Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Ballpark Range To Keep Burrow Long Term This Summer - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Ballpark Range To Keep Burrow Long Term This Summer (/Thread-Ballpark-Range-To-Keep-Burrow-Long-Term-This-Summer)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Ballpark Range To Keep Burrow Long Term This Summer - guyofthetiger - 06-19-2023

Not sure I would sign him for more than 5 years. Long term contracts can be a thorn if Joe gets injured. I would sign him for 5 years at 250 million dollars. He's worth 50 million a year. And guarantee most of it.

RE: Ballpark Range To Keep Burrow Long Term This Summer - BFritz21 - 06-19-2023

(06-19-2023, 12:13 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Not sure I would sign him for more than 5 years. Long term contracts can be a thorn if Joe gets injured. I would sign him for 5 years at 250 million dollars. He's worth 50 million a year. And guarantee most of it.

Yeah, but then when we win a few Super Bowls, his next contract would be insane.

RE: Ballpark Range To Keep Burrow Long Term This Summer - THE PISTONS - 06-19-2023

(06-19-2023, 12:13 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Not sure I would sign him for more than 5 years. Long term contracts can be a thorn if Joe gets injured. I would sign him for 5 years at 250 million dollars. He's worth 50 million a year. And guarantee most of it.

Oh the Bengals would sign him to a 10 year deal if he'd agree.

I think the deal will be shorter than fans want. The Mahommes deal is an outlier.

He'll get 3-5 years at $55-60 million a year.

RE: Ballpark Range To Keep Burrow Long Term This Summer - Graphicguy - 06-19-2023

Burrow says he wants to be here. Bengals certainly want him here. He’s a generational talent at the #1 premium NFL position. We can make a case that he’s the best QB in the league, and he’s still young.

If this were a short term deal, this contract would be signed already. I think it’s a LONNNNNNNNGGGG term deal with some creative pay outs.

RE: Ballpark Range To Keep Burrow Long Term This Summer - jason - 06-19-2023

(06-19-2023, 11:10 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: Burrow says he wants to be here. Bengals certainly want him here. He’s a generational talent at the #1 premium NFL position. We can make a case that he’s the best QB in the league, and he’s still young.

If this were a short term deal, this contract would be signed already. I think it’s a LONNNNNNNNGGGG term deal with some creative pay outs.

I think the number of years could be a hang up too. It'll get done, but I doubt it's the money itself that is the reason it isn't already signed.

RE: Ballpark Range To Keep Burrow Long Term This Summer - casear2727 - 06-19-2023

This makes ZERO sense if the team is looking to have flexibility to keep other players.