Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question (/Thread-Transgender-Bathroom-Locker-Room-Question)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - fredtoast - 05-10-2016

(05-10-2016, 12:53 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How dare you use science bfine.

McHugh is nothing but a religious shill.

if you are really interested in science read this

http://www.transadvocate.com/clinging-to-a-dangerous-past-dr-paul-mchughs-selective-reading-of-transgender-medical-literature_n_13842.htm

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - bfine32 - 05-10-2016

(05-10-2016, 01:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: McHugh lets his religious beliefs influence his "professional" opinions.  George Bush appointed him to his Presidential Council of Bioethics because he opposed stem cell research for purely religious reasons.  Now he is doing the same thing with the issue of transgender identification.

Yes, yes..his views should be dismissed because he is religious.  And this has to do with stem cell because.....

(05-10-2016, 01:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: McHugh is nothing but a religious shill.

if you are really interested in science read this

http://www.transadvocate.com/clinging-to-a-dangerous-past-dr-paul-mchughs-selective-reading-of-transgender-medical-literature_n_13842.htm

For realz? You came back with an article from the TRANSADVOCATE to show what someone should read.

Thanks for that. I could not have asked for more. 

(05-10-2016, 01:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote:  And this has to do with stem cell because.....

Because his "scientific" opinion was based on zero science and all religious beliefs.  Just like his opinion on transgenders.

For more details see the link the the above post on how he is either ignoring or manipulating the science on this issue.

(05-10-2016, 01:18 AM)bfine32 Wrote: For realz? You came back with an article from the TRANSADVOCATE to show what someone should read.

Thanks for that. I could not have asked for more. 

What do you think about all the actual studies it cites and the analysis of how McHugh is twisting the truth?

I notice that the quote you posted about McHugh had ZERO links to any studies at all to back up his claims.  Why is that?

(05-10-2016, 01:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What do you think about all the actual studies it cites and the analysis of how McHugh is twisting the truth?

I notice that the quote you posted about McHugh had ZERO links to any studies at all to back up his claims.  Why is that?

The guy is an expert; folks should link him. Who the hell should he link? His credentials speak for themselves. 

But please post more from the TRANSADVOCATE (Thanks for that again) so we get a better insight from where you get you expert data.  

But hey, I hope you at least tipped them:

Quote:Tip this TransAdvocate!
Quote:Writers for the TransAdvocate work hard to bring you news and commentary. If you found this article meaningful, let the author know that you appreciate the work they do with a tip!

(05-10-2016, 01:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The guy is an expert; folks should link him. Who the hell should he link? His credentials speak for themselves. 

But please post more from the TRANSADVOCATE (Thanks for that again) so we get a better insight from where you get you expert data.  

But hey, I hope you at least tipped them:

the reason you refuse to comment on the content is because it proves your guy is a fraud.

I realize that when you live in an echo chamber it seems acceptable to refuse to consider any information that does not confirm your bias.  But in the real world that is called "hiding from the truth".

(05-10-2016, 01:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: the reason you refuse to comment on the content is because it proves your guy is a fraud.

I realize that when you live in an echo chamber it seems acceptable to refuse to consider any information that does not confirm your bias.  But in the real world that is called "hiding from the truth".

[Image: pay-ad.gif]

No doubt I should listen to this over a guy who graduated form Harvard Medical school and has all the aforementioned accolades or a fraud as you call him.  

But you roll with TRANSADVOCATE, You never did say if you tipped them or not. As you see it is tax deductible.

Please, please, please continue. 

(05-10-2016, 01:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt I should listen to this over a guy who graduated form Harvard Medical school and has all the aforementioned accolades or a fraud as you call him.  

But you roll with TRANSADVOCATE, You never did say if you tipped them or not. As you see it is tax deductible.

So let me get thisd straight.

You claim you are right and when I post something to prove that you are wrong your only response is

"I am going to ignore any source that disagrees with my opinion.  And the only proof I am going to provide to prove it is wrong is that it disagrees with my opinion.  By definition any source that disagrees with me is automatically wrong."

(05-10-2016, 01:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So let me get thisd straight.

You claim you are right and when I post something to prove that you are wrong your only response is

"I am going to ignore any source that disagrees with my opinion.  And the only proof I am going to provide to prove it is wrong is that it disagrees with my opinion.  By definition any source that disagrees with me is automatically wrong."

You don't have to get anything straight; folks can read. I posted a report from a Harvard grad with over 40 years of accolades and you dispute it with an opinion article from TRANSADVOCATE and somehow I'm the one ignoring a source.

I am not ignoring a source; I am absolutely embracing it. Did you see the poll where you could vote on how the article made you feel? I'll put you down for angry, you can put me down for amused. 

You still haven't told me if you tipped the source. 

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - StLucieBengal - 05-10-2016

What's funny is the guy accusing others of an echo chamber ...... Cites the transadvocate lol

(05-10-2016, 02:10 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You don't have to get anything straight; folks can read. I posted a report from a Harvard grad with over 40 years of accolades and you dispute it with an opinion article from TRANSADVOCATE and somehow I'm the one ignoring a source.

I am not ignoring a source; I am absolutely embracing it. Did you see the poll where you could vote on how the article made you feel? I'll put you down for angry, you can put me down for amused. 

You still haven't told me if you tipped the source. 

(05-10-2016, 02:22 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What's funny is the guy accusing others of an echo chamber ...... Cites the transadvocate lol

The source of the information does not matter.  You have to address the content.  

Your belief that McHugh is the only person qualified to have an opinion on this subject is high comedy.  What do you have to say about all the people who are equally as qualified as McHugh who disagree with him?  

What do you say about McHugh's proven religious bias?  If you reject biased sources then why don't you reject McHugh because of his religious bias?

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - JustWinBaby - 05-10-2016

(05-10-2016, 02:22 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What's funny is the guy accusing others of an echo chamber ...... Cites the transadvocate lol

It's not an echo chamber if it self-identifies as objective.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - GMDino - 05-10-2016

(05-10-2016, 01:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, yes..his views should be dismissed because he is religious.  And this has to do with stem cell because.....

Ben Carson was/is a brilliant brain surgeon...on other stuff not so much.  Much of his misinformation or denial of science was based on his religious beliefs.  Such as the age of the Earth.

If I am reading this correctly your source is much the same.  He understand the science but uses his religious views to interpret them the way that agrees with his views.

It's not new or unique to the religious or the non-religious, but if you can't accept that then it explains a lot.

(05-10-2016, 02:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The source of the information does not matter.  You have to address the content.  

Your belief that McHugh is the only person qualified to have an opinion on this subject is high comedy.  What do you have to say about all the people who are equally as qualified as McHugh who disagree with him?  

What do you say about McHugh's proven religious bias?  If you reject biased sources then why don't you reject McHugh because of his religious bias?

Yes silly us for rejecting something from TRANSADVOCATE as perhaps being biased. We should be more acceptable of various sources. Just look how open you were to McHugh's views. A Harvard educated doctor with over 40 years of experience in the feild becomes a "shill' and a "fraud" simply because you disagree with his findings.

You quote TRANSADVOCATE and dismiss the findings of an expert in the field and insist someone else is providing the "high comedy".

I will keep in mind your "the source doesn't matter" stance. Do you use that one in court much?

(05-10-2016, 08:39 AM)GMDino Wrote: Ben Carson was/is a brilliant brain surgeon...on other stuff not so much.  Much of his misinformation or denial of science was based on his religious beliefs.  Such as the age of the Earth.

If I am reading this correctly your source is much the same.  He understand the science but uses his religious views to interpret them the way that agrees with his views.

It's not new or unique to the religious or the non-religious, but if you can't accept that then it explains a lot.

The guy is Harvard educated, has spend over 40 years in the field of psycology, and 26 years as the Psychiatrist in Chief of Johns Hopkins Hospital.

What would you consider him an expert on?

I have zero idea what Ben Carson's view of the age of the earth has to do with the matter at hand.

(05-10-2016, 10:13 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes silly us for rejecting something from TRANSADVOCATE as perhaps being biased. We should be more acceptable of various sources. Just look how open you were to McHugh's views. A Harvard educated doctor with over 40 years of experience in the feild becomes a "shill' and a "fraud" simply because you disagree with his findings.

You quote TRANSADVOCATE and dismiss the findings of an expert in the field and insist someone else is providing the "high comedy".

I will keep in mind your "the source doesn't matter" stance. Do you use that one in court much?

So the source that disagrees with you is wrong because it has a different view of the research than the one you posted?

Does posting things in all caps make it better?  Or truer?  

If so let's try it!

Sources matter...but BIAS matters too.  Put me and Lucy on the same jury about a transgender case...who is biased against them automatically?

(05-10-2016, 10:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The guy is Harvard educated, has spend over 40 years in the field of psycology, and 26 years as the Psychiatrist in Chief of Johns Hopkins Hospital.

What would you consider him an expert on?

I have zero idea what Ben Carson's view of the age of the earth has to do with the matter at hand.

Well that's because you have an agenda and don't want to read what other people post in context.

Ben Carson is a brilliant surgeon...but his person bias on social issues clouds which facts and what science he "believes".

It is possible that man who is brilliant in understanding psychology ALSO has person biases based on his religion that allows him to fit conclusions to match his beliefs.

(05-10-2016, 10:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: Well that's because you have an agenda and don't want to read what other people post in context.

Ben Carson is a brilliant surgeon...but his person bias on social issues clouds which facts and what science he "believes".

It is possible that man who is brilliant in understanding psychology ALSO has person biases based on his religion that allows him to fit conclusions to match his beliefs.

I will admit I don't make it a rule to go to the transadvocate website and read their scentific studies. But you seem to be fine with them; obviously no bias there, just with that religious guy. You're killing me Fred. Please continue,

(05-10-2016, 10:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I will admit I don't make it a rule to go to the transadvocate website and read their scentific studies. But you seem to be fine with them; obviously no bias there, just with that religious guy. You're killing me Fred. Please continue,

I haven't said I agree with either....just that you seem willing to disregard one view based on the title of the webpage alone.  (Based on you capitalizing it over and over.)

I'm merely saying (with examples) that a lifetime of study and research doesn't mean much if you are just using those facts but rather using your "beliefs".