Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? (/Thread-What-Would-La%E2%80%99el-Collins-Cost-in-Trade)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - bfine32 - 03-15-2022

(03-15-2022, 12:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree with you.

1. Cowboys are resigning their own it seems or trading guys. Gallop and Gregory signed 5 year deal for 70 million. So comp picks likely come into plat.
2. If Collins is cut and get mega long term contract, the Cowboys will get a 3rd round comp. pick

I would offer our 3rd and our 6th for their 5th and Collins.

Do you get a comp pick if you cut a player?

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - WVUHomer - 03-15-2022

(03-15-2022, 12:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do you get a comp pick if you cut a player?

No. Only players with expired contracts count in the formula.

Edit:

Source is OTC.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - bengals1969 - 03-15-2022

(03-15-2022, 12:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do you get a comp pick if you cut a player?
Nope.

As for the proposal, no other team wants him bad enough to give up what the Boys want. Why should the Bengals?
The Boys have had plenty of time to size up the market for Collins, RT is a coveted position in the league. So the teams know stuff about Collins we don’t.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - casear2727 - 03-15-2022

(03-15-2022, 12:44 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Nope.

As for the proposal,  no other team wants him bad enough to give up what the Boys want. Why should the Bengals?
The Boys have had plenty of time to size up the market for Collins,  RT is a coveted position in the league. So the teams know stuff about Collins we don’t.

Cowboys definitely havent gotten their price yet.  Teams could be putting the heat on Dallas to see what they do the next few days.

March 21st is a deadline date to keep an eye on. If the Cowboys have Collins on the roster beyond this date, $6.4 million of his base salary becomes guaranteed. Thus, they have an additional $6.4 million in cap charges to accelerate if they cut him after 3/21. They could trade him still after this date and that $6.4 million is shifted to another team but that's a bigger risk.

The deal could be becoming more and more affordable.  

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-15-2022

(03-15-2022, 12:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If I am a team who wants him, I don't want him cut. I am confident he will get more than 30 million over 3 years and teams will be involved in a bidding war. The Cowboys leverage is Collin's contract.

I don't think they have any intention of cutting him, just trying to get teams to up the ante to get him.

Everything I have heard from Dallas is the opposite. Jerry has told them to offload guys that are too expensive or not in the long term plans. He wants those guys gone sooner rather than later. He wants a clean cap sheet for two years from now and a year to evaluate some spots.  Hence, they want to off load Collins now and are would prefer a bigger hit now and a lower hit going forward.  

He will be released soon, according to this line of thinking. 

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - rfaulk34 - 03-15-2022

(03-15-2022, 09:10 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Does it concern anyone Dallas is apparently willing to just cut him since no one offered anything?

Not if Jerrah is just hanging on to try and get a mint from someone stupid.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - SunsetBengal - 03-15-2022

(03-15-2022, 12:44 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Nope.

As for the proposal,  no other team wants him bad enough to give up what the Boys want. Why should the Bengals?
The Boys have had plenty of time to size up the market for Collins,  RT is a coveted position in the league. So the teams know stuff about Collins we don’t.

Why should or why would the Bengals work hard to make that deal?  Because maybe they see themselves as being just "one player away" with the roster shaping up.  And as mentioned over and over, you're electing to "purchase" that 3yr $10M/per contract for a tier 1 player, rather than having to pay $16-$20M for him in an open bidding war.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Bengalpool - 03-15-2022

(03-15-2022, 01:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why should or why would the Bengals work hard to make that deal?  Because maybe they see themselves as being just "one player away" with the roster shaping up.  And as mentioned over and over, you're electing to "purchase" that 3yr $10M/per contract for a tier 1 player, rather than having to pay $16-$20M for him in an open bidding war.

Right. If they want a 2nd RD pick, I'm sending it. A 1st would take twisting my arm a little, but I would consider that too. 

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Bengalholic - 03-15-2022

(03-15-2022, 01:43 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: Right. If they want a 2nd RD pick, I'm sending it. A 1st would take twisting my arm a little, but I would consider that too. 

Mellow

Reports are that they would settle for a late round pick just to get anything of value, and it appears teams aren't even willing to do that...at least to this point.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - THE PISTONS - 03-15-2022

(03-15-2022, 02:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Mellow

Reports are that they would settle for a late round pick just to get anything of value, and it appears teams aren't even willing to do that...at least to this point.

IF that's the case, then Collins has Red Flags that we don't know about.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - THE PISTONS - 03-15-2022

(03-15-2022, 12:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree with you.

1. Cowboys are resigning their own it seems or trading guys. Gallop and Gregory signed 5 year deal for 70 million. So comp picks likely come into plat.
2. If Collins is cut and get mega long term contract, the Cowboys will get a 3rd round comp. pick

I would offer our 3rd and our 6th for their 5th and Collins.

I might even consider trading our 2nd as it's late 2nd.

So it would be these options at RT:

-Collins for 3 years minus late 2nd Round pick. Could go BPA with 1st.
-Reiff for 1 year. LIkely draft a Tackle in the 1st.
-Morgan Moses for 1 year. Like more than $10 million a year. Could go BPA in 1st.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Soonerpeace - 03-15-2022

(03-15-2022, 02:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF that's the case, then Collins has Red Flags that we don't know about.

Teams know the Cowboys are in a bad spot. That has more to do with it. The Cowboys have no leverage. By not trading and working their own contract is much better. Collins on a 1 year prove it more viable with guard rails

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - sandwedge - 03-15-2022

(03-15-2022, 02:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF that's the case, then Collins has Red Flags that we don't know about.

Yikes, that is what I am thinking..

(03-15-2022, 02:28 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Yikes, that is what I am thinking..

And why they’d be careful. His agent is also Mixon’s. They will trust him to be honest.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Daddy-O - 03-15-2022

(03-15-2022, 12:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Learning the Bengals may keep Hopkins and see if he’s healthy again and may like having the versatility of having both Hopkins and Karras. Collins on their radar would rather get him w/o trading I’d suspect. They are happy about Karras and Cappa. Really fit a toughness that’s just not been there. Both really smart. The Bengals since Taylor have focused more on team leaders, winning teams/programs, and smart. Those two really excel in all 3. So they really like the fit.

Lot's of options, especially if Linderbaum slides in the draft.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-15-2022

I think a lot of teams view Collins being locked up for 3 years as a negative, not a positive, if things go south.

I don't get why some posters don't understand that off the field issues are both driving the decision to release him AND depressing his value. Further, the decision has been made in Dallas to cut him if they cannot get anything in a trade, and other teams know that. Plus, they traded Cooper for a fifth?

Now, all it takes is one team to view him as a gem and disregard the flags and view the 3 years as a bonus. But in addition to the whole failed drug test/attempted bribery thing last year, whispers of immaturity and weight issues abound. Notably, no one has made an offer the Boys like. Not yet, at least. That should tell you something.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - WVUHomer - 03-15-2022

(03-15-2022, 02:48 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think a lot of teams view Collins being locked up for 3 years as a negative, not a positive, if things go south.  

I don't get why some posters don't understand  that off the field issues are both driving the decision to release him AND depressing his value. Further, the decision has been made in Dallas to cut him if they cannot get anything in a trade, and other teams know that.  Plus, they traded Cooper for a fifth?

Now, all it takes is one team to view him as a gem and disregard the flags and view the 3 years as a bonus. But in addition to the whole failed drug test/attempted bribery thing last year, whispers of immaturity and weight issues abound. Notably, no one has made an offer the Boys like. Not yet, at least.  That should tell you something.

You do realize its 3 years with no dead cap meaning its basically 3 1 year deals concurrently?

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Bengalholic - 03-15-2022

(03-15-2022, 02:54 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: You do realize its 3 years with no dead cap meaning its basically 3 1 year deals concurrently?

Right, which makes the apparent lack of overall trade interest even weirder.

(03-15-2022, 02:45 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Lot's of options, especially if Linderbaum slides in the draft.

No question yet not worrying about the OL going into the draft would really allow them to focus on CB, DT, TE, and S.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Bengalpool - 03-15-2022

I got like, $5 and a cold ham sandwich to contribute to making the Collins trade happen.