Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread (/Thread-The-Ja-Marr-Chase-Thread)

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - bengals67 - 08-21-2021

There is no way steelers or ravens would have passed on Sewell for a WR

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Rubekahn29 - 08-21-2021

(08-21-2021, 09:33 PM)bengals67 Wrote: There is no way steelers or ravens would have passed on Sewell for a WR

I mean they passed on multiple linemen for a running back…

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Nicomo Cosca - 08-21-2021

(08-21-2021, 09:33 PM)bengals67 Wrote: There is no way steelers or ravens would have passed on Sewell for a WR

The Steelers OL is terrible and they just took a RUNNING BACK in the 1st round…

Just stop.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Joelist - 08-21-2021

Can't we just lock this thread and stop the stupid Sewell - Chase debate already? We took Chase and he will be starting at X. Detroit took Sewell and they are moving him to RT. May they both prosper and meet in the Super Bowl. Let's move on.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - NUGDUKWE - 08-21-2021

(08-21-2021, 09:12 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Teeggins is our #1 bona fide receiver. Teeggins has out performed #1 draft pick Ross and playing better than our #1 draft pick Chase has demonstrated.

Anyone thinking otherwise is delusional.

I'd say Tyler Boyd is our #1 if were talking performance and add in experience

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - NUGDUKWE - 08-21-2021

Yeah the Chase thing is more disappointing because I think we all wanted to see him flash some of the talent and instead he drops all of his targets. But the 1st one was a 5yd pass behind him on a 3rd and longer than 10 if he catches it he's landing on his butt anyway. The 2nd we can all agree he would've gotten his head knocked in if he catches it and we'd all like to see our guy catch that but that throw absolutely has to be low to protect the receiver. The 3rd was probably the most meaningful/catchable but he dropped it. I think this will only make him work harder.

On a side note. William Jackson and Kendall Fuller didn't even play last night. I know Brandon Allen did not have a good night but that defense is going to be legit.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - jason - 08-21-2021

Honestly, I don't remember any Bengal skill position player tearing it up early in their career in a preseason game. They guy had some drops on some lackluster throws in a lackluster game. I think he's gonna be alright.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Essex Johnson - 08-21-2021

(08-21-2021, 10:05 PM)Joelist Wrote: Can't we just lock this thread and stop the stupid Sewell - Chase debate already? We took Chase and he will be starting at X. Detroit took Sewell and they are moving him to RT. May they both prosper and meet in the Super Bowl. Let's move on.

But moving on is not what we have done in prior picks at times through the year so why should we do it now? 

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 08-21-2021

(08-21-2021, 03:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: During TC: "You buffoons! Can we at least wait til we see Chase line up against other teams?"

During Preseason: Yall are haters! Can we wait until a few regular season games to write off this guy's career??

After 4 games: Are we really making a judgement after a few games? How about waiting a full season?

After 1 season: Chad Johnson only had 329 yards as a rookie. It takes 2-3 years for a WR to truly blossom.

After 3 seasons: We need to draft a WR. That one dude sucks. I knew it all along.

Well it is the chase thread but I’m talking about everyone. A few preseason games in: Chase sucks can’t catch a ball, Dante Smith is the savior at RG, Ossai/sample have made this the most dangerous defensive line in a long time. It’s nice to be excited or disappointed but damn let’s get through a few regular season games and see what happens. If chase is sucking 4 games in I will be concerned at that point.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-21-2021

(08-21-2021, 03:45 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah sometimes I wonder if my Bengals glasses are altering my perspective and I'll try not to get too hyped by a certain player. But Tee Higgins rookie stats are comparable to Aj Greens,  Aj browns and DK metcalfs as well as a whole bunch of others. He also looks like he's put in the kind of work in this offseason to continue to take the next step forward.

Yes sir, and as a 2nd rounder that played with Finley and Allen as his QBs for a stretch. He also didn't get to finish the season. I was pretty optimistic when we drafted him, based on his time at Clemson. Now I'm stoked we were able to snag him. Your last season shows he knows how to be a pro already. I think the sky's the limit with him.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-22-2021

(08-21-2021, 04:06 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: That's my fear Wyche, I loved the Higgins pick (yes I'm a Clemson homer) but he showed up and showed he could be a #1. Then, he busted his ass and got bigger, faster and stronger in the off-season. His reward for this from the franchise, was it faith he could be the man? Nope, they went round 1 and took a guy to be a #1 WR. Since that pick, in the back of my head I've quietly questioned if that would impact Higgins negatively in his opinion of the team. I know if there was a promotion at work and I could move up to a better spot and worked hard to show I earned it and the company I worked for hired a guy from outside with a previous relationship with another guy in the department, I'd be a little annoyed. And let's face it, NFL players have egos.

I get what you're saying totally, and as a FSU homer, I was sick of watching Lawrence hit him deep...lol. When we snagged him, my sickness turned to joy. To be a little optimistic about it all Murdock, it could work out that the team wanted a guy like Chase to draw coverage away from Boyd and Tee and to hit the occasional homerun....like a Chris Henry. The difference there being they used a first rd pick. We'll just have to see how it all plays out. At least for two more years, it's a good problem to have.

(08-21-2021, 05:02 PM)Tony Wrote: I seriously blame alot of it on B Allen. Dude is horrible. He throws the most uncatchable ever...

There's a lot of merit to this....Tate and Higgins made some pretty tough catches on bad balls.

(08-21-2021, 06:21 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I did start a thread called "AwUZI" a couple weeks ago...under the radar signing for sure 

Sorry I missed it....under the radar and showing it was a good one so far. 

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - jj22 - 08-22-2021

(08-21-2021, 10:05 PM)Joelist Wrote: Can't we just lock this thread and stop the stupid Sewell - Chase debate already? We took Chase and he will be starting at X. Detroit took Sewell and they are moving him to RT. May they both prosper and meet in the Super Bowl. Let's move on.

This thread is more about Chase/Waddell. Assuming wideout was the pick all along, did we get the best one? That is now the question. Will we find ourselves in another Herbert/Burrow debate come years end with the top rookie wideout.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Sled21 - 08-22-2021

People are making way too much out of who is #1 and who is #2. Chase was brought in to replace AJ, simple as that. It is not a slap at Tee.

(08-21-2021, 07:34 PM)jason Wrote: Did it look like he was being coddled when he spent the entirety of the game standing next to his coach hearing about it? It looked like a guy who knew he had a bad game being coached to me.

I noticed that. One thing I DO like about this staff, they don't seem to play favorites like some staffs often get trapped into doing.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Nicomo Cosca - 08-22-2021

(08-22-2021, 12:11 AM)jj22 Wrote: This thread is more about Chase/Waddell. Assuming wideout was the pick all along, did we get the best one? That is now the question. Will we find ourselves in another Herbert/Burrow debate come years end with the top rookie wideout.

Not a chance they would have went with Waddle. Word out of PBS it was always pretty closely split between Chase and Sewell (who also had a rough game tonight btw). I’m guessing they knew Pitts would be gone.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Nately120 - 08-22-2021

(08-21-2021, 03:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: During TC: "You buffoons! Can we at least wait til we see Chase line up against other teams?"

During Preseason: Yall are haters! Can we wait until a few regular season games to write off this guy's career??

After 4 games: Are we really making a judgement after a few games? How about waiting a full season?

After 1 season: Chad Johnson only had 329 yards as a rookie. It takes 2-3 years for a WR to truly blossom.

After 3 seasons: We need to draft a WR. That one dude sucks. I knew it all along.

Unless ZT does a 180 we're going to have "He had ZT as a HC keeping him down" if Chase/anyone struggles.  Remember, we were at least open to the idea that ZT was going to resurrect Ross in 2019 and Burrow was going to resurrect Ross in 2020. 

We didn't call it quits on Ross until after year 4, even though he gave off bust vibes from game 1.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - jason - 08-22-2021

(08-22-2021, 12:13 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I noticed that. One thing I DO like about this staff, they don't seem to play favorites like some staffs often get trapped into doing.

Yeah.... And honestly after they way he played (again not the end of the world) Ja'Marr should've voluntarily made his way over next to his position coach for the remainder of the game.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - bfine32 - 08-22-2021

(08-22-2021, 12:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: People are making way too much out of who is #1 and who is #2. Chase was brought in to replace AJ, simple as that. It is not a slap at Tee.

Sure it was..The whole draft process folks that are now currently signing Tee's praises were saying we need Ja'Marr because of what Tee can't do.