Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow Recruiting Collins - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow Recruiting Collins (/Thread-Burrow-Recruiting-Collins)

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Nicomo Cosca - 03-19-2022

I hope they’re already working on plan B? Daryl Williams?

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - casear2727 - 03-19-2022

Are we still using the same top notch medical team that flagged Shaq Barrett as medically unfit?

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - CloeHokie - 03-19-2022

There we go. What I was worried about all along. Here come the dolphins and guess what? That will ***** pay to get players. We have money. But we are stubborn about it. This is embarrassing

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - THE PISTONS - 03-19-2022

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Sled21 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:23 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: There we go. What I was worried about all along. Here come the dolphins and guess what? That will ***** pay to get players. We have money. But we are stubborn about it. This is embarrassing

The Bengals have flat out paid some players. This is bs.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - KillerGoose - 03-19-2022

Tough to hear that he left, but I trust the FO. Wonder what the hang up was, I'm interested in seeing what the plan is.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - JWW1971 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:23 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: There we go. What I was worried about all along. Here come the dolphins and guess what? That will ***** pay to get players. We have money. But we are stubborn about it. This is embarrassing

Embarrassing why?
Do we have the full story or just what people are putting on twitter

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Essex Johnson - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 09:47 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Because it is f-ing stupid.  Especially a 1/2 year contract or whatever that was?  Or a prove-deal for a top tackle?

We have had atrocious blocking for years and at risk of ruining a franchise QB and we have people here wanting the best blocker since Whit to be on a single (or 1/2?) year prove it contract?

Sorry but it's dumb and I hate to come across as disrespectful, but yes my opinion is that it is one of the dumber takes as to a player acquisition.

and i think it is dumb to ignore why Dallas let him go, it was not cap space total issue , they had already let guys go with freed up some cap space so they could have kept him.. here is the best reasons they let him go outside of saving $$

He had been in and out of lineup with hip injury that he missed all 2020 plus 2021 suspension and missed game in this season also... what is wrong with a prove it contract?

Yeah, I doubt this is over money. They just paid an OG $40 million dollars.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - leonardfan40 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why do people think he failed his physical or there were going to be issues with it? I'm confused? 

Because some guy tweeted a gif and that’s how we get our news now lol
Guess we can’t believe every gif we see. Let this be a lesson.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Ell Prez - 03-19-2022

Very embarrassing. We lost the super bowl because of a crappy o line. We had one of the highest cap spaces in the league and we sign 1 solid player (TB player) and a borderline backup/starter (NE player) to a cheap 6M/year deal.

We need some freaking protection for Burrow. The browns trade for Cooper and trade and sign Watson. Say what you want about their future with these deals, but the Browns are the team to beat in the AFC. The crushed us…without a capable QB. Now they have a top 10 QB and a stacked team.

But we have 2 new O lineman, and 2 holes still. All is well though.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - casear2727 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: and i think it is dumb to ignore why Dallas let him go, it was not cap space total issue , they had already let guys go with freed up some cap space so they could have kept him.. here is the best reasons they let him go outside of saving $$

He had been in and out of lineup with hip injury that he missed all 2020 plus 2021 suspension and missed game in this season also... what is wrong with a prove it contract?

He was not in and out of the lineup this season after his surgery. And yes the Cowboys purge was all about money. Every position they had a capable backup and the money was a huge differential they made a move out side of core players. 

If he has a med problem it wasnt known by the Cowboys according to their insiders.  The hip may have prevented them from moving him to guard.. but nothing worth failing a physical.  Who knows what this is...

(03-19-2022, 03:26 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Because some guy tweeted a gif and that’s how we get our news now lol
Guess we can’t believe every gif we see. Let this be a lesson.

Not sure how Malik was wrong? The gif implied it was down to the physical, and it might have been the reason the Bengals backed out.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - CloeHokie - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The Bengals have flat out paid some players. This is bs.

We only pay players that sell jerseys. 

Hey,

It's my initial reaction that this is going to be about money. And he goes to the dolphins or somewhere that will give him the guaranteed money he wants. 

I'm often wrong. Not trying to say it's fact. Just what I think at this point based on 30 years of watching

(03-19-2022, 03:27 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Very embarrassing. We lost the super bowl because of a crappy o line. We had one of the highest cap spaces in the league and we sign 1 solid player (TB player) and a borderline backup/starter (NE player) to a cheap 6M/year deal.

We need some freaking protection for Burrow. The browns trade for Cooper and trade and sign Watson. Say what you want about their future with these deals, but the Browns are the team to beat in the AFC. The crushed us…without a capable QB. Now they have a top 10 QB and a stacked team.

But we have 2 new O lineman, and 2 holes still. All is well though.

Karras is a legit starter. Belichick even wanted him back. No need to make things up because you’re upset.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Sled21 - 03-19-2022

All these reports come based on that Barry Jackson guy who is a reporter from the Miami-Herald. Call me sekptical.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-19-2022

Some things never change.

Close but no cigar, it appears.

Still a chance, but he was here almost 2 days.

Go get Tretter.

(03-19-2022, 03:28 PM)casear2727 Wrote: He was not in and out of the lineup this season after his surgery. And yes the Cowboys purge was all about money. Every position they had a capable backup and the money was a huge differential they made a move out side of core players. 

The board is funny. When it looked like we were getting Collins, he was great.

Now that it's uncertain, they see him as full of red flags and justifiably released by the Cowboys.