Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Coronavirus - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus (/Thread-Coronavirus)

RE: Coronavirus - GMDino - 03-13-2020

(03-13-2020, 09:59 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's an encouraging story.  On my ride to work this morning, the news had a 65 y/o lady on who also had and recovered completely from Covid-19.

Yeah.  The friend who shared it originally only shared the headline though.  Have to read the whole story to get the jist of it.

RE: Coronavirus - Nately120 - 03-13-2020

(03-13-2020, 09:58 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Just an FYI, while I guess you could bring malaria back with you, you aren't going to pass it along.  And I don't think there's a very effective vaccine.  We dealt with malaria by dealing with the mosquitoes.  

I'll admit I'm no historian, but the point is we did something instead of just ignoring it and hoping it was no biggie.

RE: Coronavirus - Truck_1_0_1_ - 03-13-2020

(03-13-2020, 09:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/news/dont-panic-says-us-woman-recovered-coronavirus-055155667.html

Exactly.

So long as you know you will not be in contact with at risk people, just go about your business and if you INDEED get it, stay home to curb the exposure risk.

But no need to alter your life and sequester yourself if you DON'T have it.

RE: Coronavirus - jj22 - 03-13-2020

So much for we are all in this together and to leave politics out of it. Trump is now blaming...…. You guessed it. Obama! Most presidents have enough leadership to say "the buck stops here" or "it's on me". For Trump the "buck stops there". Which for any leader on this board or in this country know that just isn't how you lead. Qb's would never blame folks for example, they take full responsibility as leaders. This is true character. No leader leads like Trump. It's disgraceful, and maybe some like that, but that's not how we should want people to lead. We wouldn't teach our kids to blame others and point fingers in time of crisis (well the non Trump supporters), we'd teach them to lead and focus on solutions.

Luckily we all have the receipts of what he did to the CDC in 2018 and he is being called out for it. Another trillion will be lost today because this guy has no clue what he is doing and is only concerned about himself.

We aren't going to be able to recover as an economy if this guy doesn't shut the hell up.

RE: Coronavirus - Luvnit2 - 03-13-2020

(03-13-2020, 10:23 AM)jj22 Wrote: So much for we are all in this together and to leave politics out of it. Trump is now blaming...…. You guessed it. Obama! Most presidents have enough leadership to say "the buck stops here" or "it's on me". For Trump the "buck stops there". Which for any leader on this board or in this country know that just isn't how you lead. Qb's would never blame folks for example, they take full responsibility as leaders. This is true character. No leader leads like Trump. It's disgraceful, and maybe some like that, but that's not how we should want people to lead. We wouldn't teach our kids to blame others and point fingers in time of crisis (well the non Trump supporters), we'd teach them to lead and focus on solutions.

Luckily we all have the receipts of what he did to the CDC in 2018 and he is being called out for it. Another trillion will be lost today because this guy has no clue what he is doing and is only concerned about himself.

We aren't going to be able to recover as an economy if this guy doesn't shut the hell up.

You suffer from TDS. Obama waited 6 months to declare an emergency with swine flu and 12,000 American dies. Obama and Biden were fools and have no idea how to manage ISIS or any crisis.

RE: Coronavirus - Au165 - 03-13-2020

(03-13-2020, 10:35 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You suffer from TDS. Obama waited 6 months to declare an emergency with swine flu and 12,000 American dies. Obama and Biden were fools and have no idea how to manage ISIS or any crisis.

This is actually a false statement that keeps getting re-purposed. There were two emergencies declared, the first one came 14 days after the first known case when only 20 cases had been confirmed. The second emergency declaration was to allow for certain things to be bypassed in terms of getting the vaccine out in October, a vaccine that wasn't feasibly ready for distribution until November.

(03-13-2020, 10:35 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You suffer from TDS. Obama waited 6 months to declare an emergency with swine flu and 12,000 American dies. Obama and Biden were fools and have no idea how to manage ISIS or any crisis.

You can't come for me with fake news, I'm not that gullible.

Now do you disagree with the characteristics of a leader? Or where you raised to blame everyone and thus see this as how you lead? The fake news focus on Obama and Biden means you've taken your leadership lessons from Trump and that's unfortunate.

We must do better, we must teach our kids better, we must be better.

But leadership isn't for everyone (clearly).

Mellow

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-public-health-emergency/partly-false-claim-image-compares-obama-and-trumps-public-health-emergency-declarations-and-death-tolls-for-swine-flu-and-coronavirus-respectively-idUSKBN20X34L

Quote:Partly false claim: Image compared Obama and Trump’s public health emergency declarations and death tolls for swine flu and Coronavirus respectively

Update March 13, 2020

The “Secure America Now” Facebook post which was the subject of this fact check has now been updated to clarify that President Obama’s Health and Human Services Secretary issued a public health emergency declaration in April of 2009 before any Swine Flu-related deaths in the United States. As such, Reuters Fact Check has removed the “partly false” rating that was earlier applied to this content.

An image was shared on Facebook here that claimed “0 deaths, Public Health Emergency Declared” during the “2020 Coronavirus” under President Trump. It compared this to the Swine Flu outbreak in 2009, over which the post claimed “1,000 deaths, Public Health Emergency Declared” under President Obama. 

A public health emergency for Swine Flu, also known as H1N1, was declared on April 26, 2009 by the Obama administration with no deaths in the U.S. (see  here ). While Obama personally declared H1N1 an emergency in October 2009, when over a thousand had died (see here ), the “Secretary of Health and Human Services first declared a public health emergency” on April 26, 2009. Statements that say Obama and his administration waited until 1,000 had died before declaring an emergency often ignore this April 26, 2009 Government announcement (see it here ). The claim that there were 1,000 deaths when a public health emergency was declared under Obama’s administration was therefore false.

On January 27, 2020, a public health emergency was declared for the new coronavirus outbreak, or COVID-19, in the U.S. by the Trump administration by Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar (see  here ). At this time, there were no deaths in the United States. The claim that there were no deaths when a public health emergency was declared under Trump’s administration was therefore true.

According to the CDC, from April 2009 to April 2010, the H1N1 outbreak resulted in 12,469 deaths in the U.S. (see  here ). 
The 2020 coronavirus (COVID-19) had over 4,000 deaths around the world as of March 10, 2020. As of March 10, 2020, there have been 25 deaths in the U.S. (see  here ). The first person to die from the coronavirus in the U.S. died in late February 2020 (see  here ). Since then, deaths have been recorded in 36 states including the District of Columbia, as of March 10, 2020 (see here ).

The claim tallied deaths attributed to H1N1 and COVID-19 at the time of a public health emergency being declared respectively. Obama’s administration declared a public health emergency prior to any deaths, so the photograph’s claim was false; Trump’s administration also declared a public health emergency prior to any deaths, correctly depicted in the photograph.

VERDICT
Partly false: neither swine flu nor coronavirus had resulted in any U.S. deaths at the time Obama and Trump’s respective administrations called for a public health emergency

We aren't days away from testing...

Probably just days away from blaming Hillary.

The U.S. Government rejected testing kits from WHO in favor of making their own. The fact we could have used their test kits while also working on our own is mind boggling.

(03-13-2020, 10:43 AM)jj22 Wrote: You can't come for me with fake news, I'm not that gullible.

Now do you disagree with the characteristics of a leader? Or where you raised to blame everyone and thus see this as how you lead? The fake news focus on Obama and Biden means you've taken your leadership lessons from Trump and that's unfortunate.

We must do better, we must teach our kids better, we must be better.

But leadership isn't for everyone (clearly).

I own 5 businesses and employ over 400 people. I have lead for over 45 years in business. I am just fine, Trump is just fine and a great leader of people. Leaders get results, community organizers speak well but have no clue how to get results.

RE: Coronavirus - treee - 03-13-2020

All members of the legislative branch need to get their shit together and get something that works and that 66 percent of both houses will agree on and get the gears moving now. How Trump feels about it is irrelevant, this is a situation in which expediency will literally be measured in lives. 

(03-13-2020, 10:56 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I own 5 businesses and employ over 400 people. I have lead for over 45 years in business. I am just fine, Trump is just fine and a great leader of people. Leaders get results, community organizers speak well but have no clue how to get results.

You can say what you want online. Who knows what you really do, but if you own 5 businesses and believe blaming others is leading then I'd hate to be led by you that's for sure.

We must do better, be better, teach better leadership.

In the mean time  Some facts:

The Obama administration tested 1 million people for H1N1 in the first month after the first US diagnosed case. The first US coronavirus case was 50+ days ago. And we haven't event tested 10,000 people yet.

In 2018, Trump fired the entire US pandemic response team. These were the experts with decades of experience dealing with precisely the kind of situation we are in today. Trump did not replace them. He eliminated the positions

Trump then cut CDC funding

I'm willing to talk facts, but I'm not wasting time with the Fake News.

We wouldn't be in this position if people were more focused on protecting Americans and not protecting Trump by spreading fake news and playing the blame game.

(03-13-2020, 11:04 AM)jj22 Wrote: You can say what you want online. Who knows what you really do, but if you own 5 businesses and believe blaming others is leading then I'd hate to be led by you that's for sure.

We must do better, be better, teach better leadership.

In the mean time  Some facts:

The Obama administration tested 1 million people for H1N1 in the first month after the first US diagnosed case. The first US coronavirus case was 50+ days ago. And we haven't event tested 10,000 people yet.

In 2018, Trump fired the entire US pandemic response team. These were the experts with decades of experience dealing with precisely the kind of situation we are in today. Trump did not replace them. He eliminated the positions

Trump then cut CDC funding

I'm willing to talk facts, but I'm not wasting time with the Fake News.

We wouldn't be in this position if people were more focused on protecting Americans and not protecting Trump by spreading fake news and playing the blame game.

You must have been very upset as Obama blamed Bush for 8 years. More upset Biden, sanders and others have blamed Trump for beinbg racist and other lies. My guess is you are not better than that and are a hypocrite.

(03-13-2020, 10:56 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I own 5 businesses and employ over 400 people. I have lead for over 45 years in business. I am just fine, Trump is just fine and a great leader of people. Leaders get results, community organizers speak well but have no clue how to get results.

Do facts matter though? You just parroted a line the President has said that is factually false. You had no interest in fact checking it yourself, you simply wanted to wield it as some sort of weapon against the "other guy". 

RE: Coronavirus - treee - 03-13-2020

(03-13-2020, 11:26 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You must have been very upset as Obama blamed Bush for 8 years. More upset Biden, sanders and others have blamed Trump for beinbg racist and other lies. My guess is you are not better than that and are a hypocrite.

Any objective measure of this administration's response to Covid-19 shows that our current executive branch is inept at best.

(03-13-2020, 11:26 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You must have been very upset as Obama blamed Bush for 8 years. More upset Biden, sanders and others have blamed Trump for beinbg racist and other lies. My guess is you are not better than that and are a hypocrite.

I take it you disagree with the leadership characteristics I outlined? Or do you have anything to say about the actions of Trumps (agree or disagree) when it came to the CDC etc?

I've already told you I'm not focusing on fake news. Just facts.

I'm not interested in protecting a President. I'm interested in protecting Americans. Until that's the focus, we are going to see this pandemic continue.

Your resume doesn't matter one bit if you willingly ignore facts (or lie about them).

(It might make you more money but it isn't helping.)

Obama saw two times we needed to be prepared for viruses spreading and set that up.  Trump destroyed it because he lacks vision, thought and the ability to learn.

His "leadership" has been in getting rubes to think he is successful and smart when he is neither.

Have a great day.

RE: Coronavirus - Dill - 03-13-2020

You just totally avoided the factual record of JJ's post with a false "whatabout."

Actually Obama, a "'community organizer" who inherited a recession and fixed it, did not "blame Bush" for 8 years.

But Trump, who inherited a rising economy for which he daily takes credit, has blamed Obama every week for anything and everything, most recently for restricting of testing for pandemics in the US--a restriction which actually occurred under his own administration.

Biden and Sanders have called out Trump for being a "racist" because of his racist comments and policies. Just claiming Trump's racism is a "lie" doesn't make it so.

Best defense you can make of this behavior is to argue that you yourself don't think it's racist to single out brown immigrants from "shithole" countries for identification as rapists and thugs, and there really were good people on both sides, so that's why Trump is not racist. 

Not a very good defense.

People are not "hypocrites" for pointing out that Trump has performed incompetently as president--never more so than in moments of crisis like the present. He is not "leader" in the sense that Reagan, Clinton, Bush and Obama were. He only leads a base of 38% and has never even reached a 50% approval rating.

RE: Coronavirus - Catmandude123 - 03-13-2020

(03-13-2020, 10:11 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll admit I'm no historian, but the point is we did something instead of just ignoring it and hoping it was no biggie.

The president's job is to keep the public safe and keep panic from destroying us. HE IS NOT A SCIENTIST.  If sleepy Joe was in office everything would be exactly the same if not worse. Some idiots think that the scientists who are working on this will magically come up with a vaccine because the head of the government who has absolutely nothing to do with developing it has changed. The scientists stated it would take a year for a vaccine when it was discovered back in January.