Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! (/Thread-Zac-Taylor-play-calling-is-trash)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-31-2023

(10-31-2023, 12:23 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And that would suggest Burrow’s play is more responsible for the win-loss record you highlighted than Taylor’s play calling. As supported by a zillion other instances.

I know you don’t care and I know it doesn’t compute for you. Unless Burrow was from Norman and Taylor coached at LSU. Then you would care and it would compute very much.

Fun fact, Shanahan is 0-37 when going into the fourth quarter trailing by 8+ points, he's 0-27 when trailing by only 5+ points. SF fans call him overrated, now I see why. They lose Deebo, and lose three straight. Pretty piss poor if you ask me. Our fanbase would have the pitchforks out after Zac for that....but people were praising Shanahan on here and Bengals social media going into the game. It's bizarre.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Sled21 - 10-31-2023

(10-31-2023, 08:51 AM)Wyche Wrote: Fun fact, Shanahan is 0-37 when going into the fourth quarter trailing by 8+ points, he's 0-27 when trailing by only 5+ points. SF fans call him overrated, now I see why. They lose Deebo, and lose three straight. Pretty piss poor if you ask me. Our fanbase would have the pitchforks out after Zac for that....but people were praising Shanahan on here and Bengals social media going into the game. It's bizarre.

Naw, it's just the same people who did not like Taylor from the beginning still clinging onto any hope they can be proven to be right all along. 

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Soonerpeace - 10-31-2023

(10-31-2023, 12:23 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And that would suggest Burrow’s play is more responsible for the win-loss record you highlighted than Taylor’s play calling. As supported by a zillion other instances.

I know you don’t care and I know it doesn’t compute for you. Unless Burrow was from Norman and Taylor coached at LSU. Then you would care and it would compute very much.

I’ll play:
Then Tom Brady is more responsible for Belicheck’s success. Troy Aikman more responsible for Jimmy Johnson’s success. Drew Brees more responsible for Sean Payton’s success. Bart Starr more responsible for Vince Lombardi’s success. Patrick Mahomes more responsible for Andy Reid’s success.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Sled21 - 10-31-2023

(10-31-2023, 09:01 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’ll play:
Then Tom Brady is more responsible for Belicheck’s success. Troy Aikman more responsible for Jimmy Johnson’s success. Drew Brees more responsible for Sean Payton’s success. Bart Starr more responsible for Vince Lombardi’s success. Patrick Mahomes more responsible for Andy Reid’s success.

Exactly!!!! Kenny Anderson was more responsible for Forrest Greggs success. Boomer was more responsible for Sam Wyche's success. Peyton Manning was more responsible for the Colt's success. Why, it's almost as if any coach needs a great QB to be successful in this league. 

(10-31-2023, 09:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Exactly!!!! Kenny Anderson was more responsible for Forrest Greggs success. Boomer was more responsible for Sam Wyche's success. Peyton Manning was more responsible for the Colt's success. Why, it's almost as if any coach needs a great QB to be successful in this league. 

Breech doesn’t think Zac is a very good coach. Guess loves the years of 8 straight playoff losses. That’s fine but it’s like someone living in Minnesota but hates the cold. The cold ain’t leaving Minnesota

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - WeezyBengal - 10-31-2023

(10-30-2023, 08:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No reason to slander Tony Pike. He’s just doing his job as a sports talk radio guy when things aren’t going well there’s going to be negativity. And he’s definitely super knowledgeable. That’s really not even a question.

Him and Mo flamed the offensive coaching staff for WEEKS when they weren't producing...when we had a QB who could barely move in the pocket and was CLEALY hampered by injury. 

If they want to debate if Burrow should have been playing, thats fine. But there's no reason to bash play design, scheme, and play calling when its more than obvious they are limited by their hurt QB. Especially when they have past history of success throwing and moving the ball down field. Have some sense. 

(10-31-2023, 08:51 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Fun fact, Shanahan is 0-37 when going into the fourth quarter trailing by 8+ points, he's 0-27 when trailing by only 5+ points. SF fans call him overrated, now I see why. They lose Deebo, and lose three straight. Pretty piss poor if you ask me. Our fanbase would have the pitchforks out after Zac for that....but people were praising Shanahan on here and Bengals social media going into the game. It's bizarre.

Contrast that with Cincy vs KC in second half’s. Breech must have run into Zac at Mt. Lookout Tavern and Zac didn’t give him a game ball lol.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - NotBigzo - 10-31-2023

(10-30-2023, 02:00 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What is the objective data you use to determine good vs. bad playcalling?

I go by the same gut feeling that most other people do.

That post wasn't meant to single anyone out. 

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - NotBigzo - 10-31-2023

(10-30-2023, 11:59 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Solid numbers But 1-3 vs Lamar in that span. He has our number and we have never beaten him at Balt and still have to play there . 

We beat Lamar in '21 @ Baltimore 42-21. We spanked him. 

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-31-2023

Great play calling against the 49ers besides like one play...

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Truck_1_0_1_ - 10-31-2023

41-17*
(10-31-2023, 03:41 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: We beat Lamar in '21 @ Baltimore 42-21. We spanked him. 

(10-31-2023, 03:41 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: We beat Lamar in '21 @ Baltimore 42-21. We spanked him. 

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-31-2023

(10-31-2023, 08:51 AM)Wyche Wrote: Fun fact, Shanahan is 0-37 when going into the fourth quarter trailing by 8+ points, he's 0-27 when trailing by only 5+ points. SF fans call him overrated, now I see why. They lose Deebo, and lose three straight. Pretty piss poor if you ask me. Our fanbase would have the pitchforks out after Zac for that....but people were praising Shanahan on here and Bengals social media going into the game. It's bizarre.

He is also 0-2 going into the 4th quarter when leading by 10+ in the Super Bowl.

(10-31-2023, 09:01 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’ll play:

Weren't you the one talking shit about Payton and Reid not being successful without Brees and Mahomes, respectively? Yes.

You've already been playing this game.

(10-31-2023, 09:35 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Breech doesn’t think Zac is a very good coach. Guess loves the years of 8 straight playoff losses. That’s fine but it’s like someone living in Minnesota but hates the cold. The cold ain’t leaving Minnesota

I didn't write that. You like to give credit to your boys from Oklahoma.  Like Mixon. If he has a good game, Mixon is great.  If he has a bad game, the OL sucks. Bengals start 1-3, not Zac's fault.  Bengals subsequently go 3-0, great play calling! That's how you roll.

(10-31-2023, 03:37 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I go by the same gut feeling that most other people do.

That post wasn't meant to single anyone out. 

Well, then, in a perfect world, what objective data would you use to judge good or bad play calling?

(10-31-2023, 06:03 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Weren't you the one talking shit about Payton and Reid not being successful without Brees and Mahomes, respectively? Yes.

You've already been playing this game.

I didn't write that. You like to give credit to your boys from Oklahoma.  Like Mixon. If he has a good game, Mixon is great.  If he has a bad game, the OL sucks. Bengals start 1-3, not Zac's fault.  Bengals subsequently go 3-0, great play calling! That's how you roll.

I actually called Mixon a Royal dumb ass for his off the field antics this year. And I’ve criticized Zac for not getting the run game going to alleviate the reliance on Joe with his calf. But you don’t mention that because that’s not how you roll. But 2 can play this game. Bring up one positive thing you’ve said about Zac’s coaching

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Frank Booth - 10-31-2023

(10-31-2023, 06:43 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I actually called Mixon a Royal dumb ass for his off the field antics this year. And I’ve criticized Zac for not getting the run game going to alleviate the reliance on Joe with his calf. But you don’t mention that because that’s not how you roll.

I saw them try, but Mixon was terrible as usual. Hopefully he can keep up what he did against SF rest of season

(10-31-2023, 06:49 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I saw them try, but Mixon was terrible as usual. Running backs aren’t like kickers and have off days so much. It’s obvious there was more offensive playbook but the blocking was better all the analytics work that way. Hopefully he can keep up what he did against SF rest of season

I’m sorry I don’t buy that crap. They needed to really work on it. Whether scheme or more in practice.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Frank Booth - 10-31-2023

(10-31-2023, 07:06 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m sorry I don’t buy that crap. They needed to really work on it. Whether scheme or more in practice.

the last 2 years he's been crap though lol

(10-31-2023, 07:07 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: the last 2 years he's been crap though lol

Last year not the year before

(10-31-2023, 07:07 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: the last 2 years he's been crap though lol

And our OL ranked 26 & 29 those 2 years.