Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question (/Thread-Transgender-Bathroom-Locker-Room-Question)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - StLucieBengal - 05-06-2016

(05-06-2016, 06:11 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Interesting choice of words.  How often do you have desires relating to using the restroom?

None.   But then I do not suffer from a mental disorder...   I don't have the need to transform into anything.   I am just fine to be me.   

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Vas Deferens - 05-06-2016

(05-06-2016, 06:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: None.   But then I do not suffer from a mental disorder...   I don't have the need to transform into anything.   I am just fine to be me.   

You're the one who used the word 'desire' in the context of people using the bathroom.

(05-06-2016, 06:23 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: You're the one who used the word 'desire' in the context of people using the bathroom.

Yes who knows what mentally disturbed people will desire.   Normal people just use the facilities they are supposed to use and go about their day.    The mentally off try and turn it into a spectacle so they can normalize their own issues.  

(05-06-2016, 06:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes who knows what mentally disturbed people will desire.   Normal people just use the facilities they are supposed to use and go about their day.    The mentally off try and turn it into a spectacle so they can normalize their own issues.  

Apparently you have an extremely detailed idea of what these bathroom desires are.  

The mentally weak are afraid of and incapable of accepting otherness.  Its just too much to process so they fall back on persecuting the other claiming they are terrified.

(05-06-2016, 06:33 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Apparently you have an extremely detailed idea of what these bathroom desires are.  

The mentally weak are afraid of and incapable of accepting otherness.  Its just too much to process so they fall back on persecuting the other claiming they are terrified.

There is accepting others and then there is playing along with delusions despite them hurting themselves and/or others.  

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Nately120 - 05-06-2016

(05-06-2016, 06:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: None.   But then I do not suffer from a mental disorder...   I don't have the need to transform into anything.   I am just fine to be me.   

Hmm, have you ever read Catch-22, by chance?

(05-06-2016, 06:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There is accepting others and then there is playing along with delusions despite them hurting themselves and/or others.  

Is this another instance of your perception of the world being definitive and should be the rule of law?  Otherwise, its just someone trying to use the bathroom without outing themselves.  

I get that you're uncomfortable with people different from you, but calling them mentally ill only serves to highlight your unwillingness, probably inability, to fully understand their legitimate situation. 

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Nately120 - 05-06-2016

(05-06-2016, 06:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There is accepting others and then there is playing along with delusions despite them hurting themselves and/or others.  

Look, we're trying to talk you out of your delusion that trans bathroom acceptance is going to lead to danger and ruin but you just won't have it!

(see what I did there?)

(05-06-2016, 06:48 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Is this another instance of your perception of the world being definitive and should be the rule of law?  Otherwise, its just someone trying to use the bathroom without outing themselves.  

I get that you're uncomfortable with people different from you, but calling them mentally ill only serves to highlight your unwillingness, probably inability, to fully understand their legitimate situation. 

Calling them mentally ill is just being accurate.   They have GID.   

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Belsnickel - 05-06-2016

(05-06-2016, 06:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Calling them mentally ill is just being accurate.   They have GID.   

No, it is not accurate. Not every trans person has GID/GD. But this has all been covered before around here a couple of times.

(05-06-2016, 06:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Calling them mentally ill is just being accurate.   They have GID.   

Sounds like the easiest way to understand the predicament of some unlike you.  Reminds me of calling people from certain regions savages.

(05-06-2016, 07:24 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Sounds like the easiest way to understand the predicament of some unlike you.  Reminds me of calling people from certain regions savages.

If they do savage things then they are savages.    

(05-06-2016, 07:22 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: No, it is not accurate. Not every trans person has GID/GD. But this has all been covered before around here a couple of times.

Just because there is a handful of true blue believers of the trans lifestyle being the end all be all around here doesn't mean that they are not suffering from mental problems.  Why anyone feels that playing along with them is better than helping them get over their issues is beyond me.  

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - GMDino - 05-07-2016

(05-06-2016, 07:22 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: No, it is not accurate. Not every trans person has GID/GD. But this has all been covered before around here a couple of times.

This.

I know straight people with serious mental problems when it comes to sex and their relations with women.  Do I get to say every straight person has a mental illness?

Lucy wants to call names and cast aspersions under the guise of being "non PC" and the complain that he gets picked on for doing it.

Rock On

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - BmorePat87 - 05-07-2016

Wasn't GID explained like 2 years ago?

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Nately120 - 05-07-2016

(05-06-2016, 08:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why anyone feels that playing along with them is better than helping them get over their issues is beyond me.  

I play along with all sort of people's eccentricities, craziness, and differences because freedom or something.  Believers, non-believers, left-handed, right-handed, gay, straight, asexual, trans, interracial couples so on and so forth.  So many things people seek to "fix" based upon some misguided notion that people different causes them and/or society harm.

Even if we accept your notion that trans people (along with a slew of others) are just flat-out crazy...who cares?  Why can't people be crazy?  

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - fredtoast - 05-07-2016

(05-06-2016, 08:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:   Why anyone feels that playing along with them is better than helping them get over their issues is beyond me.  

What about the people who believe in talking snakes and magic beings in the sky that control everything?

If we can all "play along" with them then why not transgender people?

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - StLucieBengal - 05-07-2016

(05-07-2016, 10:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What about the people who believe in talking snakes and magic beings in the sky that control everything?

If we can all "play along" with them then why not transgender people?

The issue is that people with talking snakes and magic beans aren't asking to violate the privacy of of every man, woman and child. 

So playing along is much different.    When the snake people start forcing us all to play with snakes and  magic beans then we have the same problem as we do with playing along with ______ 

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - StLucieBengal - 05-07-2016

(05-07-2016, 10:29 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I play along with all sort of people's eccentricities, craziness, and differences because freedom or something.  Believers, non-believers, left-handed, right-handed, gay, straight, asexual, trans, interracial couples so on and so forth. So many things people seek to "fix" based upon some misguided notion that people different causes them and/or society harm.

Even if we accept your notion that trans people (along with a slew of others) are just flat-out crazy...who cares?  Why can't people be crazy?  

How does any of these others violate the privacy of anyone?   Nor would a ______ violate anyones privacy if they just used their actual bathroom facilities.   Not their fantasy facilities.   

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - fredtoast - 05-07-2016

(05-07-2016, 03:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The issue is that people with talking snakes and magic beans aren't asking to violate the privacy of of every man, woman and child. 

So playing along is much different.    When the snake people start forcing us all to play with snakes and  magic beans then we have the same problem as we do with playing along with ______ 

I'd rather let someone use the same bathroom as me than block stem cell research, demand tax free status for their private clubs, oppose a woman's right to make decisions about her own body, oppose sex education in schools, oppose interracial marriage, label woman as inferior to men, and deny equal protection under the law to homosexuals.