Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow Recruiting Collins - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow Recruiting Collins (/Thread-Burrow-Recruiting-Collins)

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Schmitbuck - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 02:19 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: SI  reporting that the Bengals are all in on Collins and the only hold up is the physical results.

I just read it. Its click bait. There's nothing we don't already know. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - BrownAssClown - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 02:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Which if true must mean Collins is having a problem passing it.... in which case we don't want him. Relax everyone.

Could just mean the Bengals are making sure before forking out a big contract.  Due diligence and all that...

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - casear2727 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 02:17 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The fact we currently don't have a top 50 TE currently on the roster means it would be considered a need heading into draft. More of a need than LG to be honest.

Just tell us you have no clue about Hayden Hurst?

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 02:26 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I just read it. Its click bait. There's nothing we don't already know. 

Them being ALL IN on Collins isn't just click bait. They wouldn't say that if there were major questions about his hip...

(03-19-2022, 02:30 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Could just mean the Bengals are making sure before forking out a big contract.  Due diligence and all that...

This is the way I am leaning with the information provided.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Nicomo Cosca - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 02:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I expect either Carman or D'Ante to make sure LG is not a gaping hole. Both are talented and will grow as players.

RT is the only gaping hole on the roster right now. Get the Collins deal done or bring in another vet.

I like Smith’s size and length a lot. He could definitely be a starting OT in this league at some point. Just can’t pencil him in yet though (obviously). I actually just saw that he’s currently working out with Duke Manyweather.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - leonardfan40 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 02:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I expect either Carman or D'Ante to make sure LG is not a gaping hole. Both are talented and will grow as players.

RT is the only gaping hole on the roster right now. Get the Collins deal done or bring in another vet.

Yeah, don't know why this is even a thing honestly. Hurst will have his best year this year barring injuries too I bet.

The TE position has been upgraded and we can still add a dude like Jelani Woods or Jake Ferguson in the Draft.

ThumbsUp

Depends on if we extend him after a good season.

Lots of great Corners in this Draft, I just think we need to have the RT position filled in order to draft the best of the pack.

Prince isn't the answer, he is just a good backup.

We will have a RT, even if they miss on Collins they’ll add one. FA doesn’t end today. Worst case scenario we go into the draft with the team we have right this second which is basically the same team that made it to the super bowl except we improved the interior of the O line.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - bfine32 - 03-19-2022

[Image: 72147494.jpg]

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Luvnit2 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 02:19 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: SI reporting that the Bengals are all in on Collins and the only hold up is the physical results.

Let's just hope the SI source is not same one used in the Tyler Mathieu is a Steeler thread?

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Nicomo Cosca - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 02:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: 72147494.jpg]

Wait…you want the Dolphins to get him? Ninja

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Schmitbuck - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 02:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Them being ALL IN on Collins isn't just click bait. They wouldn't say that if there were major questions about his hip...

It says it 'feels like' they are all-in. Its just an article about the writers speculation after seeing Malik's tweet. Nothing new there. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 02:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I like Smith’s size and length a lot. He could definitely be a starting OT in this league at some point. Just can’t pencil him in yet though (obviously). I actually just saw that he’s currently working out with Duke Manyweather.

Thanks Nicomo, I like seeing D'Ante pushing the sled. He has such upside but yeah, he is more of an OT than a Guard with
his length. I honestly think he could play LT for us in case Jonah went down and be damn good there. Could also be in play
for the future RT position. I was just so surprised by how good D'Ante was at LG in Preseason last year as he was just taking 
Defenders out with his technique and athleticism. Shown good hands too.

I was surprised as D'Ante Smith by all accounts was raw and would take time.

(03-19-2022, 02:34 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: We will have a RT, even if they miss on Collins they’ll add one. FA doesn’t end today. Worst case scenario we go into the draft with the team we have right this second which is basically the same team that made it to the super bowl except we improved the interior of the O line.

True, plus if Collins is injured and his hip is a big problem I don't want him anyways.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - BurrowTheGoat - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 02:34 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: We will have a RT, even if they miss on Collins they’ll add one. FA doesn’t end today. Worst case scenario we go into the draft with the team we have right this second which is basically the same team that made it to the super bowl except we improved the interior of the O line.

We're not missing on Collins.  Trust me. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - WeezyBengal - 03-19-2022

His physical could have been at noon today for all we know. Takes maybe an hour and a half? Sign the paperwork...id expect something soon.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - kalibengal - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 02:42 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: His physical could have been at noon today for all we know. Takes maybe an hour and a half? Sign the paperwork...id expect something soon.

Its probably all ready for sigs, right after the prostate check, 
hand him the pen and lets get on with it

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Synric - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 02:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I like Smith’s size and length a lot. He could definitely be a starting OT in this league at some point. Just can’t pencil him in yet though (obviously). I actually just saw that he’s currently working out with Duke Manyweather.

I was a huge fan of both Jackson Carman and D'Ante Smith pre-draft. I'm glad both of them are out their putting in work with a very good off-season coach in Duke Manyweather.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - BrownAssClown - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 02:42 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: His physical could have been at noon today for all we know. Takes maybe an hour and a half? Sign the paperwork...id expect something soon.

I hope they didn't send him to the local urgent care for his physical, those waiting rooms are full on the weekends.  Tongue

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Tony - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 02:48 PM)Synric Wrote: I was a huge fan of both Jackson Carman and D'Ante Smith pre-draft. I'm glad both of them are out their putting in work with a very good off-season coach in Duke Manyweather.

Watching some scrub push a sled isn't helping...

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Truck_1_0_1_ - 03-19-2022

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Surprised no one has posted this yet...

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - M.W. - 03-19-2022

If he is healthy he will be a Bengal today.  I have faith.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Synric - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 02:50 PM)Tony Wrote: Watching some scrub push a sled isn't helping...

It's not about the video its about Duke Mayweather. He is one of the most well respected private OL coaches in all of football. Carman and Smith are just a month removed from the superbowl and are out there putting in the work. I love seeing that.