Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates (/Thread-Training-Camp-Chat-News-Updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - BengalsLUFC - 08-20-2023

Mixon is refusing to answer question from a whole load of journalists but top of the list seems to be your friend and mine old shit rag herself Kelsey Conway.

I would love it if somehow the Bengals could somehow ban her from the media room and from practice sessions.

It happens all the time over here a certain paper has basically been banned from every press box in England.

Also refusing to speak to:
Ben Baby (another miserable anti Bengals prick)
Jay Morrison
and whoever covers us for SI

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - NUGDUKWE - 08-20-2023

(08-20-2023, 07:41 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Mixon is refusing to answer question from a whole load of journalists but top of the list seems to be your friend and mine old shit rag herself Kelsey Conway.

I would love it if somehow the Bengals could somehow ban her from the media room and from practice sessions.

It happens all the time over here a certain paper has basically been banned from every press box in England.

Jay Morrison

Hopefully Mixon just let's things cool down and just goes back to be cordial. I don't really have a problem with any of those guys as far as reporting. Unfortunately Mixon is stuck with that stigma after his incident in college and he has done good but he had two bad situations not far apart. Not really sure if that's what it has to do with or what he didn't like about they're reporting. But I really liked Ben baby's reporting on his case it let me know there really was no evidence and the woman accusing him was acting aggressively towards him regardless of what Mixon did or didn't do.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - pally - 08-20-2023

(08-20-2023, 07:41 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Mixon is refusing to answer question from a whole load of journalists but top of the list seems to be your friend and mine old shit rag herself Kelsey Conway.

Jay Morrison

James Rapien

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/cincinnati-bengals

Quote:The bulk of Mixon’s frustration seems to be directed at Baby. In response to Baby’s tweet explaining that Mixon said reporters had been “disrespectful” but that Mixon didn’t elaborate on the reasons for his assertion, Mixon’s agent, Peter Schaffer, tweeted this: “[color=var(--color-primary-text)]You know exactly why we don’t talk to you. You consistently look for the negative and always are putting the players down. We have given you ample chances to correct the situation and you refuse. You made your bed now sleep in it. Don’t tweet to people that you don’t know why.”[/color]

Schaffer, speaking to PFT, pointed out that Baby already seems to be retaliating, by concluding his latest article with this gratuitous swipe at Mixon: “After reaching his first Pro Bowl in 2021, Mixon’s success rate was 41.0% in 2022, which was slightly below the league average of 41.7% among players with 150 or more carries, per NFL Next Gen Stats data.” [[color=var(--color-primary-text)]Editor’s note: What does that even mean?][/color]

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Soonerpeace - 08-20-2023

(08-20-2023, 07:34 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: I get the feeling MT is gonna get knocked off the roster by Tycen Anderson.  Maybe they find a way to get them both on but the safety room being Dax, Scott, Battle and Tycen feels pretty likely at this point.  

We’ll Battle pissed them off.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - TheFan - 08-20-2023

(08-20-2023, 08:47 PM)pally Wrote: James Rapien

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/cincinnati-bengals

So basically he's just upset with everyone who covered his legal issues this past off season and/or critical of his play for the past couple years. 

At least he's taking the high road...

(08-20-2023, 08:47 PM)pally Wrote: James Rapien

Ahhh always wondered how a guy who looked like an adult version of Tommy from the rugrats and who’s YouTube channel had about 10k subscribers got access now it makes sense.

Thanks.

Good for Mixon I wasn’t entirely sold on him coming back next year but it almost seemed like some of those “journalists” were trying to force him off the team.

Wonder how many others in the team will have his back and refuse to talk to them also will be an interesting thing to keep an eye on.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Rubekahn29 - 08-20-2023

(08-20-2023, 09:19 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Ahhh always wondered how a guy who looked like an adult version of Tommy from the rugrats and who’s YouTube channel had about 10k subscribers got access now it makes sense.

Thanks.

Good for Mixon I wasn’t entirely sold on him coming back next year but it almost seemed like some of those “journalists” were trying to force him off the team.

Wonder how many others in the team will have his back and refuse to talk to them also will be an interesting thing to keep an eye on.

James Rapien is an overall good dude and I enjoy listening to him. He is normally very charismatic and seems to really enjoy the team. The other 3, not so much. James was in Cleveland for a while and was ecstatic to come back to write and report for Cincy.

(08-20-2023, 09:28 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: James Rapien is an overall good dude and I enjoy listening to him. He is normally very charismatic and seems to really enjoy the team. The other 3, not so much. James was in Cleveland for a while and was ecstatic to come back to write and report for Cincy.

I’m subscribed to his account (mainly for Goidberry tbh) but have no problem with him personally.

How much information is he going to get in a 2 minute interview when the players are on auto pilot.

There are way worse people covering the team than Rapien just always wondered how he managed to get in to the locker room had no idea he was a SI reporter.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - pally - 08-20-2023

(08-20-2023, 09:12 PM)TheFan Wrote: So basically he's just upset with everyone who covered his legal issues this past off season and/or critical of his play for the past couple years. 

At least he's taking the high road...

The 2 reporters who get the most grief from this board are Conway and Baby...for some of the same reasons Mixon expressed

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - sandwedge - 08-20-2023

(08-20-2023, 09:19 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Ahhh always wondered how a guy who looked like an adult version of Tommy from the rugrats and who’s YouTube channel had about 10k subscribers got access now it makes sense.

Thanks.

I hope you aren't suggesting we should feel bad for these reporters?

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Nicomo Cosca - 08-20-2023

(08-20-2023, 09:28 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: James Rapien is an overall good dude and I enjoy listening to him. He is normally very charismatic and seems to really enjoy the team. The other 3, not so much. James was in Cleveland for a while and was ecstatic to come back to write and report for Cincy.

Rapien is my favorite Bengals reporter by far.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - BurrowTheGoat - 08-21-2023

(08-20-2023, 09:01 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: We’ll Battle pissed them off.

One personal foul in the preseason isn't gonna send a 3rd round pick to the PS. 

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - NotBigzo - 08-21-2023

People seem to forget that the local media doxxed Mixon with their shitty reporting when the charges were first brought.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Truck_1_0_1_ - 08-21-2023

Thanks.

He has 37,000 subscribers as per his own admission from yesterday.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Sled21 - 08-21-2023

I don't follow any of these people so I don't know if its true, but I read where they basically doxxed him and posted his home address after the menacing charges were brought, leading to him not feeling safe in his own home.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - WeezyBengal - 08-21-2023

(08-20-2023, 11:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Rapien is my favorite Bengals reporter by far.

He's OK but all the articles on his site are very clickbaity. 

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Soonerpeace - 08-21-2023

(08-21-2023, 12:25 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: One personal foul in the preseason isn't gonna send a 3rd round pick to the PS. 

Oh of course not.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-21-2023

(08-20-2023, 09:01 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: We’ll Battle pissed them off.

As I’m sure every player who makes a mistake does. But, it will be long forgotten by the time of Mixon’s first blown blocking assignment during Week 1.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-21-2023

(08-21-2023, 10:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't follow any of these people so I don't know if its true, but I read where they basically doxxed him and posted his home address after the menacing charges were brought, leading to him not feeling safe in his own home.

I think that was Mixon’s agent citing it as a reason why his sister’s boyfriend shot the neighbor’s kid.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - pally - 08-21-2023

Mitch Wilcox cleared to practice