Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow Recruiting Collins - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow Recruiting Collins (/Thread-Burrow-Recruiting-Collins)

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Big Boss - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: All these reports come based on that Barry Jackson guy who is a reporter from the Miami-Herald. Call me sekptical.

Bengals reporters saying it now.  He left.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Frank Booth - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Karras is a legit starter. Belichick even wanted him back. No need to make things up because you’re upset.

Belichick wanted him at guard. He was a center in Miami where he wasn’t as good

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - CloeHokie - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, I doubt this is over money. They just paid an OG $40 million dollars.

He's a day 2 guy. Look at his guaranteed money in his deal. It pays out the way the Bengals do it. Not the way bigger name guys like it. They want the guaranteed money dealt with better. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Nicomo Cosca - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:29 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: We only pay players that sell jerseys.

Hey,

It's my initial reaction that this is going to be about money. And he goes to the dolphins or somewhere that will give him the guaranteed money he wants. 

I'm often wrong. Not trying to say it's fact. Just what I think at this point based on 30 years of watching

Yeah, I’m sure DJ Reader jerseys just fly off the shelf… Rolleyes

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Sled21 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, I’m sure DJ Reader jerseys just fly off the shelf… Rolleyes

Or Hendrickson....

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - CloeHokie - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:25 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Embarrassing why?
Do we have the full story or just what people are putting on twitter

If true is embarrassing. Assuming he didn't fail a physical. I'm betting he signs somewhere where they give him his guaranteed money throughout his contract the way higher end players want it and get it from everyone but us and 2 other crusty dinosaurs

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - KillerGoose - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: All these reports come based on that Barry Jackson guy who is a reporter from the Miami-Herald. Call me sekptical.

Depending on your opinion of him, Malik isn't fighting it. Though, to be fair, he seemed like he had no idea. 

(03-19-2022, 03:34 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Depending on your opinion of him, Malik isn't fighting it. Though, to be fair, he seemed like he had no idea. 

Kelsey is tweeting it too, but they are all pointing back to this Miami guy for now.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - THE PISTONS - 03-19-2022

Collins may want to see what other offers are out there too.

(03-19-2022, 03:32 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Belichick wanted him at guard. He was a center in Miami where he wasn’t as good

People keep saying this, and it’s based solely off PFF scores. I don’t believe for a second anyone here actually watched the Dolphins enough to know what they’re talking about. He’s an upgrade over Hopkins. Period.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - jj22 - 03-19-2022

We had to know the longer this went trouble was brewing.

Don't forget BB offered Karras 3 years 15 million, then lowered it to 3 years 13 million. It's not like he wanted him too bad. He's signed for high end backup money, but still an upgrade (at Guard) at least.

and the board has been discussing Collins red flags when trying to figure out why he wasn't traded, so that isn't a new conversation as of today since he left.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - RunKijanaRun - 03-19-2022

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - casear2727 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The board is funny. When it looked like we were getting Collins, he was great.

Now that it's uncertain, they see him as full of red flags and justifiably released by the Cowboys.

I know. This is upsetting. Im not going to trash the FO until more info comes out, but...

If it's the physical, I'll take a lame Collins over a healthy Prince or Adeniji.  (After the Shaq Barrett embarrassment I will never trust our med team)

If it's the money, this would be a major problem for me as there is no way they scheduled this visit without having parameters in place.

We will find out eventually.  

(03-19-2022, 03:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People keep saying this, and it’s based solely off PFF scores. I don’t believe for a second anyone here actually watched the Dolphins enough to know what they’re talking about. He’s an upgrade over Hopkins. Period.

Whoever is cheaper between Hopkins or Spain, that’s who I want signed

I have no problem with Hopkins signing for cheap and putting Karras at the position he was graded higher at

(03-19-2022, 03:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Or Hendrickson....

I mean - DE is kind of a flashy position. But we made Reader the highest paid NT in the league. And just paid a OG. The narrative that we only pay skills positions is a tired one at this point.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Clark W Griswold - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:27 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Very embarrassing. We lost the super bowl because of a crappy o line. We had one of the highest cap spaces in the league and we sign 1 solid player (TB player) and a borderline backup/starter (NE player) to a cheap 6M/year deal.

We need some freaking protection for Burrow. The browns trade for Cooper and trade and sign Watson. Say what you want about their future with these deals, but the Browns are the team to beat in the AFC. The crushed us…without a capable QB. Now they have a top 10 QB and a stacked team.

But we have 2 new O lineman, and 2 holes still. All is well though.

He Browns crushed Cincy but not towards the end of the year when they were playing at their best. Bengals were the ones In the SB. Now the Brownies are the team to beat in the AFC? Get a grip. Maybe Buffalo, KC, SD but Cincinnati is still right there at the top.

Some of you are acting like Collins is Anthony Munoz and that he doesn’t have medical and off the field red flags. They made the SB with a poor OL that they have already improved it by spending some $. Relax and let this all play out instead of throwing temper tantrums and acting like the Bengals haven’t done good things in FA over the last couple of years.

(03-19-2022, 03:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I mean - DE is kind of a flashy position. But we made Reader the highest paid NT in the league. And just paid a OG. The narrative that we only pay skills positions is a tired one at this point.

The bengals do not pay for high end guards with high end money. That is a fact

(03-19-2022, 03:37 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I know. This is upsetting. Im not going to trash the FO until more info comes out, but...

If it's the physical, I'll take a lame Collins over a healthy Prince or Adeniji.  (After the Shaq Barrett embarrassment I will never trust our med team)

If it's the money, this would be a major problem for me as there is no way they scheduled this visit without having parameters in place.

We will find out eventually.  

Remember when that Waynes guy got by our medicals with a torn pec, and got paid for two years for nothing? Yeah, if it was the physical, then we don't want him. If it was money, I hope they work it out. Miami has reportedly started going in a different direction, so maybe they won't press as much.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - pally - 03-19-2022

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Ell Prez - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Karras is a legit starter. Belichick even wanted him back. No need to make things up because you’re upset.

I’m not making up what he was. He was a back up before he was a starter. And he’s on a cheap $6M/year deal. Belichick wanted him back but yet wasn’t able to offer better than 6M/year. Gotta wonder why? Because he’s not a tier 1 free agent. He was cheap. Hopefully he outplays his pay.

He’ll probably be a fine player. But once again, the Bengals aren’t willing to spend on the O line. And this is more proof.