Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Jonah Williams Requests Trade (/Thread-Jonah-Williams-Requests-Trade)

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Frank Booth - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 12:44 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: You are correct, but it is probably his last chance...at least here in Cincy.  He isn't going to overtake Brown for LT.  If he goes out and plays solid RT, his next contract will be starting around $10 million annually.  If he busts like he did at guard, he will likely get a minimum deal.  That is a load of incentive.  

I agree about Williams.  He is much further from a RT than a left.  Not a mauler at all.  

I would do cartwheels if they got a 3rd round pick or higher for Jonah.  I am guessing it will be a 4th or 5th rounder, based on his limited contract moving forward.  

You don’t have to be a mauler to be a right tackle lmfao who says all right tackles have to be the same

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Stewy - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 12:03 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Ship him to Atlanta for Kyle Pitts.

Madden wouldn't even allow that trade.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - RunKijanaRun - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 12:49 PM)Stewy Wrote: Madden wouldn't even allow that trade.

I don't know....Jonah +, probably, but Pitts is coming off an injury and has been completely ignored in Atlanta.

I'd bet more teams would rather have the RT than the 2023 Kyle Pitts.

Granted, I agree we'd win the trade, but the Falcons have hideously managed that commodity.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - RunKijanaRun - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 12:48 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You don’t have to be a mauler to be a right tackle lmfao who says all right tackles have to be the same

I don't think anyone did, including the guy you quoted. 

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - phil413 - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 01:39 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I don't know....Jonah +, probably, but Pitts is coming off an injury and has been completely ignored in Atlanta.

Granted, I agree we'd win the trade, but the Falcons have hideously managed that commodity.

He is terribly mismanaged but they'd be selling too low.  He and London are Riddler's only hope to build an offense and it would be a mistake to deal him now.  If they did, I'd be totally fine with kicking I'm a mid round pick.

Jonah Williams Requests Trade - BenZoo2 - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 10:01 AM)OSUfan Wrote: If they could find a deal of value why would they not? If Jonah is stays disgruntled then there is not point in having him in the locker room and I believe that Taylor, his staff, and Tobin take their locker room culture extremely seriously. If they feel that they have solidified the RT position in other ways and find a reasonable taker for a deal then I have no doubt they would make they move.

What Jonah has to realize is that he really have zero leverage in this situation and he can either make things worse or better for himself.

This 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Bengalholic - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 11:11 AM)Synric Wrote:  

I wonder if this is just Tollner trying to stir up some interest?

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - CJD - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 02:13 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I wonder if this is just Tollner trying to stir up some interest?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals took phone calls about Jonah Williams, but that doesn't mean they're anywhere close to trading him.

If the Bengals got 5 calls from 5 different teams and they all were willing to offer a 5th round pick on the condition that the Bengals take on half the cap hit, the tweet still is 100% true.

It's just the Bengals would never take such a bad deal, so it's moot.

I think the Bengals will not take any less than a 3rd round pick for Jonah because you're not getting a starting RT in the 4th round or later in any scenario. I'd trend more towards them only accepting a 2nd round pick for the same reason, since even the 3rd round you're not usually drafting day 1 starters unless it's high in the round.

At this stage of free agency, there isn't a whole lot to do with 12.6 million dollars in 2023 cap space, so I don't think there's a pressing need to trade him right this moment. Maybe they go into the draft and a player they really like at RT is available at 28. They may trade Jonah then once they have secured his replacement, but I would be very surprised if they traded away their projected starting RT (with no suitable day 1 replacement on the roster) for a day 3 pick. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - mikey6866 - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 02:13 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I wonder if this is just Tollner trying to stir up some interest?

"Sources" are pretty much always agents.  Jonahs agent just trying to force bengals hand because his client has no leverage.  Hes just using media to give off the perception that his client is in demand while also putting pressure on bengals to act.  Just doing what every agent would do.

If teams made a good offer hed be gone already.  If bengals dont get value they will just hold firm.  No rush on bengals end.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - bengals67 - 03-22-2023

They should tell people no trade without a mid to low 1 and then settle for a 2.

There is no reason for the bengals to trade him if they don’t get enough value back to replace him in draft. That might be using our 1 for a RT and two 2s for a TE and CB.

He is going to play hard in a contract year or his value will be nothing next year.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - BengalBob - 03-22-2023

Twitter is alive with rumors of Jonah to the Jets for Becton

Jonah Williams Requests Trade - BenZoo2 - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 03:03 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Twitter is alive with rumors of Jonah to the Jets for Becton

I hope this is just a rumor. Would rather have a decent draft pick

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - mikey6866 - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 03:10 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I hope this is just a rumor.  Would rather have a decent draft pick

Its based of a bill barnwell espn+ article where he suggests that trade.  Its not based on anything other than barnwell just creating a fictional trade scenario.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - BobJones4980 - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 03:10 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I hope this is just a rumor.  Would rather have a decent draft pick

Yea I saw a couple places that said he had only played like 48 snaps since his rookie season in 2020. He had a good rookie season but can't stay healthy.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Ell Prez - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 01:39 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I don't know....Jonah +, probably, but Pitts is coming off an injury and has been completely ignored in Atlanta.

Isn’t it crazy Atlanta passed on chase? It’s like chase wasn’t even in their consideration, it was always Pitts.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Rotobeast - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 11:09 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The only logical conclusion that can be drawn from this is, you've both been licking the same frog.   Cool
*ribbit*

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Clark W Griswold - 03-22-2023

The Bengals think that they already signed Jonahs replacement (for now) when they got Ford. It doesn’t give me much confidence but I don’t think they feel they need his replacement (pick or player) in return because they told Ford he could compete for the RT job.

Hopefully they will still try to get a better option but if they don’t I think they would still be OK with trading him.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - THE PISTONS - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 03:33 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: The Bengals think that they already signed Jonahs replacement (for now) when they got Ford.  It doesn’t give me much confidence but I don’t think they feel they need his replacement (pick or player) in return because they told Ford he could compete for the RT job.

Hopefully they will still try to get a better option but if they don’t I think they would still be OK with trading him.

No way do they think Ford is Jonah's replacement. They paid him just over $1 million a year.

Collins likely won't be ready for the season start.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Mike M (the other one) - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 03:03 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Twitter is alive with rumors of Jonah to the Jets for Becton

it's an ESPN ideal scenario thing. 
I'm not sure it's even true.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - NUGDUKWE - 03-22-2023

An interesting thought that we could trade Jonah and take on most of his cap hit if it gets a 2nd Rd pick.