Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question (/Thread-Transgender-Bathroom-Locker-Room-Question)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Belsnickel - 05-07-2016

(05-07-2016, 10:22 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Wasn't GID explained like 2 years ago?

Hell, 2 months ago as well. I know we had the conversation around here recently. It likely is remembered, but some like to pretend they haven't been informed just to continue to be inflammatory.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Nately120 - 05-07-2016

(05-07-2016, 03:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How does any of these others violate the privacy of anyone?   Nor would a ______ violate anyones privacy if they just used their actual bathroom facilities.   Not their fantasy facilities.   

So now this is an issue of privacy?  Well at least you've abandoned the whole "open season for rapists" argument.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - bfine32 - 05-07-2016

(05-07-2016, 04:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'd rather let someone use the same bathroom as me than block stem cell research, demand tax free status for their private clubs, oppose a woman's right to make decisions about her own body, oppose sex education in schools, oppose interracial marriage, label woman as inferior to men, and deny equal protection under the law to homosexuals.
Me too.What does that have to do with what you said?

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Nately120 - 05-07-2016

(05-07-2016, 06:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Me too.What does that have to do with what you said?

I think it's to show how Lucie and/or people like him take for granted how much our society caters to his/their particular lifestyle and beliefs.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - bfine32 - 05-07-2016

(05-07-2016, 06:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think it's to show how Lucie and/or people like him take for granted how much our society caters to his/their particular lifestyle and beliefs.

You mean we "cater" to over 70% of the population? 

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - fredtoast - 05-09-2016

(05-07-2016, 07:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You mean we "cater" to over 70% of the population? 

So mental illness is fine as long as enough people have it?

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - StLucieBengal - 05-09-2016

(05-07-2016, 06:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So now this is an issue of privacy?  Well at least you've abandoned the whole "open season for rapists" argument.

Privacy goes along with safety.   

And according to the other thread the USA is all about rape.   But I guess you are gonna say that thread exempts _______? 

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - bfine32 - 05-09-2016

(05-09-2016, 12:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So mental illness is fine as long as enough people have it?

But it's not mental illness; it is our culture, just like those with outies use men's rooms and those with innies use women's rest room. When you start looking at the vast majority of the population and claim they are mentally ill; you might want to look in the mirror instead. When you look at less than half a percent of the population and claim they are mentally ill; you might be on to something.

And that aside, I was simply commenting on the absurd notion that we "cater" to the vast majority. The vast majority of parking space in America are non-handicapped reserved; by that logic we cater to the non-handicapped.

(05-09-2016, 12:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So mental illness is fine as long as enough people have it?

The line must be drawn somewhere.   We can't cater to all these odd groups and their delusions when it affects everyone else to let them play pretend.   

(05-09-2016, 12:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But it's not mental illness; it is our culture, just like those with outies use men's rooms and those with innies use women's rest room. When you start looking at the vast majority of the population and claim they are mentally ill; you might want to look in the mirror instead. When you look at less than half a percent of the population and claim they are mentally ill; you might be on to something.

And that aside, I was simply commenting on the absurd notion that we "cater" to the vast majority. The vast majority of parking space in America are non-handicapped reserved; by that logic we cater to the non-handicapped.

Christian beliefs are clearly delusional.  Doesn't matter if they effect a majority of the country or not.  You claim that you have been in countries where rape was acceptable.  While you were there did you also consider rape acceptable?  

And we do not cater to the non-handicapped because the handicapped get the BETTER parking spots.

(05-09-2016, 01:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The line must be drawn somewhere.   We can't cater to all these odd groups and their delusions when it affects everyone else to let them play pretend.   

But the way we cater to Christians delusion beliefs effect us a lot more than letting transgender people use the proper dressing room.  

(05-09-2016, 01:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But the way we cater to Christians delusion beliefs effect us a lot more than letting transgender people use the proper dressing room.  

Scroll up and see the same explanation I gave when you rolled out the snake charmers.    Comparing this to religion is lame.   

There is a freedom of religion .... Not a freedom to get naked in front of other people's children

(05-09-2016, 02:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There is a freedom of religion .... Not a freedom to get naked in front of other people's children

There is no freedom to deny equal protection under the law to same sex couples, but that did not stop the religious groups from  trying as hard as the could.

(05-09-2016, 03:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is no freedom to deny equal protection under the law to same sex couples, but that did not stop the religious groups from  trying as hard as the could.

Religious groups from what?   Are you talking about the gay wedding cake and gay wedding pizza?  

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Nately120 - 05-09-2016

(05-09-2016, 06:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Religious groups from what?   Are you talking about the gay wedding cake and gay wedding pizza?  

No, I think he means the right to marry.  Refusing to make cakes and pizzas for gay weddings was the religious-right's weak follow-up after losing the initial battle to keep them from marrying in the first place.

(05-09-2016, 06:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No, I think he means the right to marry.  Refusing to make cakes and pizzas for gay weddings was the religious-right's weak follow-up after losing the initial battle to keep them from marrying in the first place.

Well I agree then, there shouldn't be any government marriage .... Gay or normal.  

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Nately120 - 05-09-2016

(05-09-2016, 06:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well I agree then, there shouldn't be any government marriage .... Gay or normal.  

That's obviously not going to happen (especially with people like you who are against governmental marriage getting government-sanctioned marriages and possibly filing taxes as a married couple) so opposing gay marriage because you oppose all marriage (including the one you are in) is a bit of a larf.

(05-09-2016, 01:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Christian beliefs are clearly delusional.  

but to believe life came from a rock, that turned into a fish, that learned to breath, then learned to fly, then learned to walk, then developed compassion, and learned to enjoy arts is clearly to be accepted.  The vast majority believes, at a minimum, this transition was facilitated; just because the minority say they are delusional does not make them so; nor does it make them mentally ill.  

(05-09-2016, 06:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  just because the minority say they are delusional does not make them so; nor does it make them mentally ill.  

Yes it does.

Believing in impossible magic is delusional.  Just because a lot of people believe it does not mean it is not delusional.

(05-09-2016, 07:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes it does.

Believing in impossible magic is delusional.  Just because a lot of people believe it does not mean it is not delusional.

Okey Dokey. If you say it enough I guess it works for you. 

Is believing you are a woman when you have a penis delusional?