they make the consensus choice.

Pretty sure last year, the consensus wasn't a WR at 5 but there we were in the SB. Granted we lost but we wouldn't even have sniffed it without that non-consensus pick. And no, not getting into last years debate again but last year had no consensus pick and we knocked it out of the park.

RE: No civil war over first round pick this year. - Tony - 03-05-2022

(03-04-2022, 11:42 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Absolutely. If we dont get a decent one in free agency then CB is odds on favorite at 31.  Gordan or Elam may be there.

I don't want no part of Elam.. Ace from New stripe city did an all 22 on him and He gives up inside leverage ways to easy and refuses contact... 

RE: No civil war over first round pick this year. - Nicomo Cosca - 03-05-2022

(03-05-2022, 03:23 PM)Tony Wrote: I don't want no part of Elam.. Ace from New stripe city did an all 22 on him and He gives up inside leverage ways to easy and refuses contact... 

I like Ace, but his film breakdowns are terrible. I posted a bunch of them on here last year during the draft, and the more of them I watched - the less stock I really put into them.

RE: No civil war over first round pick this year. - fredtoast - 03-05-2022

(03-05-2022, 02:45 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Pretty sure last year, the consensus wasn't a WR at 5 but there we were in the SB. Granted we lost but we wouldn't even have sniffed it without that non-consensus pick. And no, not getting into last years debate again but last year had no consensus pick and we knocked it out of the park.

REP

For the most part the "experts" said we should take Sewell.  That was the "consensus" pick.

RE: No civil war over first round pick this year. - WVUHomer - 03-05-2022

(03-05-2022, 05:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: REP

For the most part the "experts" said we should take Sewell.  That was the "consensus" pick.

Guys. I can die happy now. I've gotten rep from Fred lol

RE: No civil war over first round pick this year. - casear2727 - 03-05-2022

(03-05-2022, 03:23 PM)Tony Wrote: I don't want no part of Elam.. Ace from New stripe city did an all 22 on him and He gives up inside leverage ways to easy and refuses contact... 

You trust Ace quite a bit.  Elam is a player and will be an upgrade over what we have.

RE: No civil war over first round pick this year. - masonbengals fan - 03-05-2022

(03-04-2022, 06:45 PM)BengalBob Wrote: I hope once the dust settles in free agency, the front office has put themselves in a position to select BPA in the draft.  

Even so, there will be plenty of debate on this board on who to take.

Rock On